Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 15:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

You guys reminded me of my first experience with driving on two feet deep snow (Kufri in November 1999) and the fear of sliding back down. I will post it in another thread.
Sudipto
Old 18th June 2007, 11:40   #17
BHPian

great writeup. Where, however, are the pictures?
Old 18th June 2007, 12:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

wow nice write-up Sudipto da! if you have some picture to share with us that will be great.

i have been to Darjeeling twice - and Pankhabari is indeed notorious.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have some still pics and some video shots. The still pics are pretty large. Will have to find out how to reduce their size before uploading. On the road I concentrate more on driving and reaching the destination before sundown rather than take pictures, which is my wife's job. However, her only subject is our daughter and she is a pathetic photographer as well. So you guys will have to excuse us. I have no still picture of the Pankhabari Road, I am afraid. And honestly I don't know how to freeze frame in the video and capture it as a still. If I can work that out I can post some.
Sudipto
Old 27th March 2008, 14:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

Bumping an old thread. I recently went up this stretch of road and I think it is one way during a certain time period of the day. At night I saw quite a lot of SUVs going up the Pankhabari road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
What is the best practice to avoid? Keep 2 brick/stone pieces in the car and put it in the rear end and start off...
Abhi
This has to be done for rear wheel drive cars only. In FWD cars you have to put as much weight as possible on the front wheels so that they can regain traction.
Old 21st September 2008, 00:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Short video of the drive to Darjeeling

Friends I don't know if this will work but I am trying to upload a short video clip of this journey

I wonder if this will work

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 21st September 2008 at 01:01. Reason: Removed the codes from youtube site and added the link
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice post Sudipto da, I know a friend of mine did Blr - Mangalore - Blr, 4 times with a embedded nail in his tyre....
And ya u did the right of not playing around with the tyre in the middle of a journey, for tubeless tyres it should be at a tyre repair shop or at home as u rightly did !!

Abhi
I must have done about 3000 kms on a tubeless tyre in my Wagon R with not one but 2 nails. It also included a visit to the service station for a regular service when he could not get the puncture repaired because of time constraint. This 3000 kms included trips to Mudumalai, Bangalore from Chennai

Cheers

Srikanth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks