Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:13   #31
BHPian

hey kb,the photo looks really scary man!!glad to hear nothing major happened despit that huge crash.hope your wife is ok too and her injury was not too much!

forget it man,its over-but drive carefully-our roads and traffic conditions,especially at night are highly unpredictable!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:31   #32
BHPian

Glad you guys are safe. Despite the lorry being a monster Hyundai stood the impact well and saved you. Another example of wearing seat belts can save lives and injuries.
Old 23rd June 2007, 13:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

More Snaps

Thank you all for your wishes....

The Truck was resting on the car... The load on my tyres was such that most of the bystanders thought both my front tyres had gone flat in the impact - they hadnt.

The lorry refused to start - weak battery maybe - About 50 -60 bystanders then gingerly pushed the lorry back (because of the broken U Clamp) - after some dozen shoves we managed to get it off the car. Surprisingly my engine cranked at the very first try!.. but found the 2nd, 4th, and reverse gears were not engaging. Again the crowd helped me turn the car around and I drove the car to the police stn about 700 mts away. The cops were remarkably cooperative - a far cry from what one norrmally expects them to be- and allowed me to pretty much take all my considerable luggage out and even keep my keys!

I lugged everything in an auto the hospital and we spent the night in the hospital - just for observation -

Next day took my camera and went around taking some pics (insurance background you see!! - if you take snaps on the spot then you can do away with the requirement of a spot inspection.)

Firstly here is the Lorry!

Fully Laden with Rice headed for FCI - Majeshwar.

Amazing tyres!!

Now the Car... Right side..

Straight on

Left

Left - Side On

Close up of the damage

The Windshield cracked - SAM - notice the JBL thingy still hanging!!

BOY!... That was some crash!.,.. Yes Gunman/Viper... Most ppl who witnessed this were surprised the car took the hit as well as it did . The passenger compartment is intact. Yes cannot think of any Maruthi or City etc surviving this!

Anyway the lorry owner and me decided not to file an FIR etc. I got an intimation acknoledged by the SHO for insurance purposes and we left.

I was depressed for about a day - (I really love my car you see - but then dont we all! ).. but then the realisation that no one was hurt kind of cheered me up a bit. Anyway got the car towed to the nearest HYundai A.S.S @ Kannur. got the insurance sorted out and left for CBE by train - Got back in Sunday eve!

Was getting back to work after more than 40 days so had over 1000 mails waiting for me!..Our firewall allows NO files to be uploaded/downloaded - hence had to wait till last eve to finally teach myself how to use Photobucket!

NOw the damage... The right side member, strut assly, and the cowl have little damage - no cracks but more like a mild bend where the truck chassis plouged into. They claim the entire thing will have to be cut out and new sections welded back on. I am worried if this will mean the alignment will go for a permanent toss? .. I really need some of you engine-vengine guru's to advice me here!
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

KB - Thanks god you all came out of this fine

I also had a very similar accident 7 yrs back in a Hyundai Santro - my first one, in fact the third santro sold in Uttar Pradesh. I banged into a pajero & M800 head on, I had my entire family with me, the pajero was doing over 100 and it came head on and hit a 800 and then my car. Luckily ( purely luck and god ) we all came out w/o a single scrtach. After this incident I have only brought Hyundais, They are Actually quite reliable and tough cars. I now have a accent & santro.

But in the end it is purely dependent on God & Lady Luck. Hope yr car comes out soon from the service station.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Kb sir JBL stuff is for good Karma....look it helped me also..Sam Bhai you must promote more of the JBL goodies.....

Old 23rd June 2007, 14:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

WHOA LBM .. whats that ??!!??... "Lethal Weapon-5" ?? looks like someone put a BOMB under your chair!!
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:32   #37
BHPian

whoa that is one bad accident. glad to hear your family is safe.
id get rid of the car, dont think its would be safe after welding etc.

was the lorry coming down the wrong side of the road? or did you understeer into the other lane?

Last edited by cheap_deal : 23rd June 2007 at 14:39.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:33   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

No KB, it was just a really bog BOOM. His office was burning and LBM was appreciating the bass that boom generated.

And you guys are joking about the JBL good karma. A lot of bad crap could have happened that would have scarred you for life. Your family is well and you are well. That's all that matters. The car is just a stupid machine.
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

One scary accident - thank god, seatbelts and providence all the occupants came out of it relatively unscathed.
I'm also amazed and glad to see you recovered from what must have been a very traumatizing episode that quick - and in fact even showed loads of presence of mind in taking snaps etc. I can picture myself being totally in frozen shock and feel helpless and clueless in the immediate aftermath. Hats off...
Old 23rd June 2007, 14:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Kb sir JBL stuff is for good Karma....look it helped me also..
You have a gastric problem?
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
No me...oh no,but the wall mounting fan had which resulted in this.
Old 23rd June 2007, 15:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
No me...oh no,but the wall mounting fan had which resulted in this.
If your wall fan has such major gastric problems maybe you should not feed it so much Butter Chicken & Omlette
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Oh KB, felt really shocked to see all this!!!
Glad to know that all family members are safe...
Old 23rd June 2007, 17:56   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey KB, shocked to see the accident. Thankfully everyone is safe and object of desire( car) can be repaired, so buddy chill and you will get your OD back in original shape.
Old 23rd June 2007, 18:11   #45
BHPian

KB just saw this thread. Glad you are all well. The car has taken quite a beating, but looking at the damage the tough looking truck has taken, this is mild damage to your car, I think. Tough car, it seems.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks