Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 01:06   #106
BHPian

My Ford Ikon was rammed by another vehicle recently, the deformation is in almost the same location as in the below picture. However, the damage is far more severe and has caused the wheel to collapse inwards.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...r-vehicle.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

Some pics of the car while at the dealer following the accident.

Old 31st May 2008, 10:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know what had happened, and the treatment given to you was bad.

I thought that I am the only one to be unlucky enough most of the times. Will surely have to get expensive surgery in left knee because of some lady driver driving NHC rearended me. My left knee is still not proper.

But now I know that others are also sometimes unlucky.
Old 11th March 2009, 14:39   #108
Senior - BHPian

reviving this thread: the sad scenes with benbsb29 are mute testimony to the gang of rowdies we have as auto guys. and rightfully pointed out above by the MAG they have political support too.
My Sincere suggestion: DONT USE AUTOS
I dont and never will.
Old 11th March 2009, 20:28   #109
BHPian

I'm sorry for being abusive towards majority of Auto Drivers; They are arrogant, selfish, rude, and politically strong outfits on three wheels. I got banged at the rear when i stopped on stop line at a four way junction by a traffic constable. As i was in moderate speed, i knew my esteem brakes could stop in time for traffic constable. But the auto driver banged my rear. I got totally pissed off, got out from my car and shouted why the hell did he sped when he doesn't have the brakes for it. His lame excuse was he was following me and i was "wronged" to stop at stop line suddenly. I told that i can only see the front the the constable's order. He stared at me like it was my fault and talked to me like i was a kid without license. I started for an argument and prepared to parked my car there to jam everything. Thanks to the auto driver's stars, The traffic constable separated us. My esteem is registered in Chennai, but i am local. I imagined what an out of town driver would have faced in this kinda situation. Auto drivers think they rule the local roads using unions and politics. There should be a law to make the rear banger to be sued for negligence in driving like in many countries like Singapore for example. Thats my 2 cents..

Mod: You can ban me sir if you so desire for my chosen words here.
Old 11th March 2009, 21:34   #110
BANNED

@comet: There are a lot of sympathisers here too for the auto guys. One auto guy should talk about his sob story and how he is struggling in his life and all the bads done by his community are forgotten. Even if the sobbing pitiful auto guy is still being dishonest and unethical and making use of the customers situation to make money out of him while still telling the heart wrenching struggle of his life for his kids, talk about hypocrasy of the nth order, LOL.

I absolutely hate the auto guys too. A scum bred by our indifference to others.

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th March 2009 at 21:37.
Old 12th March 2009, 00:11   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
My Sincere suggestion: DONT USE AUTOS
I dont and never will.
Since the incident, i have totally stayed away from using an auto, preferrign to use a Volvo or even a local bus instead. On the one or two occassions i have had to use an auto, i never payed anything over the meter fare.

Spotted this evening at 5:30PM on the Outer Ring Road in front of Marathalli two auto rickshaws blocking a lorry and fighting it out with him. It was verbal when i saw it, but i cant be sure it didnt escalate to the next level. I just despise them, scumbags.
Old 12th March 2009, 00:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

can't agree more... however i have found two great auto drivers who are honest, polite and charge fairly and I keep their numbers with me. If use an auto, only theirs.

on one occasion where i used some other auto, because the others were not available, the douche tried to take photos of my sister on his cellphone!

gave the guy proper treatment when I found out... he said he takes photos of all his passengers!
Old 12th March 2009, 10:56   #113
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there is anyone who has not had bad experience with them(Auto wallahs)

I hesitate to take ric from Majestic bus terminal, have had many bad experiences and have have heard from many too...and its not now i remember some incidents in my childhood too..

These guys will never improve and where ever you go they are the same!

Near my house there is local ricksha guys most of them dont even have the license, they ferry the passengers to the main road because the bus service is bad many rely on these guys. so they charge 15bucks from each guy just for a km... none can speak just pay and use the service or walk...
Old 12th March 2009, 18:56   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@comet: There are a lot of sympathisers here too for the auto guys...

I absolutely hate the auto guys too. A scum bred by our indifference to others.
The recession has hit these auto guys very bad for sure !

There is a auto stand near my place. Earlier in the good old days, it was very difficult to find an auto there and they used to dictate where they wanted to go !

Now, even during peak office-going hours, I could see 10 - 15 guys hanging there looking for customers.

Sometimes I feel very sad looking at them.
Old 12th March 2009, 23:24   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a similar accident last month during one of Hyderabad tbhp drives . On the highway i was doing decent speeds and suddenly an auto going the opposite direction suddenly decides to take a U-turn and it completely took me by surprise and i couldnt do anything but slowed down as much as possible and hit him while he was completing the U-turn resulting in the auto toppling sideways.

Thank god, nothing happend to the auto fella and some minor damage to auto and my front bumper and headlights went for a toss. A bunch of villagers gathered and matter was presented in front of the PS and had to warm the hands of the police folks, auto fella and a repair cost of 20k to my car

Auto guys are the most un-predictable ( second being bikers) road users who change their mind at the drop of a hat giving two hoots to folks behind or in front of them.

Whew! these days you need nerves of steel to drive on our roads
Old 13th March 2009, 10:49   #116
Senior - BHPian

This happens only in India!

You pay for the auto guys mistake, + to the cop! disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I had a similar accident last month during one of Hyderabad tbhp drives . On the highway i was doing decent speeds and suddenly an auto going the opposite direction suddenly decides to take a U-turn and it completely took me by surprise and i couldnt do anything but slowed down as much as possible and hit him while he was completing the U-turn resulting in the auto toppling sideways.

Thank god, nothing happend to the auto fella and some minor damage to auto and my front bumper and headlights went for a toss. A bunch of villagers gathered and matter was presented in front of the PS and had to warm the hands of the police folks, auto fella and a repair cost of 20k to my car

Auto guys are the most un-predictable ( second being bikers) road users who change their mind at the drop of a hat giving two hoots to folks behind or in front of them.

Whew! these days you need nerves of steel to drive on our roads
Old 13th March 2009, 11:44   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
This happens only in India!

You pay for the auto guys mistake, + to the cop! disgusting
Not a rare thing, i would say. In my case, i believe the auto gangs paid the cop, who was more than happy to harass me.

@Avi : How much did you end up paying the cop, as well as the outstanding amount from your claim?

@Bombatt : I am only too happy to see the auto fellas jobless and with nothing to do. Atleast now, the authorities will realize that Bangalore doesnt need any more new auto licences, but a more efficient public transport system.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:18   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Avi : How much did you end up paying the cop, as well as the outstanding amount from your claim?
Auto Fella : Rs.3000
Cops : Rs.500
Total Repair Cost : Rs.20,000 ( Insurance: Rs.14,000 and my share: Rs.6000)

Oh Boy! That was one expensive TBHP Drive Meet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks