Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 00:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

A day filled with challans hmmmm....

I had a speeding ticket 2 days after i took a oath that i will drive slow. I did not have enough cash so i had to surrender my RC. the date on which i had to appear in front of the court was 12th june. so i drove the car towards CP from bangla sahib gurudwara so that i can take a u turn, there is a cut at hunuman mandir. To my luck 12th was also a tuesday so the cut was closed i go to the end of the road and realize that i have to take a 3 KM turn to come back, but i see that some cars are taking a u turn at Revoli cenema red light and the cars also have a blue beacon light so i thought nothing can go wrong a i took this u turn and suddenly i see a fat traffic cop jumping infront of me and he says dont u know its prohibited, i pointed at the VIP cars in front of me and said they also did it, then he said they have a premit to do so. Friends there are some traffic rules which we are not aware of because they come out so quickly and vanish all of a sudden that hardly anyone can notice them. This was news to me, i argued with him for about 15 minutes and he said that its their wish whom they want to capture, ultimately i paid 600 RS and i have a recept of the challan but not the payment when asked, he said if i want he can issue me a challan for the court, but i had to pay finally so after loosing 600 rs i move towards the court to get my earlier challan taken care of and guess what the court is closed for summer vocations poor kids cannot bear the heat. So with no work accomplished and 600 RS poor by the end of the day i had to return home empty handed.
Old 13th June 2007, 01:32   #2
BHPian

man bad day! sorry

did you get your RC back why did you surrender it in the first place you still had cash on you rite (bargain!) works swell anywhere!

i had to pay 100rs to get rid of my speeding ticket. i was late for office!
after bargaining got late anyways.

horrid day!

well your DL wont get revoked dont worry much about it!
Old 13th June 2007, 01:50   #3
BHPian

why do you have to goto court? to collect your rc book? or to pay up your fine and then collect rc book?
Old 13th June 2007, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
man bad day! sorry

did you get your RC back why did you surrender it in the first place you still had cash on you rite (bargain!) works swell anywhere!

i had to pay 100rs to get rid of my speeding ticket. i was late for office!
after bargaining got late anyways.

horrid day!

well your DL wont get revoked dont worry much about it!
Thanks for the empathy man, the govt have hiked the fines here a speeding ticket is worth 900 RS now and no bargin works here in delhi. I did not have nough cash that day so i had to surrender my RC and i had to go to the court yesterday to remit the fine and get my RC back.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
why do you have to goto court? to collect your rc book? or to pay up your fine and then collect rc book?
yes i had to go to the court to pay the fine and collect the RC book however the kids at the court were enjoying summer voccations and they informed me to come again on another day.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pramod, to hear this man, frustrating isn't it! They always have the answers & its their double standards that really get on our nerves!
Old 13th June 2007, 10:10   #7
BHPian

will u carry your original RC always with your car and is it mandatory ?
Becaz i used to have only photocopies of RC and Insurence even if i do ohter state trips.

Plz let me know

Note From Moderator - Please take the time to type out your posts properly. Please re-read to check for spelling mistakes and typos before posting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th June 2007 at 10:30.
Old 13th June 2007, 10:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

same here paid 500 bucks few days ago as i was speeding

but why did you give your rc book
Old 13th June 2007, 10:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
yes i had to go to the court to pay the fine and collect the RC book however the kids at the court were enjoying summer voccations and they informed me to come again on another day.
Wonderful judiciary we have. I have all my sympathies with you pramod .
Old 13th June 2007, 10:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

My sympathies are with you Pramod. You really, really had a very bad day.. No, the cars with the beacons do not have a permit per se for violatin gthe traffic rules. Only the traffic cop didn't have the guts to book them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I had a speeding ticket 2 days after i took a oath that i will drive slow. I did not have enough cash so i had to surrender my RC. the date on which i had to appear in front of the court was 12th june. so i drove the car towards CP from bangla sahib gurudwara so that i can take a u turn, there is a cut at hunuman mandir. To my luck 12th was also a tuesday so the cut was closed i go to the end of the road and realize that i have to take a 3 KM turn to come back, but i see that some cars are taking a u turn at Revoli cenema red light and the cars also have a blue beacon light so i thought nothing can go wrong a i took this u turn and suddenly i see a fat traffic cop jumping infront of me and he says dont u know its prohibited, i pointed at the VIP cars in front of me and said they also did it, then he said they have a premit to do so. Friends there are some traffic rules which we are not aware of because they come out so quickly and vanish all of a sudden that hardly anyone can notice them. This was news to me, i argued with him for about 15 minutes and he said that its their wish whom they want to capture, ultimately i paid 600 RS and i have a recept of the challan but not the payment when asked, he said if i want he can issue me a challan for the court, but i had to pay finally so after loosing 600 rs i move towards the court to get my earlier challan taken care of and guess what the court is closed for summer vocations poor kids cannot bear the heat. So with no work accomplished and 600 RS poor by the end of the day i had to return home empty handed.

Last edited by gd1418 : 13th June 2007 at 10:58.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:12   #11
BHPian

I am sorry for you pramod, but guess should not have followed the VIP car and have taken a U-turn. You know on seeing VIP car, cops piss in thier pants and try to be a man when they come across tax paying citizen.
Old 14th June 2007, 00:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

But why do you carry your original documents with you ? It is not mandatory. always carry only a photocopy. the photocopy of your license & your RC is enough for any cop to book you if you had indeed violated any laws. Next time use your mobile to take a few snaps of the VIPs taking the U turn at the wrong place, that could save you some money & trouble.
cheers
Old 14th June 2007, 05:50   #13
BHPian

Shhesh.. Thats a suckyy day alright. Didnt think Delhi cops were that hardcore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But why do you carry your original documents with you ? It is not mandatory. always carry only a photocopy. the photocopy of your license & your RC is enough for any cop to book you if you had indeed violated any laws. Next time use your mobile to take a few snaps of the VIPs taking the U turn at the wrong place, that could save you some money & trouble.
cheers
I totally agree with you esteem lover.
If you want to go the extra mile then u can have the Photocopy's Attested.
This would make them pretty much as good as Originals.
hope this dosent happen to anyone we know ever.
Old 14th June 2007, 09:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
I totally agree with you esteem lover.
If you want to go the extra mile then u can have the Photocopy's Attested.
This would make them pretty much as good as Originals.
hope this dosent happen to anyone we know ever.
Its kind of mandatory in Delhi to carry the orignals. the fines are also high, imagine taking a u turn costs 600 bucks.
Old 14th June 2007, 09:40   #15
BHPian

I guess we can carry the duplicates if they are attested by the gazetted officer. Can some one confirm?

Delhi Traffic Police, Traffic Police India, Traffic Police, Traffic Rules, Traffic Signals , I guess you can also complain regarding the issue through the webiste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks