Team-BHP - Delhi Police screwing up traffic on gurgaon expressway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Delhi Police screwing up traffic on gurgaon expressway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/25040-delhi-police-screwing-up-traffic-gurgaon-expressway.html)

Did anybody notice who is messing up the traffic every evening on the gurgaon expressway after mahipalpur towards gurgaon-its delhi police barricades,ive stuck in the kilometers long jam many times i only know the reason reaching the barricade after that its a empty expressway,imagine a barricade huge enough to cross one car at a time on a eight lane expressway,to make the matters worse the cars stop in between which are checked adding to the trouble:Frustrati .

I've been that way many a times over the past few weeks but never experienced any such thing. What time does this happen ?? And maybe its done to keep people from pushing their cars at that tempting stretch and then ending up the way the Indica did in the other thread!

If they do something we COMPLAIN; and if they don't then we STILL COMPLAIN! So what do you expect the cops to do. After all there is only so much they can do when the public is so foolish !!!

Cheers

PS -- I agree its a pain but then ......

As long as the Offenders drive without sense...What do you want ???

Seeing an empty expressway, people speed, So many even here on T-bhp still don't want to rid themselves of the Black Tints...How many don't wear seat belts still..!

Its good to protect you and others from Dum Dums who treat the road like their Ghar Ka Angan.

Bear with it ! Like everyone else..Talk about Jam's come down to Kalindi Kunj at 7-8-9 PM You'll see Jam, Only because the Banas Sands Folks want to collect Toll, They Hold up the traffic.

Whats new in that, Police is always known to screw up :Frustrati and yes that happens more during peak hour traffic, I used to work in Gurgaon for many years and have seen it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein (Post 465716)
As long as the Offenders drive without sense...What do you want ???

Seeing an empty expressway, people speed, So many even here on T-bhp still don't want to rid themselves of the Black Tints...How many don't wear seat belts still..!

Its good to protect you and others from Dum Dums who treat the road like their Ghar Ka Angan.

Bear with it ! Like everyone else..Talk about Jam's come down to Kalindi Kunj at 7-8-9 PM You'll see Jam, Only because the Banas Sands Folks want to collect Toll, They Hold up the traffic.

oh there's no comparison to the kalindi kunj traffic in the evenings,ive had my share of torture as ive lived in noida for long.:Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 465733)
oh there's no comparison to the kalindi kunj traffic in the evenings,ive had my share of torture as ive lived in noida for long.:Cheering:

I bear that every evening....Ask me...At times I have to take a U-turn and then take the toll bridge:Frustrati

Me neither too. I take the expressway to and fro from GGN to Delhi twice a week and on other days take th MG road. Never experienced this, but yes the bottle neck appears after you descend the Rajokri flyover, when you hit the toll booths under construction.. After you clear that it is again zipping time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 465709)
I've been that way many a times over the past few weeks but never experienced any such thing. What time does this happen ??

Cheers

PS -- I agree its a pain but then ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 465703)
imagine a barricade huge enough to cross one car at a time on a eight lane expressway,to make the matters worse the cars stop in between which are checked adding to the trouble:Frustrati .

The police might have received information of some criminal or terrorist activity, necessitating the barricade. It is inconvenient, but could be essential for our security. What I don't understand is why when a single lane can go through, the traffic still comes to a dead halt. Is it because the barricades are placed in a staggered manner, forcing lorries and buses to slow down in order to zig-zag their way through? Even then the traffic should move, albeit at a snail's pace. Probably people are in too much of a hurry and end up blocking each other and the entire road, allowing none to go through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rks (Post 466145)
The police might have received information of some criminal or terrorist activity, necessitating the barricade. It is inconvenient, but could be essential for our security. What I don't understand is why when a single lane can go through, the traffic still comes to a dead halt. Is it because the barricades are placed in a staggered manner, forcing lorries and buses to slow down in order to zig-zag their way through? Even then the traffic should move, albeit at a snail's pace. Probably people are in too much of a hurry and end up blocking each other and the entire road, allowing none to go through.

Does one really need to answer this question ???? Come on rks , Im sure with your experience on the roads you should know the answer to this your self :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 466301)
Does one really need to answer this question ???? Come on rks , Im sure with your experience on the roads you should know the answer to this your self :)

Yes, I think the problem is the abrupt transition of multiple lanes into a single lane, causing a huge bottleneck. You cannot expect our road users to enter this transition in an orderly manner. Instead what I would suggest is for the police to provide multiple blocks in advance of the check point. Say, first compress a 4-lane traffic into a 3-lane one by blocking out one lane. Give some distance for the traffic to stabilize, then block one more lane. And after some more distance, insert the staggered block to get the desired single lane traffic. The surprise element would be lost, but anyway if there is a kilometres-long jam everybody would know well in advance that a police check-point is causing the jam.

They set up barricades every night. I have myself experienced it number of times and the only solution is to take the service lane just after the petrol pump( shiv murti), bypass the barricade on the expressway.