Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2005, 20:29   #31
BHPian

I was just thinking... how does a mchanic suddenly appear... I mean, wouldn't one find that a bit strange...
I guess the only way that one turns up is if someone from one of the stalled cars calls them... someone who is in with the racket... so taht when they turn up, they can say that "this man called for help on is car, but we'll also help you". they 'charge' him, and you, and everyone goes away... and they've made their money...
I like criminal investigation
Old 24th March 2006, 16:47   #32
BHPian

something fishy

i live in jaipur . this city has a lot of rural migrators . i was going to the walled city on JLN Marg(6lane) . i stopped at a signal at birla temple and what i found was a lady basically from a rural part of the state knocking my window . i cudnt hear ne thing due to loud music and then i realised that she was pointing out another lady on the divider probably carrying a child . the signal changed and i moved from there. the next day i went from that road to some other place and what i found the same couple of ladies there tryin to get some money from ppl . i knew tht something was fishy but again i moved on .the next day when i read the local news it had a story of the same ladies who used to get lift from ppl to the hospital then in the car they tear their clothes and accuse the driver for raping her and take some money frm the driver and went on to do the same with other ppl . after this incident i dont give lift to neone and i even dont bother to look any of these ppl on the road .i just head for the place where i have to go.
Old 24th March 2006, 17:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Here is a bit of advice : NEVER EVER GIVE LIFT TO ANYONE! Even if its a beautiful girl. Todays world is no more trustworthy. Robbery has become rampant.

You never know who that person is what he is having. Lately there have been a few cases on the expressway when a person asking for directions, robbed a car and left them on the highway. Also happened with a biker, who was tied and the thieves fled away with his bike.
Old 24th March 2006, 17:53   #34
BANNED

What a shame that even if we want to help someone, we cannot, because we can't be sure if it's a geniune case, or someone out to scam us or worse. People like that should be shot for destroying decency and trust.
Old 24th March 2006, 20:14   #35
BHPian

Unfortunately these types of incidents are quite common. Few years back, similar scandal happened inside some cinema halls too. They used to target lone males in the hall, during the show they **** clothes and demanded Rs 500 - unless one gives, they threatened to shout..!!! Often they are patronized by local police & political leaders - b*********!

NEVER OFFER LIFT TO ANY UNKNOWN PERSON

Last edited by sbasak : 24th March 2006 at 20:16.
Old 24th March 2006, 20:29   #36
aZa
Senior - BHPian

garvit u just saved urself from being called a rapist lol omg !! once i was going to meet my girlfriend and i was at Moolchand redlight (infront of macademia kids corner) going towards south ex in delhi. I was fiddling with my system as it was a traffic light then i heard a knock on my window and what i cud make out from the corner of my eye was this Fair lookin "babe" sorts so i lowered my window and turned at the same time and to my shock it was a Gay guy or mebbe a enuch (??) lol smartly dressed in tight jeans and pink top lol that person said in english "lift??" with the thumbs up lol i was like oh NO ... OH HELL NO lol thank god the traffic light went green and i rushed out

wuz scaryyy in a way embarresing too
Old 24th March 2006, 20:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

have you not seen the movie road??

Axually such incidents affect those people who sometimes really need help.

I let my intuitions work and (touchwood) never felt for such traps.
Old 24th March 2006, 20:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Devastatingly shocking. I throw them out of my car, run them over, and run back over to make sure. I kid, but still, it's pathetic, the state of our country.
Old 25th March 2006, 15:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Here is a bit of advice : NEVER EVER GIVE LIFT TO ANYONE! Even if its a beautiful girl. Todays world is no more trustworthy. Robbery has become rampant.

You never know who that person is what he is having. Lately there have been a few cases on the expressway when a person asking for directions, robbed a car and left them on the highway. Also happened with a biker, who was tied and the thieves fled away with his bike.

u have to assess the person with your mind . i think i must help ppl when they need help genuinely .
Old 25th March 2006, 15:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
have you not seen the movie road??

Axually such incidents affect those people who sometimes really need help.

I let my intuitions work and (touchwood) never felt for such traps.
movies are movies but real life is much more different than them . but still i agree with you its all the work of intutions
Old 25th March 2006, 15:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Here is a bit of advice : NEVER EVER GIVE LIFT TO ANYONE! Even if its a beautiful girl.
Man that will be tough...I mean turning down a babe would be kinda hard...you know it would be kinda that new Tata Indica Xeta ad...where the babe might be seeking a genuine lift and we just run away..she might think what a nerd I am..LOL
Old 4th April 2006, 23:28   #42
BHPian

vooh ... something new that am hearing .. heard of jobless guys flicking 2 wheelers but never a 4 wheeler
Old 5th April 2006, 11:27   #43
BHPian

My brothers mobile got stolen at the Signal, his wife was using the phone, she finished the call and placed it on the dash in front of her, immediately there was this guy who rushes, puts his hand through the window on her side takes the mobile and runs away, he was out of sight before my bro and his wife could react to it.. This happend on the Sankey Tank Signal in Bangalore. So guys be wary of such things happening in Bangalore as well. Roll up your windows atleast when your are at a signal and lock the doors while you are in the car...
Old 5th April 2006, 11:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
My brothers mobile got stolen at the Signal, his wife was using the phone, she finished the call and placed it on the dash in front of her, immediately there was this guy who rushes, puts his hand through the window on her side takes the mobile and runs away, he was out of sight before my bro and his wife could react to it.. This happend on the Sankey Tank Signal in Bangalore. So guys be wary of such things happening in Bangalore as well. Roll up your windows atleast when your are at a signal and lock the doors while you are in the car...

similar thing happened to me ..i was talking on my cell and when i reached this IOC petrol pump on old madras rd near BDA ...i just kept it on my LHS front seat so that i cud take out my card ....my LHS window was only half open ...when i turn back to pick up my cell ..its missing !!!!!!!1 when i call up my number immediately ...its already switched off ...

all this never happened in mumbai
Old 6th April 2006, 11:59   #45
BHPian

Bangalore folks: There is an established industry here of stealing mobiles at traffic lights from cars with open windows.. I know 3 people who had their mobiles stolen like this at Forum signal when they were on the way to meet me !!! On different days.. Typically these thieves are on bikes, on your left hand and do their job when they have a clear line of escape in front of them.. happens so fast, you cant even note their bike number.. You cant chase them in traffic, you cant even open your doors to get down as there are vehicles within an inch of you..

Always drive with windows up, doors locked, AC on, light music playing..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks