Team-BHP - Lost my cool today
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Lost my cool today (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/24601-lost-my-cool-today.html)

Today's traffic in Bangalore was a real nightmare....jams everywhere.... I was making my way around all the honking and sliding and yelling.
There was a u-turn where a sumo was half through. So I made way by stopping. The cars were moving at 2kmph...and this skoda laura rear ended me.... It was just a touch....but that guy started honking and yelling....I got out and wanted to blast that guy..(I usually dont even get out for small touches at the rear...usually nothing happens so why bother,..but this driver is honking non stop)....guess what...that driver starts hitting me... I lost it....and blows and blows pushing pulling etc.. I made a successful debut in street fighting !! ....that bummer (owner) in the rear seat has the nerve to say I came back....probably wasnt even aware when that accident took place....I gave a piece of my mind to him too....

I dont know if I did the right thing...but then if an argument starts at the collar.. I think he got what he deserved....and guess what...nothing happened to both the cars....it was just a nudge...and that had to lead to all this :Frustrati

damn I dont feel like working ....

Kvish, more often than not everyone thinks they are right when they are on the road. You can't help it, and I am sure that guy (the driver) was just trying to act smart coz he didn't want his boss firing him later. So this is the best way out to impress his boss or whoever. Anyways, you meet such jerks everyday on road, so don't bother too much and get back to yourself. I hope you are doing ok, no bruises or anything right?

so who won the fight? you or the driver?
if you did, then practice some deep breathing and relax for a while.
if you did not, then watch some Rocky, Rambo movies :)

Sorry to hear about your bad start of the day.
But i guess you really had no choice here as the driver had started hitting you. Maybe the driver was scared that the bummer sitting behind him might fire him if he accepts his fault.
My car has been hit from behind so many times i dont even bother any more.
By the way where did this happen?

Friend, as long as you did not strike first and were only acting in self defense, you did the right thing. But once it is over and done with, you must not let such things destroy your peace of mind. And why are you upset? You won!!! :Cheering:

Never get out of your zone and stoop to their level. although you want to rip their head off, you should have made sure that there was no damage and got back into your car. Even if you were "reversing back" , they should have kept a distance and seen this assuming that your reverse lights work.

What do i do with "honkys - I frustrate them by driving slowly and when road clears, put my foot down. They get so frsutrated

kvish, since it wasnt you who started the fight, dont think too much into it. Carry on with work, if possible. Else, take a break, have a smoke, go out with friends for lunch, or do something to distract yourself from this incident.

kvish,

Peace. Dont worry - things happen. Take a deep breath and calm down. Think of flowing streams, chirping birds and lush greenery. Btw, these natural soothing sounds are actually available on CDs and official termed "White Sound". They have a very relaxing effect. If you find such a CD, give me a copy too.

Hi Kvish,

Can understand what you had to do & your state of mind post the incident. If I were in your place I would have done the same thing , gandhigiri be damned . No seriously I would have seen to it that one tight blow or wack to the offensive driver would be enough to drill sense in him to retreat. May not be the most sensible thing eventually but a man got to do what a man got to do when hit/challenged in public..

Not to worry,take a chill pill..talk to friends & family..read sms/internet humour to brighten up your day! you will be allright! Hope no tell tale signs of the scuffle??

Dont take it to heart Kvish.. everybody is frustrated with the bad traffic and bad roads and that driver has an added pressure of his owner behind him..Dont let your cool down and we should not stoop down to a drivers level and fight. although i have done this too and this happened twice this week ( not fist fighting though) once i got involved in a big fight but its really not worth it. we can beat the crap out of some one but the civilized part of us will keep kicking us for a few days and leaves a bad taste makes it difficult to concentrate on more important things like our career, kids, family.. So my advice.. argue and talk but dont be emotional and take it to heart.. forget it and laugh it off as if it never happend. keep cool.

Cool down Vishy. Take a deep breath and relax. Vagaries of life. Brawls like this here in Delhi/Ggn lead to road rage of the worst kind.

I know what frame of mind you would be in. Take a day off, go to a pub, have chilled beer and get over it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvish (Post 453675)
Today's traffic in Bangalore was a real nightmare....jams everywhere.... I was making my way around all the honking and sliding and yelling.
There was a u-turn where a sumo was half through. So I made way by stopping. The cars were moving at 2kmph...and this skoda laura rear ended me.... It was just a touch....but that guy started honking and yelling....I got out and wanted to blast that guy..(I usually dont even get out for small touches at the rear...usually nothing happens so why bother,..but this driver is honking non stop)....guess what...that driver starts hitting me... I lost it....and blows and blows pushing pulling etc.. I made a successful debut in street fighting !! ....that bummer (owner) in the rear seat has the nerve to say I came back....probably wasnt even aware when that accident took place....I gave a piece of my mind to him too....

I dont know if I did the right thing...but then if an argument starts at the collar.. I think he got what he deserved....and guess what...nothing happened to both the cars....it was just a nudge...and that had to lead to all this :Frustrati

damn I dont feel like working ....

KVISH ! Relax :) Such things are way to common here in the north. If it was Delhi things would have gotten much worse!! So take your day off and get over it.

Hmm that was bad kvish , but in banglaore ppl have no sense , they have to keep a fingure or a palm on the stupid horn . Whenever some one honks , i just give way and after that ask him are they gone nuts by point my index figure to head ....u know like are u loose . They just go away .
Morons ,today blasted a autodriver who was honking even tough there was no space to move .
I dont know how you car guys tolerate traffic , may be due to that u guys have AC and music to clam down.

@kvish, sorry to hear about it. It is not your fault for what you did. One shouldn't chicken out all time, but also beware of real rawdies, who fight on streets day in and day out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 453710)
Else, take a break, have a smoke, go out with friends for lunch, or do something to distract yourself from this incident.

You had to suggest that on Anti-Tobacco day, didn't you?

Quote:

You had to suggest that on Anti-Tobacco day, didn't you?
Probably it was the lack of it which led to frayed nerves?