Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 13:23   #1
BHPian

Bangalore Autowali....A friend of mine clicked this pic.

Bangalore Autowali....

Last edited by nevertouchme : 27th May 2007 at 13:26.
nevertouchme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2007, 13:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have seen a few Pune too. There is this one who brings all vegetables in hers to sell.
And apparently, going by the one mentioned above, are just as aggressive (or mad) as their male counterparts. She did a full wide u-turn in the middle of the road (on the wrong side too!) sending me and a couple of others into a braking frenzy.
Old 27th May 2007, 13:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

NTM - your friend asked permission to shoot the pic ? everybody in the picture is posing.
Old 27th May 2007, 14:39   #4
BHPian

Yeah, U bet he did ! :O)
Old 27th May 2007, 15:12   #5
BHPian

nice one,whenever i see such snaps or view it makes me feel good man that a woman can do a man job.
Old 27th May 2007, 16:50   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
nice one,whenever i see such snaps or view it makes me feel good man that a woman can do a man job.
Except for behaving absurdly, illogically and thinking with his genitals instead of his brain, there is NO job a man can do that a woman cannot do better.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Call me sexist if you will but I have serious reservations about women behind the wheel, flying jets and stuff. Men's genitals must have some better sense than those with stealth ones.
Old 27th May 2007, 18:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

they have "vanitha"(lady) autos here in kerala... I've seen a few. They're blue in colour
Old 27th May 2007, 18:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Except for behaving absurdly, illogically and thinking with his genitals instead of his brain, there is NO job a man can do that a woman cannot do better.
canvassing for aaj ki naari i suupose
Old 27th May 2007, 20:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

here in Delhi there are woman filling up petrol on the pumps...
Old 27th May 2007, 21:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have had the opportunity of sitting in a Cab in Mumbai driven by a woman a while ago and there was no difference from riding in a male driven cab. I could tell nothing apart from being driven in a male directed taxi except that people stared at us and yes, out of habit, i always take the front seat in a taxi when travelling alone, this time i quietly slipped into the rear . She drove me perfectly. Wish i was carrying my digicam then. Thats good. Women are doing a good job abd at this level too they are gathering the guts to come out and take such jobs. Kudos!!
Old 27th May 2007, 22:05   #12
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
here in Delhi there are woman filling up petrol on the pumps...
I have seen women filling up in petrol pumps in almost all the places. I think, all the shell and reliance pumps got female employees. In Bangalore, many other pumps too have them. Personally i feel comfortable to fill from such pumps, reason is their good manners and of course they will never cause a scratch on your bike's petrol tank with that filling nozzle.
Old 28th May 2007, 12:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Try asking the fairer sex to jack-up a vehicle. Minimum 2 hrs to locate the jack and another two to find out where to put..he he he

Give a plain amby or a fiat and ask them to change a broken fan belt.

Incidentally my wife drives the Safari

There are several jobs that they can't do. I'm not demeaning towards them or want to put them down..but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Old 28th May 2007, 12:42   #14
BHPian

this thread must have been started with a sole purpose to appreciate the fact that many women are capable of doing what is so called male dominated.

so it would be better to stick to appreciating them ( for this time atleast) rather then saying what men can do and women cant. this better be left to somebody who would want to write a book on it.

hats off to this woman who must have taken up this unique profession to may be earn something and add to her family income.

Mansi
Old 28th May 2007, 12:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Manaa: you are right. The work culture is what needs to be appreciated and the fact that women are taking to profession that earlier was male bastion is a welcome sign.

My response, without offending any, was basically to Kapasi's premise that what men can do, women can do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
this thread must have been started with a sole purpose to appreciate the fact that many women are capable of doing what is so called male dominated.

so it would be better to stick to appreciating them ( for this time atleast) rather then saying what men can do and women cant. this better be left to somebody who would want to write a book on it.

hats off to this woman who must have taken up this unique profession to may be earn something and add to her family income.

Mansi

Most Viewed