Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 19:14   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My experience at Indira Nagar RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post

Finally I get back to this chap and he goes through my papers and says I have to pay 25 rupees fine since I am transferring the ownership 2 weeks after the date shown on the agreement (I didnt know that..... my mistake). But couldn't these guys mention everything at one shot??
First of all, congratulations and I commend you on testing and fighting the system. I would love to do this myself.

BTW, what's this Rs.25 fine for 2 weeks. Date of which agreement?

And the brown envelope part was amazing.

This thread really demonstrates that a common man with the required home work (mental as well as material) and willpower can straighten the agencies and curb corruption.
Old 13th October 2011, 05:31   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I visited Indiranagar to pay life time tax for my car from another state during May and the amount of paperwork, inspection etc was just not doable on my own, mainly because everything was in Kannada.
Reminds me of my experience when i tried to pay the road tax in Bangalore (Indranagar RTO) for my bike. I had to pay the bribes, and then had to literally follow up with the agent for 3 weeks till i could get the documents. That too didnt come without its share of drama. After i reached my wits end, my bro brought along a friend of his who was well-connected and then threatened the agent and his goons to handing back the documents. Needless to say, the documents with the tax paid receipt were handed to me the very next day!

As for handling the Kannada part, i took along fellow TBHPian Condor to the Indiranagar RTO when trying to cancel the hypothecation for my car's loan.
Old 27th August 2017, 10:43   #63
Senior - BHPian

Indiranagar RTO is shifting from the BDA complex to near Ramurthynagar police station from next week.
3rd C Main Rd, East of NGEF Layout, Kasturi Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560016

Its on Google maps.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 10:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Read in the papers that there was a fire due to short circuit at the Indiranagar RTO. Lots of documents burnt.
Old 24th November 2017, 19:41   #65
BHPian

Anybody with recent experience at the RTO at Kasturinagar where the Indiranagar RTO has shifted its operations after the fire? I need to get NOC done for my car found the BDA complex at Indiranagar wearing a deserted look when I dropped in today only to be told by a broker/hustler that its relocated to Kasturinagar.

Not sure what to expect since apparently many files were burnt in the fire. Contacts for a broker would also be appreciated, will keep that as a backup plan.
Old 5th December 2017, 10:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Anybody with recent experience at the RTO at Kasturinagar where the Indiranagar RTO has shifted its operations after the fire?.
This is at a walking distance from the outer ring road .If you are coming on ORR from Banaswadi then take a left to the service road .Enter the Kasturinagar underpass. Its few meters after the under-pass.
https://goo.gl/maps/dioUYBxeXwz

Had been there last month. You can find many agents near the office.
Found this https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/en very informative and may be a agent killer.
ansumaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 22:08   #67
BHPian

Have been to the Kasturi Ngr RTO. They take 40 to 50 days for issuing a DL after completing all the formalities. Even the AASI person mentioned the same thing!!
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:25   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

My brother visited Kasturi Nagar / Indiranagar RTO to check regarding ownership of a pre-owned car he was planning on buying.

He found the personal helpful.

It seems they shifted 1.5 years back to current location from Indiranagar BDA complex.
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:55   #69
BHPian

Actually I second that. I went there for a car ownership transfer. On a tuesday evening I went there and spoke with an official about the required docs and process.
Next morning I was there at 11 with all docs. In and our in 15 minutes. Paid exact amount and got the acknowledgement. RC card was delivered in the sealed addressed envelope in 6 weeks.
It was the Kasturi Nagar office and I am not a Kannadiga and don't know local language yet. All official were professional and spoke in english.
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 15:07   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Actually I second that. I went there for a car ownership transfer.
Well, same boat as my brother is in now.

Can you please let know what was the amount paid for transfer of ownership of car.

He wants to the no-agents approach, was quoted Rs.2000 by an agent.
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:37   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Can you please let know what was the amount paid for transfer of ownership of car.

It should not be more than a couple of hundreds, if at all. No agent needed either if its the one at Kasturi nagar which now houses the Indiranagar operations. Sharing my wife's experience who had been there for out of state NOC.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 18:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

500 rupees. Transfer + Smart RC Card
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 15:44   #73
BHPian

Nice to know kasturinagar RTO has evolved this far, thanks for the info that Indiranagar RTO has shifted from BDA complex to Kasturinagar, I have shifted to Indiranagar recently, my previous DL was from Cantral (Koramangala), needed address change on DL, so went online and followed all procedures towards address change which includes uploading documents, Photo, signature scan and a payment of Rs 351 online, than I got a acknowledgement for the same & it says "visit the concern office with required forms and Documents along with this receipt" there is no option for booking a appointment slot or date etc. anyone has any idea how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 12:29   #74
BHPian

Finally decided to do a trial run for the address change after the online procedure and payment, amazingly finished the whole process within 1 hour, here is the procedure to be followed,
take print of online payment receipt,
Print out of the online application form
Photocopy of your supporting document for address change along with original (aadhar or passport) list available on the website.
Original driving licence has to be handed over to them, so keep some copies until you get the new one with address changed.
Get the file ready with all the above papers and a self addressed stamped envelope that's available at any store near the RTO costs 31 rupees.
Proceed to first floor, and give the file for adding a sticker for 49 rupees which is for the smart card, then to a officer on the same counter for scrutiny, then proceed to second floor room number 17 for signature, then return to first floor for picture taking at biometric room, then proceed to end of corridor to submit the file, that's it, go home and wait for the post, no acknowledgment will be given, so don't ask.
No agent, no one pestering like old days.
Next will try change of address on car RC book, that looks challenging with having to get NOC from old office and submit to new office and form 33 etc, no online solution found for this as of now.

Last edited by drkumarmp : 8th February 2018 at 12:31.
drkumarmp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed