Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 11:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

After going through all the posts definately this incident doesnt encourage me to take my car out. I use my bike to communte to office regualarly, though am asked by parents that why i dont use my car instead. i guess these kind of incidents which i fear.

Am sure in todays traffic condition, these kinda incidents cant be avoided, there are plenty of bad riders/drivers on the road. everyday one who reaches his destination without a scratch should thank his luck.

This reminds me once when i was travelling in a auto, guess the ricksha driver was in a assumption that he was a F1 driver. he was driving very recklessly, i kept quiet for few minutes but when my patience ran out i asked him to stop the auto and told him that if he cant drive properly i will get down. after that he behaved himself.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:48   #92
BHPian

Ben, you should probably take the advice in your sig
I wish I was a lorry driver. a water tank("thanni lorry") driver, specifically.
Outa my way you Puny Mortals!

take care mate.
Old 14th June 2007, 11:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hey Benny, Thats very sad dude, just read that thread... Even I have experienced Auto / Cabbies doing high speeds in that downslope while going to Golconda Chimney...

Anyway forget it, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...
Money gone, it will come again, Car damaged, it will be back again....but u will never get back your first wedding anniversary....just make use of it...

Abhi
Old 14th June 2007, 12:09   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Ben, you should probably take the advice in your sig
I wish I was a lorry driver. a water tank("thanni lorry") driver, specifically.
Outa my way you Puny Mortals!
I would be adding ricks in there too, pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Money gone, it will come again, Car damaged, it will be back again....but u will never get back your first wedding anniversary....just make use of it...
Thanks buddy, the day went fine.
Hope to recieve the car in the evening, as good as new.
Old 18th June 2007, 11:01   #95
Team-BHP Support

Update

Recieved the car after repairs on thursday evening, with all formalities completed. The car looks as good as new now, with no physical evidence of the trauma it went through.

The amount i had to shell out from my pocket was Rs. 3000/- (including all applicable taxes) which also included a Rs.1000/- paint job on the front bumper which i had scraped on Day 1 of owning the car (Actual incident mentioned on another thread in 'Shifting Gears').

The Cashless Facility extended by Bajaj Allianz was a big boon here. Thank you BA and Cauvery Ford.
Old 18th June 2007, 11:13   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Recieved the car after repairs on thursday evening, with all formalities completed. The car looks as good as new now, with no physical evidence of the trauma it went through.

The amount i had to shell out from my pocket was Rs. 3000/- (including all applicable taxes) which also included a Rs.1000/- paint job on the front bumper which i had scraped on Day 1 of owning the car (Actual incident mentioned on another thread in 'Shifting Gears').

The Cashless Facility extended by Bajaj Allianz was a big boon here. Thank you BA and Cauvery Ford.
Great. Seeing your car good as new again will help put the experience behind you hopefully.
Old 20th June 2007, 13:51   #97
Team-BHP Support

Here's a pic of the car after the repair job.

Old 20th June 2007, 13:56   #98
Senior - BHPian

arre bahi your car looks like new man cann't make the difference

this reminds i have to upload the pic of my nhc it is also back from the H.A.S.S
Old 20th June 2007, 14:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Looks good ben, didn't they polish the other parts of the car too ? the rear door looks unpolished.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

With you brother, sad to here the incident.
It is really bad to see that no body bothers to help you in such situations especially when you don't know the local language.
Old 20th June 2007, 14:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Benny, good to see Mike's back safe & sound & spotless!

John, you are right, it looks like (if you see the side cladding) they applied the polish or rubbing compound but didn't rub it off, which is why its looking dull....Benny?
Old 20th June 2007, 14:41   #102
Team-BHP Support

@manikjeet : Put up some before and after snaps of your car too, buddy.

John, they did polish the rear door too, just that the front door looks a lot more clean and shiny owing to the new rubber strip across the door. Should become like the other one too in some time. I made them repolish the car after i saw it.

Sivadaas, thats the fact we cant help overlook.

Suman, true about that. Like i was telling John, i made them redo the polish job after seeing the car.

The broken wheel well casing, and the old rear view mirror have been stashed in the boot of the car.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th June 2007 at 14:44. Reason: Replying to suman's post
Old 20th June 2007, 14:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Looks clean! but as others have mentioned that the entire car is not been polished/buffed.

Take care
Old 20th June 2007, 14:59   #104
Team-BHP Support

benny, You get polish for the plastic side strips. Why not get a bottle of that and dab it on all your doors and the front and rear black part of bumper.

The car looks good. Does it drive the same. I was worried about suspension damage as well as drive shaft damage.
Old 20th June 2007, 15:29   #105
Team-BHP Support

Vid, no difference at all in the way the car drives, not even immediately after the accident. There were some scraping sounds but that was because the wheel well case was scraping against it when taking turns. All damage was restricted to the external regions/body.

As for the polish on the rubber strips, i use the tyre polish/spray on those too. Does a decent job, i must say.

Psychologically, there seems to be some influence. Havent taken the car out since i drove it home from the workshop. Been relying exclusively on the bike these days. Maybe i have become paraniod, or maybe its because the climate here in Bangalore has suddenly become really lovely. Before the accident, it was the bike which never used to see how life was outside my apartment parking lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks