Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 17:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have found that pointing at such morons, and laughing out loud at them with a shake of the head to be more convenient. At least i dont get worked up that way. Not sure how effective this is for the one getting laughed at.
Another thing i often do is, sometimes near Shanti Nagar signal on Hosur road when vehicles from the opposite side come into the wrong side of the road (i.e. directly in front of me), i pull up next to them, look at their face for a couple of seconds, and then say, "shakal se to aap padhe likhe lagte ho... fir wrong side pe kyun khade ho?" (Translation: U seem to be educated, then why are you standing on the wrong side?)
Old 1st June 2007, 19:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
sometimes near Shanti Nagar signal on Hosur road when vehicles from the opposite side come into the wrong side of the road (i.e. directly in front of me)
This stretch of the road is most irritating in blore i have faced so far, for months. I see some efforts on widening roads but i dont know when that will complete!!
Old 1st June 2007, 19:23   #33
BHPian

Recently one of my friends witnessed a very strange and shocking incident.
There was a cab driver with 4 of his buddies in a cab. There was another car in front which was having some problems. That cabbie guy tried honking etc etc but that poor guy couldnt do anything much to move out of the way. Then the four guys came out and started beating him up.

The point I am trying to make is that one needs to be very careful in reacting sarcastically or in a manner that can anger others... Atleast they should look at the rear seats and see if a bunch of people are around!!.. Being aggressive is even worse.

With just one idiotic driver, it took one day for me to get over it. I cannot imagine the situation when I would be up against a bunch of cabbies.
Old 1st June 2007, 20:40   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Samurai San, Now that is victory without unsheathing the sword!
Exactly, there is no need to stoop to the level of such idiots. Just take the higher ground.
Old 1st June 2007, 20:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Don't do that buddy. Not with them the army fellows. Its because they do the unthinkable without a second thought. They take advantage of the fact that they can not be tried in a civil court and generally police is also afraid of them.
Do you expect me to just sit there and take whatever these people dish out?? And we expect these guys to defend our country !!

But as suggested by Kvish, it has to be a judgemental call. U cannot just jump headlong without thinking. In my case, I observed that the army man sitting next to the driver wasnt reacting at all. He was just sitting there waiting for driver to finish his ape trick and get on with it.
Old 1st June 2007, 21:11   #36
BANNED

This is what i did. Anyone who has been down the BEML Gate towards the Old Madras Road in Bangalore will know. There is a long line of vehicles coming from Old Madras Road towards Airport road via the BEML intersection. We are all waiting for the traffic to move in a single lane. This is quite a narrow road. A Tata Sierra comes charging down in the opposite lane and comes and parks right next to me trying to get into the lane infront of me. I edge my Bolero infront and block him nice and proper. A garbage truck is coming from the opposite and that guy has no place to go. He starts saying something in Kannada i respond saying Kannada Gotilla. This agitates him more. While he is doing this. I calmly get off. Pull out my camera phone and take a picture of his car blocking the road. Next in North Indian Hindi i tell him tomorrow see your photo in the papers. This makes our friend understand Hindi and he starts apologising. The rest of the people around start cheering what has just happened. The traffic starts moving and i drive off. The garbage truck driver seeing this gives our friend a piece of his mind while i drive away with a smug look on my face............LOL.
Old 2nd June 2007, 02:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Carry a jack/spanner/Maglite/gutting knife/gun/something. Talk softly, carry a very large stick, and be prepared to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
My car has been hit from behind so many times i dont even bother any more.
Welcome back! And I would think when someone looks at you, they would be most unwilling to start a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Do you expect me to just sit there and take whatever these people dish out?? And we expect these guys to defend our country !!
I am not known to back down from an argument, but I would humbly suggest you think twice before an altercation with any armed forces personnel. I know the sort of power they weild, having been on the non-receiving end a few time, and I would strongly advise against it.
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Two days back a brand new Santro with 4 youngsters were trying to come on to the main road in Ameerpet, hyd. They hit me perpendicular on the left side. The sound was not such that i would ignore it. The driver of the car was abusing me. I stopped my car a little further and checked for damage. Thank god it's Fiat.

By now the Santro stopped behind me and was blocking the traffic behind it. The guy in the driver seat was still jumping like an ape threatening me. I cooly stood next to my car and was watching his circus. They could n't take a chance to get out of the car because of the traffic behind and i am like a tower next to them. Silently they drove away.

if i am really frustated i go to the other vehicle and talk to the passengers rather than the driver (mostly cabbies). I tell them it's not worth to put their lives at risk at the hands of an idiot.

If the other guy is shouting, i ask him to call police if he has problem otherwise go away. Atleast in Hyd the crowd are not bullish when you look dominant. They think that this guy could be somebody.
Old 22nd June 2007, 18:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Must be some kinda saddistic pleasure I derive out of doing this, but then some of these retards learn the hard way when embarassed in public.
Even i do this, but definitely its not sadistic pleasure,its the right way to teach these drivers some lesson.
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I simply do this , drive straight into the vehicle and block his way. Now he cant shout at me since he is on the wrong side.
I do this at every single instance and never spare the cabbies and auto drivers.
I have never done this.. Always honk and see if i can take the gap.. But this sounds like fun.. I am going to try this out the next time.

Godfather
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread going on here. I think the best option is to grin and bear it. Especially with the motorcyclists. :( Have had my hub cap ripped off, a few dents and my rear lights smashed by these morons on two wheels.

OT: But, how do you guys still manage in Bangalore? What happened to that beautiful, sleepy town that I stayed in for close to 12 years?
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
OT: But, how do you guys still manage in Bangalore? What happened to that beautiful, sleepy town that I stayed in for close to 12 years?
Well all i can say is
"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive."

This used to be a quiet town.. Not anymore.

Godfather
Old 22nd June 2007, 23:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

It used to be really nice living in B'lore. People were friendly, and courteous. Traffic used to be heavy, but more organized. Road rage was hardly seen. There used to be the occassional fights due to someone banging into someone else, but it used to subside real soon.

Guess B'lore has changed for the worse.
Old 23rd June 2007, 00:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

It once was such a beautiful city, green and less denser. That lovely weather is just a thing of the past. I am happy to have witnessed at least some of those good days. Bye bye good old beautiful Bangalore. I miss you.
Old 23rd June 2007, 10:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

I've a 4 feet long 'latth' in both of my trucks and a 3 feet solid steel rod in one. Twice I've been stopped at police road blocks during Red Alerts in the city and have been asked about this steel rod.

My simple explanation that it is the rod supplied by the jack company for raising the jack has let me go scot free. Incidentally I've a hydraulic jack.

Never had a occassion to use any of the two. But the safety feeling it gives is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Carry a jack/spanner/Maglite/gutting knife/gun/something. Talk softly, carry a very large stick, and be prepared to use it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks