Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 21:07   #46
BHPian

kb100 I am surprised at one thing, how could you think of starting the car immediately after such a bad accident. Would it not have been dangerous if some fuel as leaking or a one of the electricals got short circuited.

Gurus any suggestions or guidelines ?
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:07   #47
BHPian

kb100 hope your back on the road and everythings good with you!

make sure you keep an eye when your car gets repaired.
but if your car is in kannur wont that mean you will have to go up and down!
GOD BLESS!

@low_bass_maker - serious gastric problems
@steeroid - good one!
seriously what happened? office fire!
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:09   #48
BHPian

KB that was very scary!! Glad all of you are safe. But the car has done its duty and saved all the occupants quite gracefully. I dont own a Hyundai car but my respect for Hyundai has increased quite a bit.
Everybody reading this thread _ just be cautious and drive safely.

________
Arup
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

the accident looks pretty scary and it was good to know all of your family and you were safe

the car has taken alot of beating but make sure they repair it right if they don't you will have change the rubber quite offen
Old 24th June 2007, 01:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

That looks quite scary,Thank god everyone's safe.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear the cops handled it well. Zak reported something similar when he had an accident in his Alto. Looks like Kerala cops are the best to deal with in such situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
They claim the entire thing will have to be cut out and new sections welded back on. I am worried if this will mean the alignment will go for a permanent toss? .. I really need some of you engine-vengine guru's to advice me here!
Yes, they are right in welding new sections. The alignment will not go, but anyone who looks at your strut tower will be able to tell that your car has been crashed. One side will have the factory robotised welds, and the other will have rougher manual welds. But it will track straight and true if they know their stuff.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@low_bass_maker - serious gastric problems
@steeroid - good one!
seriously what happened? office fire!
Ya it was a small one....thanks god nothing was damaged much
Old 24th June 2007, 02:50   #53
BHPian

Thank you god, thank you Hyundai, thank you inventor of 'seat-belts'. Good to hear you're all oki!
Old 24th June 2007, 08:51   #54
BHPian

Kb, Thank God !! you and your family are safe. Take care of yourself.
Old 24th June 2007, 13:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
kb100 I am surprised at one thing, how could you think of starting the car immediately after such a bad accident. Would it not have been dangerous if some fuel as leaking or a one of the electricals got short circuited.
YOu are right... Just did not think about it. Am surprised how the cars abroad seem to catch fire so easily - We rarely hear of vehicles catching fire afgter a crash here in India - almost in decimal places Vs the total number of accidents - but totally contrary abroad - guess it has probably something to do with the flamability of fuels there.

What was funny was the minute we crashed our 4 yr old was in a tearing hurry to get us all out of the car... we dint think much of it then but she kinda lets us on after about a couple of hours that she was scared the car will go up in a fireball like she's seen them do on TV!!

As regards me taking snaps etc - in all humility - I am told I am good in crisis situations and have had to do a lot of fire-fighting in the past - both professionally and personally. Past experience has taught me to take photos on the spot - these can come in real handy later - its clearly evidence! Curiously enough none of us, including the kids, went into any kind of shock - all of us were perfectly normal witin 20 seconds of the accident and went about doing what was required to be done (my wife used to fly with a couple of airlines - guess she is trained better than I am to handle crisis's!) I also locked all doors from inside - there was a lot of valuables lying inside the car. - The cops specifically asked me to keep a sharp look out and NOT leave the car- apparantly the locals have proven to be opportunists in the past. I took the ignition keys out and very unobsrusively manually locked all the doors. (the remote locking went bust in the crash). I do remember more than one individual trying to open various doors - depending on which side of the car I happend to be! Most of these ppl were also drunk! Which was why I insisted the car be taken and parked in the Police Station and not by the roadside as they originally suggested!

@ NAvin
Prognosis is that the entire Cowl , strut and left member will have to be cut aout and new sections welded back in.

@ V1p3r
Wokay but are they going to require any special equipment/jig etc to get this right? (dint see anything special at the workshop - though saw a lot of santro's with similar damage getting done! - they apparently got 15 crashed cars within two days of the onset of rains!

Do I retain the car (I'd like to if everything can be put back to normal) .. or do I dispose it? .. What kind of hit will the resale value take due to this accident (mine is a 2003 Accent - 52k on the clock)
Old 24th June 2007, 13:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
@ V1p3r
Wokay but are they going to require any special equipment/jig etc to get this right? (dint see anything special at the workshop - though saw a lot of santro's with similar damage getting done! - they apparently got 15 crashed cars within two days of the onset of rains!

Do I retain the car (I'd like to if everything can be put back to normal) .. or do I dispose it? .. What kind of hit will the resale value take due to this accident (mine is a 2003 Accent - 52k on the clock)
Not sure if they need a jig or not. Psycho could advise.

Selling or not is a personal thing. It will be back to normal. Resale will go down only about 20 thousand bucks, since you're selling a CRDi in diesel country.
Old 24th June 2007, 14:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

bad luck kb. i really appreciate you for wearing seat belts. and yes be more careful in future. of course beyond our wildest dreams there are somethings which cannot be avoided. do recover soon!
Old 24th June 2007, 14:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Viva and Accents are among the safest cars on road..
Ask me.. My brother in law crashed my Viva twice.. and both the time the Body shell was changed.. so you can imagine the damage.
I think i can hunt for some pics..

Good to know that you guys are safe.

Godfather
Old 24th June 2007, 14:42   #59
Senior - BHPian

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe.
Take care.
Old 24th June 2007, 14:48   #60
BHPian

Thank GOD , you and your family is safe

please be careful next time and try to drive slow when the road is wet, on wet road no ABS or TCS will help.Hope you all recover soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks