Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:15   #31
BHPian

Re: S.E.X in the Number Plate: Rider not able to ride

I have seen umpteen number plates where the sequence of letters can be construed to be something funny or risque or rude and frankly think this incident is much ado about nothing. The girl and her parents should accept the sequence of letters as the luck of the draw that it is and move on. Like DogNDamsel12 has mentioned, she should just ride the scooter like a gangster. In most cases people are hardly going to notice the number plate and even if they do, they will just laugh it off and carry on. I think roadside romeos have enough sense to understand that a number generated by the RTO is not a come hither invitation from the girl.

I have a feeling that this is a manufactured incident just to grab some headlines. The girl and her parents should get a life instead of bothering about such trivial things.
Neversaygbye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Haha, we used to make fun of our friend who has two such numbers, one with BJ and another with BS.

And then I bought 2 cars within 2 months gap and had to put with AF series.
Infact, when I bought my second vehicle, 'DK' series was running. In typical NCR lingo, I tried to get number as 'DK 8053' a.k.a DK BOSE (Delhi Belly inspired).

But the dealer said I had to approach RTO on my own. Due to time constraint I dropped the idea.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 2nd December 2021 at 13:24.
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:53   #33
BANNED

Here's a solution: Change registration state. Then change state again to register the scooter in Delhi. You'll automatically get a new number in both instances.
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am sure there will be some attention seeking "influencer" willing to pay extra for the said plate. Government can actually reserve such numbers so that only people who like it can opt, they can even charge for the same.
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:26   #35
BHPian

I might be missing something here. Is she the only person who has got this number in the series: DL 3S EX nnnn?

My understanding is that there would be numerous vehicles getting the same series. Here's my analysis:
  • DL : Indicates the State, Delhi in this case
  • 3S : Indicates the Area (RTO/A) where the owner resides
  • EX : The Current Series
The first two are fixed for the residents of that particular area in Delhi. The EX series would have numbers starting from 0001 to 9999.

So, there would be numerous vehicles with this series.

PS: Some people had taken offense to a logo that looked like an English Alphabet.
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:32   #36
BHPian

I’m curious- if the number DL 3S EX nnnn is the series in question, would there be other RTOs with codes xS that have the EX series of vehicles registered? (Not just limited to Delhi, this series can happen with any multitude of RTOs)

If there are other such instances, do we know how those RTOs dealt with such stuff?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd December 2021 at 15:06. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:15   #37
BHPian

I remember very distinctly reading this article in the newspaper and was wondering why on God's green earth would any journalist want to cover such an article/incident.

This topic was so popular that even leading media houses decided to write their own iterations of this incident. In fact on my news aggregator, this article came as a close second after the "Twitter gets Indian CEO" coverages.

Almost ironic that on one hand us Indians are making such leaps globally by becoming CEOs of some of the largest companies around the world and on the other hand we are amused by something so kiddish.

Is this the 2 Indias Vir Das was talking about? Guess we will never know!

P.S. The 2 Indias reference in the post was made as an apolitical reference
AKSarkar1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:22   #38
BANNED

Best option which already suggested is in two line -
First line - DL 3S
Second line - EX 1234
The current owner has to live with it. No Rto will change their current series whoever may be.
Somz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:40   #39
BHPian

On a humorous note, We Indians will spends lakhs of rupees on marriage celebrations just to have official coitus (wedding night), will keep pestering the newly weds to have lots of intercourse in order to procure a baby and will mock someone having their vehicle registration details as SEX
sabi_swat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:41   #40
BHPian

I am surprised at people suggesting registration in other states.
Re-registration means paying the registration charges (approx. 10% of the vehicle cost) again and then repeating the same once again for Delhi no., not to forget the hassle of transferring the insurance in favour of new owner.
In addition to so much money spent the vehicle would be 3rd owner and would lose it's resale value considerably.

As for no. plate suggestion, it's illegal to have any other no. plate than HSRP, so using any other registration plate is as good as not having one at least in road legal terms.
Turbo Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
This reminded me of an incident in school. Maths teacher asks me to solve a problem on the black board:

y = sec(x) + (forgot the rest)

I go to the board and in all excitement, forget the 'c'.

Needless to say that I was the Rockstar for the next few days.
I am not surprised that turned you into a Rockstar but I question if that 'c' was missed deliberately, as I noticed your location is 'bang'

On a serious note, I pity the owner but noticed the million suggestions to get out of the issue by this group and doubt the owner made a genuine effort to find a solution or is simply trying to make this into news.
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
I am surprised at people suggesting registration in other states.
Re-registration means paying the registration charges (approx. 10% of the vehicle cost) again and then repeating the same once again for Delhi no., not to forget the hassle of transferring the insurance in favour of new owner.
In addition to so much money spent the vehicle would be 3rd owner and would lose it's resale value considerably.

Why register back in DL? I suppose HR or UP registration should be OK in NCR.
And there is no change of ownership. It is as if the owner is moving to a different state and getting the vehicle regn transferred.

Last edited by Jaguar : 2nd December 2021 at 16:56.
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:11   #43
BHPian

This takes me back to 8th grade where I used to laugh hysterically whenever I heard a sexual word.

I bet there will be someone who is willing to pay more than the price they bought for just to get a chuckle out of that number plate.

For a country that is about to overtake China in terms of population, this news is pretty ironic.
Old 2nd December 2021, 20:22   #44
BHPian

I don't really think why it's such a big deal. People hardly notice the number plate unless they are looking for something specific. I don't have exactly the same number on my duke but something similar DL 7S AX ****. And noone apart from me noticed it when I got the registration till date. It was a two minute laugh a that's about it.

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

The position of the rivets in the number plate mounting also compound the problem, promptly sitting between the 3 and the S

I have had the mounting rivet right next to the number 6 so as to make it appear like an 8 from a distance (worse, from traffic camera grabs)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks