Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2022, 11:11   #1
BHPian

Bangalore people tag potholes in Google Maps and write reviews

Bangalore folks started tagging potholes in google maps and also started writing reviews. It's both sad and funny, at the same time.
If BBMP has any intention to fix this part of the city, they can use this information and take action. And the trend will catch up soon.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ne...6!4d77.6742042

Bangalore people tag potholes in Google Maps and write reviews-temp.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2022 at 10:31. Reason: Attachment inserted
ramki.grandhi is offline   (95) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 10:32   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore people tag potholes in Google Maps and write reviews

Bangalore people tag potholes in Google Maps and write reviews - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 14:32   #3
BHPian

Excellent post, it has inspired me to put up similar tags for the moon surface pits in the Venice of the East: Guwahati. Thanks

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd September 2022 at 16:10. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags
eyedocgb is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedocgb View Post
Excellent post, it has inspired me to put up similar tags for the moon surface pits in the Venice of the East: Guwahati. Thanks
Sure, you should start it. Also this has become news in mainstream media, please see: https://www.indiatoday.in/technology...899-2022-09-21

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd September 2022 at 16:10. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:50   #5
BHPian

What an innovative way to draw attention to this! The contractor responsible for the particular stretch of road should also be mentioned in the reviews. The historical landmark tag had me laughing hysterically, hats off for the creativity.

On a related note, perhaps we should start doing this for Hyderabad's painfully inconsistent back and car breaking rumble strips too.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 22nd September 2022 at 16:05.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:51   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

A copy each of at least 10-15 pages of the best, witty, tagged review printouts need to be sent to the civic authorities, people's civic representatives of the respective localities/wards (they call them Councillors or Corporators) and also the state government leaders and bureaucrats who all commute through these potholed streets.

The contractors need to be sent such printouts with a rose to compliment their yeoman's services rendered, that have awakened the grey cells of quite many members of the public. Also the contractor's strong bonds of friendship with the people's representative of the respective locality rightfully calls for celebrating FRIENDSHIP DAY for the duo by the public. There could be numerous such contractor + people's representative duos.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd September 2022 at 16:01.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 16:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Google Maps tag and all the associated comments have been pulled down - I tried accessing this location on G-maps, it did not show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A copy each of at least 10-15 pages of the best, witty, tagged review printouts need to be sent to the civic authorities, people's civic representatives ....
Nice idea, but won't work. If you have thin enough skin to be affected by all this, then you cannot join the government, cannot become an elected representative, and certainly cannot get a government contract.
KiloAlpha is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:10   #8
BHPian

Yes, this is funny and all but then you realise that the joke has always been on us. Every year or so, people come up with new clever ways to represent the topic in the media. Using the pothole as a pool or dressing up as astronauts while hopping up and down over one of our roads. And for what?

Sorry for being pessimistic. Although I do admire the creativity that goes into some of these takes, I'd rather have better roads than enjoy a few seconds of self depreciating laughter at the expense of our country.

Last edited by lonetraveller89 : 22nd September 2022 at 18:12.
lonetraveller89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:49   #9
BHPian

Maybe they should name the potholes after the politicians/contractors. This will definitely get their attention.
thehighwayman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:40   #10
BANNED

Someone should start this trend for Kolkata also. Some areas in the city, like Duttabad, have such large crater like potholes that sometimes I get tossed about in my car. And the suspension of any car will give up in minutes, if one has to travel through this stretch. And those plastic bumpers, drilled into the road... they just spoil the best of roads as water seeps in through this. And also those unscientific raised normal bumpers, make driving in the city a nightmare.
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:49   #11

In Russia, an agency drew politician's faces on potholes in true Banksy style. And these are not even proper potholes compared to our standards.
Attached Images

kiranton is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:49   #12

Fastest way to fill these potholes - BBMP rents this pothole space for Ads
I am sure we will run out of potholes soon. Been mulling about this business model for a long time

On a serious note, there seems to be very little being done fix these back breakers..

Last edited by curiousmind : 23rd September 2022 at 10:53.
curiousmind is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:09   #13
BHPian

There are good Samaritans as well.

https://www.potholeraja.com/
kiki_13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:34   #14
BHPian

While people in Bangalore are surrounded with frustration and negativity, this got me to laugh at least! A creative way to re-iterate concerns of people.

Well I'm almost sure those responsible will not be even bothered, but I feel we should keep our creativity thriving to do more
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:15   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Novel idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The Google Maps tag and all the associated comments have been pulled down - I tried accessing this location on G-maps, it did not show up.
Maybe it was repaired?

Well, this one still exists (for now).

Bangalore people tag potholes in Google Maps and write reviews-152763389e8f414a97e0f86d1d00b9c0.jpeg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd September 2022 at 13:55. Reason: Corrected. Thanks
Dry Ice is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks