Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 13:15   #16
KPR
BANNED

Re: S.E.X in the Number Plate: Rider not able to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm very very positive there will be some pullingo out there who will even take a loan, pay twice the OTR price, just for the scooty's number. Sell the scooty, get a new scooty & also have the cash in hand!! Problem solved!!
That's a great example of glass is half full or half empty. 10000 lucky chaps who needn't worry about selling their vehicle anytime in their life.

Also see how biased this media report is? They haven't reported other side of story from a happy guy who also got S.E.X series for his bike.

Last edited by KPR : 30th November 2021 at 13:18.
KPR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 17:05   #17
BHPian

https://www.9news.com.au/national/sy...5-635679b13587

Related topic from other part of the world. Different reaction.

Last edited by nandrive : 30th November 2021 at 17:18.
Old 30th November 2021, 17:23   #18
BHPian

Sorry can't we dispose the number in Delhi and get another number?

I am planning to do the same in Gurgaon (HR) registration for my Thar, I think same should be applicable in Delhi too. Can anyone throw light on this please?
Old 30th November 2021, 17:26   #19
BHPian

This reminded me of an incident in school. Maths teacher asks me to solve a problem on the black board:

y = sec(x) + (forgot the rest)

I go to the board and in all excitement, forget the 'c'.

Needless to say that I was the Rockstar for the next few days.
srini1785 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Reminded me of the joke in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
S.E.X in the Number Plate: Rider not able to ride-f2b0f68ee192434bb64db485d107c059.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 19:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm very very positive there will be some pullingo out there who will even take a loan, pay twice the OTR price, just for the scooty's number. Sell the scooty, get a new scooty & also have the cash in hand!! Problem solved!!

Now that the news has hit the headlines, selling the scooter won't be that hard either.
That was my initial thought. But since it's the "DL 3S EX xxxx" part causing the grief, wouldn't this girl's predicament not be that unique? Someone desperate for this license plate could register a new vehicle and not pay the premium for her humble scooty. This is of course with the assumption that RTO authorities have not stopped issuing registrations with this sequence altogether.
Old 30th November 2021, 21:33   #22
BHPian

Few years ago when I bought my first bike it had registration that started with KL 36D xxxx. I used to joke to my wife about how it sounds similar to lingerie sizes. Like someone mentioned I have seen KL nn BJ xxxx series also. Beyond a grin and sometimes a hearty laugh I never thought number plates could cause this sort of trouble.
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
The real issue lies in the way the number plate is formatted.
It would be better to use below type. It breaks the S.E.X part and makes it almost non-sexist.
This is the answer for this issue right. No need to sell the scooter.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:42   #24
RMN
BHPian

Don't know but feels like the article or the owner is blowing this out of proportion a little bit. Since when did aunties start noticing number plates!? Unless she goes around grabbing attention intentionally, most of the people won't even notice it. And if its really bothering her, she can get a square plate in the front or better as aargee mentioned sell the scooter off to the highest bidder! 😁
RMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 15:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
The combination of the letters on the number plate of her scooty is so unbelievable that she hasn't been able to take the two-wheeler out even once - and it has been more than three weeks.

RTO Officials in Delhi can not help because there is no provision to change the registration number. Around 10,000 numbers have been issued for that series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
The real issue lies in the way the number plate is formatted.

It would be better to use below type. It breaks the S.E.X part and makes it almost non-sexist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Do cops crackdown a lot on damaged plates? She can cover up the alphabet with a masking tape or something if she's riding locally. I know it may be illegal but what else can be done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As registration number can't be changed the best solution will be to sell it off and buy a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
But since it's the "DL 3S EX xxxx" part causing the grief, wouldn't this girl's predicament not be that unique? Someone desperate for this license plate could register a new vehicle and not pay the premium for her humble scooty.
I think there is a workable solution for this. She can order new set of plates for her scooty. And replace the front number plate with the rear plate from new set. In this case, both the number plates will be of same size with DL 3S EX xxxx in two lines, similar to as suggested by iamahunter.

In case of 2W, there is no sticker bearing serial numbers of individual plates. She can keep the front plates in boot of scooty in case any police person questions excessively.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:26   #26

Will she be able to re-register the bike in UP or Haryana and use it in Delhi?
I am sure now agents will be offering services like arranging a temp address in Noida or Gurgaon and re-register vehicles under this series.
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:43   #27
BHPian

This not-pleasant coincidence is going to haunt some owner. One thing she can try - though will be a bit of deviation from RTO rules: Use a square number plate in front. THis way the number can be displayed as
DL 3S
EX nnnn

you can't do that, it's HSRP number plates, are made by Govt contractor and affixed by showroom, no change possible.
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:51   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

I do remember my college days, when the KL 01 BJ series rolled out. And college mates pointing it out and laughing.
Haha, we used to make fun of our friend who has two such numbers, one with BJ and another with BS.

And then I bought 2 cars within 2 months gap and had to put with AF series.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Delhi RTO is sitting on a goldmine. People will pay money to have one from this series of number plates.
download2live is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

To those saying that just forget about the 1-2 seconds and move on, let me tell you something which I have understood about Delhi from my best friend (also a girl). Delhi, as a whole is such a place where unfortunately girls are stared upon just for wearing a crop-top. I'm also aware about a ridiculously high number of comments being made on her especially as she moves out of her apartments.

If this can happen to a 15-year old girl who barely moves out of her house, imagine the plight of this lady who has to move around with that plate on her scooty written in that exact format.
akash_v12 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed