Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 09:37   #91
BHPian

EatMyDust, I would suggest you to not to change the doors 'if the dents/scratches could be removed neatly. Even i Banged my new Palio (only 1500 km done) but overcame the blues in couple of days. Try to build a good rapport with your dealer and his workshop guys, I am sure they will do a good job.

if the dents and scratches are beyond repair then claim insurance. Please keep posting the updates.
Old 26th July 2007, 09:37   #92
Team-BHP Support

Insurance number will always be escalated. It's almost understood that the service guy will overquote if insurance.

If you tell the guy that your not availing insurance the amount will be much lesser. But since insurance pays they make a few bucks out of it as you don't lose out.
Old 27th July 2007, 08:29   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Hi EMD,

Since your car is brand new, I don't think you had too many options but to go for Sundaram motors for this kind of repair/cost. In my Zen, I had a crack in windshield. When I went to Maruthi, they asked me the same question - "Are you going for insurance"? They had given a quotation of about 8K to replace the windshield. I later got it done through private party for about 5.5K & did not claim the insurance.

Yes, when you claim insurance, next year you don't get the no-claim bonus & hence the insurance premium will be higher. If you are claiming insurance for small amounts (less than 10K), insurance company will ultimately claim the amount from you in your subsequent premiums. But, I am not sure, if you can avoid this by going to a different insurance?
Windshield experts changed on my 800 for 2400 all inclusive (green glass).
How comes 5.5k ? I don't remember seeing cost above 4k for Mruti cars in their price list. It was a 15 mins Job, at their workshop...no wonder the car thieves do it so easily all the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks