Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:24   #91
BHPian

Re: My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)

Got these photos on the weekend, she will be ready tomorrow for the road test.

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img20211120wa0012.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img20211120wa0011.jpg
sinharishi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 11:48   #92
BHPian

The insurance process is taking time, the surveyor has sent the bill for approval and we all are waiting for delivery order. This process takes anywhere between 3 to 4 days.

Meanwhile VW took 2 test drives and have reported no issues with the car. No ETA on delivery yet but told them to get it done by the weekend.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 12:06   #93
BHPian

This thread is another indication on how important it is to buy a safe car. Safety is number one priority (CRH).

Things can go bad even when there is no fault of the driver.

@sinharishi: Wishing you a quick delivery of your angel
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:19   #94
BHPian

Finally the DO was received today. Heading to Jaipur in a day or two. Next post with pictures, reports and journey back home.
sinharishi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 19:38   #95
BHPian

Took delivery today. VW Jaipur made it look like a proper new car delivery, they decorated her with ribbons all around and gave me a box of sweet!

Driving her to Agra tomorrow and then home day after.

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_114116.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_16553301.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Took delivery today. VW Jaipur made it look like a proper new car delivery, they decorated her with ribbons all around and gave me a box of sweet!
Great to hear. Keep us all updated once you are back and when you have time.

I'm sure a lot of us are awaiting for your updates and on the quality of work done. Hoping that you got her back in pristine condition.
igemini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 01:23   #97
BHPian

A week and 1050 kms later:

- Took delivery on the 7th December, the day after DO was submitted to the dealer. Had planned to take delivery on the 9th but couldn't wait, so at 1am on the 7th decided to board 6am shatabdi to Jaipur!
- Reached dealership at 12pm. Met Mr. X (Bodyshop Manager, VW Jaipur). Had called them up at 9am informing them that I am on way and have the car ready for delivery.
- I could spot my car from the entrance of the workshop, polished, decorated, all set for delivery.
- I have to write a line about the hospitality I received at the workshop. I was served with tea, biscuits and snacks. They even offered lunch but I refused politely!
- Moving on, I met Mr. Y(my SA). Completed all paper work, reviewed the bill and paid the difference.
- Next up was the test drive, we drove the car around Sitapura Industrial area and I came back fully satisfied!
- I had told Mr. X to drive the car for as many KMs as possible till they wait for the DO. It took the insurance company a week to send the DO.
- Finally it was time for me to leave. They gifted a box of sweet, clicked a few pictures and departed for the hotel.
- I told Mr. X and Mr. Y, I will visit again in a month if I face any issues with the car. Submitted the gate pass and off we went! Parked the car few kms ahead of the showroom and removed all the ribbons.
- Drove to Agra on the 8th and then to Delhi on the 9th early morning. Car was put on marriage duty till the 12th.
- Issues to report: Just one as of now, the LHS door has a paint mismatch which is visible under sunlight, apart from the door, they have succeeded in matching the color of the rear damaged portion of the car with the factory color.
- What next? I will keep the car for a few months, if all is well, then I will keep her for 5 years. If there are issues, will take a financial hit and sell it off. As of now I am enjoying every bit of the drive!

I was worried about VW after sales and leaving the away from me in a workshop in another city. Mr. X was in constant touch with me since October 16th till the day of delivery, sharing regular updates and pictures on Whatsapp. They took their time but did a wonderful job at the end. Kudos to them!

Sharing some pictures:

Taking Delivery

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_114006.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_114015.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_114024.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img20211210wa0014.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_123142.jpg

Enroute Nahargarh

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211207_165556.jpg

Quick coffee stop on YEW

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211209_081220.jpg

Home for a few hours

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211209_093758.jpg

Agra to Home with the some spirited driving

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211209_093412.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211211_113822.jpg

Finally Home

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211215_152005.jpg

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211215_152019.jpg

Parked her as away as I could from a Tata Safari
No, its not the same Safari that rammed her from behind

My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins)-img_20211215_1520312.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 16th December 2021 at 01:32.
sinharishi is offline   (101) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 02:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

I must say, that has turned out really well. Good on the garage who sorted out the car for you. Its one of those rare instances where you walk out pleased from a VW garage.

Personally; I'd be a little reluctant to keep the car, not knowing if structural integrity has been retained. Something for you to keep in mind.
sandeepmohan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 05:51   #99
BHPian

Quote:
[b]- What next? I will keep the car for a few months, if all is well, then I will keep her for 5 years. If there are issues, will take a financial hit and sell it off. As of now I am enjoying every bit of the drive!

I was worried about VW after sales and leaving the away from me in a workshop in another city. Mr. X was in constant touch with me since October 16th till the day of delivery, sharing regular updates and pictures on Whatsapp. They took their time but did a wonderful job at the end. Kudos to them!
Congratulations on getting the car back in the shape, nice to know that you liked the hospitality at the workshop in our city.

Quote:
- Issues to report: Just one as of now, the LHS door has a paint mismatch which is visible under sunlight, apart from the door, they have succeeded in matching the color of the rear damaged portion of the car with the factory color.
This is usual issue with the vibrant paint shades, though it happens with the lighter shades as well but mostly it remains unnoticed. Report the workshop about the paint difference and wait for a month of time if some other panel also show the difference. Check the car for paint mismatch at different times of the day, like in the morning before sunrise, in the daylight, after sunset and in the night. Also check the car paint when its parked under the shade at different times of the day.

One cheat code to quickly spot the paint difference is to click the photographs covering the whole car from different angles in varied conditions as mentioned above and then see them in thumbnail size or small view size on the mobile screen, that way you can quickly spot the paint difference which you can not while seeing the car in person. Wherever you go and park, don't forget to click the photos of the car and then check them in the free time.

This trick I learned long back accidentally when I was checking the photos and found mismatch in the paint shade of one of repainted door on my red car which was then rectified by the same workshop.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 16th December 2021 at 05:57.
tbppjpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 13:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Report the workshop about the paint difference and wait for a month of time if some other panel also show the difference. Check the car for paint mismatch at different times of the day, like in the morning before sunrise, in the daylight, after sunset and in the night. Also check the car paint when its parked under the shade at different times of the day.
Instead of doing all this and being anxious for a month, one can take the car to a good painting or detailing shop and have them evaluate the work. A professional will spot issues in seconds.

Let me share one incident. I have a black car and I cannot make out any difference between the original paint and a painted panel, from any angle or light conditions. But on a casual visit to Code 6, their painter who was standing outside smoking just glanced at the car and asked me if that particular panel was repainted.
Jaguar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 21:47   #101
BHPian

Last update from my side on the thread: Tata Safari owner paid the insurance difference and the towing charges as promised.
sinharishi is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 07:54   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last update from my side on the thread: Tata Safari owner paid the insurance difference and the towing charges as promised.
That's a great thing!

Kudos to both of you for handling this beautifully.

Is there any difference in driving dynamics when driven spiritedly ?

Congrats on the complete repair! Wishing you many more years of incident free motoring!
PrasannaDhana is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 10:59   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All's well that ends well!
Nice to read about the sensitive and warm approach of the service centre. Especially when it is in a different city.

Wishing you trouble-free motoring!
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 12:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A week and 1050 kms later:

Parked her as away as I could from a Tata Safari
No, its not the same Safari that rammed her from behind
[/b]
Lol, this part was the best

On a serious note, even after so many years Polo looks unbeatable. And yours is indeed beautiful after the restore. Congratulations and wish you have miles of trouble free ownership
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:25   #105
BHPian

Good to see your car back on the road.

Maybe a noob question, but how did they redo the laser welded roof? Was it a normal weld? Can you share pictures of how the roof joint with the LHS rear door looks like now?

Hope you have lacs of trouble free kilometres with your car!
Shreyas_H is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed