Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 16:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
No vehicle can be safe so long as you have a crazy driver in it.
Wise words seem to be flowing out of you this week. Well said. It is one thing to drive fast, totally a different thing to attempt some stupid maneuver at that speed.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Opps looks bad!

Have seen couple of innova's toppled too.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

I left my pad at 9:10 this morning and how come I didn't see this?? Did this happen after that or much before or on the stretch of road after crossing genpact? And if it happened much before then the cops were fast enough to remove the wreck.

The impact seems quite intense as the vehicle toppled and rolled over the pavement and landed on the Exotica lawns..
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:13   #19
NIP
Senior - BHPian

passenger shell looks intact. seems like it wasn't fatal in spite of turtling. gotta hand it to the scorpio there. seems like another case of idiotic and rash driving.
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:42   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

This is getting scary. How come people are still buying the scorpios after its so infamous. Suspension rectified or not, it looks likey paying a price to get toppled. In fact, i saw in some magazines a couple of female celebrities who own this vehicle vouch for it in mumbai traffic as they feel safe and guarded in this big vehicle, looks like it aint so true after all.
Old 22nd June 2007, 20:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In fact, i saw in some magazines a couple of female celebrities who own this vehicle vouch for it in mumbai traffic as they feel safe and guarded in this big vehicle, looks like it aint so true after all.

Go at 40 Kmph and this is like a Tank.. Go faster and it will turn Turtle before you can say SAFE.

Godfather
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:29   #22
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Go at 40 Kmph and this is like a Tank.. Go faster and it will turn Turtle before you can say SAFE.

Godfather
thats hardly true. i drive my scorpio extensively on the higlways and feel perfectly safe. depends who's at the wheel and how you drive.
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:48   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
thats hardly true. i drive my scorpio extensively on the higlways and feel perfectly safe. depends who's at the wheel and how you drive.

ya buddy even i drive my scorpio at high speeds on high ways. feel the same, that too after istalling fat rubber the road grip also increased a lot in my scorpio, i never felt unsafe at high speeds, i did 155 km/h with out any problem. it all depends upon the person who is driving, but, donno why people dont like scorpio. if u handle it nicely its a good vechicle.

even safaris can topple at high speeds

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2007 at 06:56.
Old 23rd June 2007, 06:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Godfather
Ridiculous. how many scorpios have you toppled at 40.1 kmph to make that statement?

You can love your ride and think it is the best by all means but that does not mean you make sweeping generalisations on vehicles you do not know.

P>S> the safari handles like Porsche boxster or the ferrari at high speeds and it does not topple or turn turtle even with brain dead morons at the wheel., as it defies laws of gravity and physics.
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:24   #25
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
ya buddy even i drive my scorpio at high speeds on high ways. feel the same, that too after istalling fat rubber the road grip also increased a lot in my scorpio, i never felt unsafe at high speeds, i did 155 km/h with out any problem. it all depends upon the person who is driving, but, donno why people dont like scorpio. if u handle it nicely its a good vechicle.

even safaris can topple at high speeds
Fatter rubber will increase track and make vehicle less prone to toppling. If vehicle is top heavy, grippier tyres could make it more prone to toppling. Take care.
Old 23rd June 2007, 11:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. And I was in this other thread reading comparisons between a Safari & Scorpio as to which of the 2 is better, I also added on there that it is my wish to own one of these cars one day as my family thinks SUV's are dangerous ( have heard too many bad stories about accidents in these ). I am just thinking these cars are made so tough, I suppose this is a good example of Bad driving / Drunk driving - maybe. Or is it just that these cars should not be driven after a certain speed limit crossed ??
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Ridiculous. how many scorpios have you toppled at 40.1 kmph to make that statement?
I have driven a Scorpio from Bangalore to Tirupur.. I know how it handles.. I am not making baseless statements..

Quote:
You can love your ride and think it is the best by all means but that does not mean you make sweeping generalisations on vehicles you do not know.
Again.. Read my reply above.

Quote:
it does not topple or turn turtle even with brain dead morons at the wheel.
I did not know that you drove the Safari..

Godfather
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven a Scorpio from Bangalore to Tirupur.. I know how it handles.. I am not making baseless statements..

Again.. Read my reply above.

I did not know that you drove the Safari..

Godfather
And I thought the Scorpio Vs Safari battle was on in some other thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Fatter rubber will increase track and make vehicle less prone to toppling. If vehicle is top heavy, grippier tyres could make it more prone to toppling. Take care.
how come sir....what is the reason...
Old 23rd June 2007, 18:01   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
how come sir....what is the reason...
Even i am . Please explain

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks