Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 13:21   #46
BHPian

damn!!

So you are the 3rd or 4th victim of this month due to the worst community called "AUTORICKSHA"!! My goodness.... I can imagine the scene that wud've happened there!! Good to know there you both came out safely!
Wonder why no one is worried bout the dangerous attitude of auto and cabbie drivers?!! They are mostly half or full goondas these days!!
I too have had a very bad rub with an auto guy and had to make his life really miserable to make him understand what actually he is!! Now he know how to deal with others to push his life peacefully and will never ever do the same mistake to anybody!

Always have numbers of nearest police stations, known advocates, freinds, politicians( if you have contacts) etc etc...

Take it easy buddy.... it is a lesson learnt! So next time better you run over hin incase it is an auto/cabbie guy or else insist in taking the issue to nearest police station. All you need is courage to live-on the situation. Mostly, on a later stage we will be able to do many things to really thrash them badly!

Drive on..!
Old 12th June 2007, 13:21   #47
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
RKS, are you sure you've got the right perspective on this one? From what I've understood (Benny, correct me if I'm wrong), Benny was turning RIGHT, the auto was coming straight down the road, failed to BRAKE ON TIME (or was driving too fast to slow down) and slammed into Benny.

Where is the question of the indicator? Or, for that matter, what look in the mirror (auto was not coming from BEHIND him) or quick glance over which shoulder? Sorry if I'm confused............
You may be right, I thought the car was turning left and got hit from behind. Of course, the car's indicator should still have been on and the auto guy should have seen it and slowed down in time. But at night sometimes the flashing indicator can be missed in the glare of headlights.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RKS, are you sure you've got the right perspective on this one? From what I've understood (Benny, correct me if I'm wrong), Benny was turning RIGHT, the auto was coming straight down the road, failed to BRAKE ON TIME (or was driving too fast to slow down) and slammed into Benny.

Where is the question of the indicator? Or, for that matter, what look in the mirror (auto was not coming from BEHIND him) or quick glance over which shoulder? Sorry if I'm confused............
Suman, If I am not wrong, RKS said we shouldn't expect the other vehicle to slow down or apply brakes to allow us to go through. In this case, Benny was taking a U turn and he saw the Auto coming from other side in full steam, Benny assumed that Auto will slow down to allow him to take a U turn but sadly either the Auto guy didn't slow down or his brakes failed....!
And I agree with RKS's viewpoint here.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:37   #49
BHPian

sorry to hear about your accident.
right to bear arms and right to shoot all vehicle drivers with yellow license plates should be written into the constitution.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Suman, If I am not wrong, RKS said we shouldn't expect the other vehicle to slow down or apply brakes to allow us to go through. In this case, Benny was taking a U turn and he saw the Auto coming from other side in full steam, Benny assumed that Auto will slow down to allow him to take a U turn but sadly either the Auto guy didn't slow down or his brakes failed....!
Yeah! thats what happenned as i understand it too and as I always say, drive your vehicle so as not to hit others and also prevent others from hitting your vehicle. Thats the expertise/magic you require on Indian roads.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey Benny Happy Anniversary man.Cheer up and move on, dont deter this incident from spoiling your anniversary in anyways.

Head to HYPNOS(Infantry Road, next to Samarkhand) tonite and have a nice candle light dinner with your better half.

Sorry to hear about the accident.
1st of all what you did was absolutely right, as in dint over react or even get into any kinda mess(physical abuse).

I would suggest that next time onwards head to the nearest police station and deny paying up on the spot.

Can understand what one goes thru during such incidents when a mob gathers and threatens you. Hold your ground and simply ask the un-concerened to leave(all once you learn the local language).

I have done it and asked people without any business standing there to leave and their comments werent needed.

To top it all the cop who acted immune and never bothered to help you.
Well if I were in your shoes the story would have been completely different.I believe in making life hell for these nit-wits.

Now its time you learn the local language .

edit : Keep some of the local bangy bhp'ians numbers handy.Really helps.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 12th June 2007 at 13:44.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:42   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
In that case Finney, please read RKS comments to which I specifically replied - "In this case the auto driver should probably have seen the car's indicator and slowed down to let benbsb29 go, but he failed"

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
You may be right, I thought the car was turning left and got hit from behind.
Please don't generalize out of context. Cheers!

Last edited by suman : 12th June 2007 at 14:00.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:47   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Benny first of all happy anniversary.
Like someone mentioned keep a few numbers handy. Like v1p3r, godfather, vikram, mag, blueraven, vidyut, amitoj, anush, condor, riju, tadu. Just these many of us can cause quite a stir.
Now that's a list of phone numbers to have. Also include tunner uncle psychoji. i can just imagine it, someone calls up these people when in trouble and in a few minutes you have a blue baleno coming in sideways, 2 silver balenos, a black truck, 2 black swifts, a modded zen, a black lancer, an OHC, a Sumo, a elantra and a phus phus esteem. man pity the guy who even thought of messing around with a tbhp member.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:48   #54
Team-BHP Support

Coming to the analysis of the incident. As finneyp mentioned, i did notice the auto approaching, and proceeded into the turn. The auto guy was probably clicking some really wierd speeds which is why he reached faster than he should have. Instead of proceeding on the same track on which he was coming, he slams the pathetic brakes on the contraption, which skids; he now panicks and turns the handlebar into the lane on his left, which is where my car now is, and slam.

As is obvious from the damage to the left door on my car, the skidding auto hit into it with its front wheel now stuck in my wheelwell/fender region, while the body slammed into the door region.

Had the guy continued with his same speed on the same track he was on, this wouldnt have happened.

As for the part about the indicator being used by me. I am very finnicky about indicator usage, and ALWAYS use them at any turn, specially when its something as significant as taking a U turn (even at the risk of seeming paranoid). The auto gangsters initially claimed i didnt flash my indicator while taking the turn, but they were proved wrong when i started the car and the indicator was still flashing, much to their dismay, and the damned cop who was a witness didnt even care to notice. But then, how would you when you have been blinded by corruption.

Did i also mention another fact here, wherein the auto comrades got rid of the female passenger on the auto by sending her off in another one so as to possibly eliminate all witnesses who would possibly have worked in my favour? Cold-blooded they are, these guys. I didnt notice that she had gotten away, was informed of the same by my friends present there.

@nikki : I was sad reading your thread, and here i am. Another victim to the 3 wheeled menace.

I am sure we all remember wheeliej's incident with the AOL cabbies, and the similar situation which followed. Bangalore is now being ruled by ruffians such as the cabbies/auto unions, and nothing seems to be done regarding it.

@Rahul : Since you have these numbers with you, please PM them to me. I am sure i dont need to ask any of them specifically for permissions in this case. . Would have been good had you guys been here.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th June 2007 at 13:53.
Old 12th June 2007, 13:48   #55
BHPian

Hey Ben, sad to hear about this. Happy Anniversary and like all the folks have advised, leave it behind and enjoy your day. Car will be back to normal soon.

Cheers!!!
Old 12th June 2007, 13:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Very sorry to hear and i dont understasnd even on being vigilant and careful the car owners(i.e we) many a time get the harsh beating .....and mostly these auto wallah's ....they are a menace and added to it the language barrier becomes a serious handicap. I strongly feel that something needs to be done because it was u today "benbsb29" and someone among our lot too may be in such a precarious situation. Wish there was a forum or helpline exclusively maybe among BHPians itself...no matter its difficult ....where one can be helped in such matters of distress ....i aint saying that we dont make mistakes while on road but atleast with someone known in such vicinity would help the victim to ease out a bit and get out without having these so called auto goons all around.
Old 12th June 2007, 14:08   #57

Dear Ben,

Really sorry to hear of this unfortunate incident. Thank God you and the wifey are fine. Don't worry buddy, Mike will be up and running real soon...

Wish you and your wife a Happy Anniversary..

Take care !
Old 12th June 2007, 14:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@nikki : I was sad reading your thread, and here i am. Another victim to the 3 wheeled menace.
I am sure we all remember wheeliej's incident with the AOL cabbies, and the similar situation which followed. Bangalore is now being ruled by ruffians such as the cabbies/auto unions, and nothing seems to be done regarding it.
THIS is a pathetic situation!! Its WE guys who are contributing for each and every devolopments happening in the state/country! Everything is being taxed!! And we do humbly agree that and pay it on time. These idiots wud've never ever heard of income tax or any other taxes. They are happy if they get thier fuel in black, spareparts without tax components, very happy if cops won't stop them for showing road tax token!! I must say that none of the tax paying ppl are concerned of others problems with such idiots! I believe these kinda idiots can be easily controlled by the machinery we have. Only thing is that the concerned authorities should co-ordinate each other and work strictly against such defaulters! If the tax payers unite and shout at the government am sure this is a very easy task! Sadly...who cares...'time is running'!! No time...!! damn!!
Old 12th June 2007, 14:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore is now being ruled by ruffians such as the cabbies/auto unions, and nothing seems to be done regarding it.
Benny I am re-iterating, please dont fall for this. They only talk when there are others around. Take one chap on and you will see how the others shut their trap and leave.Come on man, they cant touch you.

I have been there experienced it and know how it works.Simply ask the on-lookers to leave and their opinions are un-invited.

Hold your ground and talk,you will be surprised to see these retards finding their way out with their tails between their legs.
Old 12th June 2007, 14:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In that case Finney, please read RKS comments to which I specifically replied - "In this case the auto driver should probably have seen the car's indicator and slowed down to let benbsb29 go, but he failed"
Sorry Suman, I got it mixed up, I was referring to RKS's 1st point and I think you were reffering to his 2nd Point on rear-view mirror.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks