Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 19:13   #211
BHPian

Re: Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai

A few days back an article came in Times of India that the Sinnar exit for Nasik and Pune is almost ready. Any idea if it has been opened ?
Old 23rd March 2023, 10:53   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Any idea if it has been opened ?
I passed through this spot last weekend(19th Mar). Though infrastructure(ramp, toll booths, etc.) looked ready, it hasn't yet opened. The opening was quoted as March end and it could very well move to sometime in April
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:29   #213
Senior - BHPian

Many motorists themselves who have been affected or stranded on this super expressway have some tips to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-fstqrttwaai8cid.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 08:55   #214
Senior - BHPian

Cars with worn out tires are not being allowed on the expressway!

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/nagp...w/99305826.cms

Far better idea than taking counseling sessions at the toll booth.
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 22:24   #215
BHPian

Hi all, I will be doing a Mumbai Pench run through Samruddhi in first week of May. However, the heat plus news of tyre blasts on the new expressway has got me worried. A short drive within the Mumbai city got the temperature of one of the tyres up to 50 degrees.

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-73309ffcb13f42f7bfef9b0cccb1e2c5.jpeg

While I have done wheel alignment and balancing to err on the caution side. Also, I am going to fill Nitrogen in the tyres to give myself peace of mind. Anything else anyone recommends?

Thanks.
Old 12th April 2023, 22:41   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
A short drive within the Mumbai city got the temperature of one of the tyres up to 50 degrees.
On hot summer days, 50C in tyres is common and not a cause of concern by itself provided your tyres are in good condition and inflated to the right pressure.

Quote:
While I have done wheel alignment and balancing to err on the caution side. Also, I am going to fill Nitrogen in the tyres to give myself peace of mind. Anything else anyone recommends?
Honestly, nitrogen by itself may not make much of a difference, and is not necessarily required. Even before things like nitrogen or not, the key parameters (and the real critical factors) are tyre condition, tyre speed rating and correct inflation pressure.

Before anything else, please make sure your tyres are in good condition (not worn out and do not have any bulges). What is your tyre speed rating? Make sure than is sufficient and be aware of that. And finally, make sure your tyres are inflated to the right tyre pressures (make sure to set the recommended pressure values when tyres are cold and not when tyres are hot).

If you take these precautions, then you are all set to go, nitrogen or no nitrogen. Of course, the fourth and the biggest factor is safe driving.

Have a nice and safe drive!

Last edited by Dr.AD : 12th April 2023 at 23:03.
Dr.AD is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 23:27   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
If you take these precautions, then you are all set to go, nitrogen or no nitrogen. Of course, the fourth and the biggest factor is safe driving.

To add to the good advise shared by Dr.AD, you can ensure that your driving style does not put too much stress on your tires by avoiding unnecessarily hard acceleration, braking, cornering and lane changes. Smoothness is key.

Hope you have a great trip!
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 12:57   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A short drive within the Mumbai city got the temperature of one of the tyres up to 50 degrees.
Also, I am going to fill Nitrogen in the tyres to give myself peace of mind.
What vehicle, tyre size and was it set correctly anyway? 50C is a bit high for city usage aftermath.

Quote:
On hot summer days, 50C in tyres is common and not a cause of concern by itself provided your tyres are in good condition and inflated to the right pressure.

Honestly, nitrogen by itself may not make much of a difference, and is not necessarily required.
Very true! Nitrogen is not essential. Simply make sure you measure pressure when fully cold, stick to manufacturer recommendations, inspect for bulges (both inner and outer), do not overload the vehicle, and (needless to say) drive sensibly. Nothing will happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Smoothness is key.
Well said but the bigger risk is falling asleep while on cruise control at 120.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 13:19   #219
BHPian

Quote:

Before anything else, please make sure your tyres are in good condition (not worn out and do not have any bulges). What is your tyre speed rating?

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked the speed rating on tyres is 210 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
To add to the good advise shared by Dr.AD, you can ensure that your driving style does not put too much stress on your tires by avoiding unnecessarily hard acceleration, braking, cornering and lane changes. Smoothness is key.

Hope you have a great trip!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What vehicle, tyre size and was it set correctly anyway? 50C is a bit high for city usage aftermath.

Well said but the bigger risk is falling asleep while on cruise control at 120.
Vehicle is Nissan Kicks and tyre size is 215/60 17. The tyre pressure was 35 in all tyres when I started which is one point above the recommended 34.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 00:11   #220
BHPian

Just travelled through Samruddhi Mahamarg. It is complete till Sinnar, but officially not open yet. However, you can get onto it 10 kms ahead of Sinnar. Google maps takes you to the high way before Sinnar. But, it is blocked at Shirdi. So, once I saw Shirdi interchange I crossed the median and got to the inside of toll plaza. Requested to toll plaza staff to scan my fastag by handheld scanner and then got onto the officially opened highway.
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 03:11   #221
BHPian

I too travelled on this expressway yesterday from Nagpur till the exit for Aurangabad (for Pune). Except for the entry and exit toll and a single half-minute slow-down for some road repair, I was constantly traveling at 120kmph on cruise control. Have never covered continuous distance at fixed speed for so long around 420kms in just 3.5 hours. The toll came out to be Rs. 730 but i am perfectly happy paying it for such driving experience.
AnandB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 08:58   #222
BHPian

Request to all: Please wait for the Shirdi >>> Mumbai section to be opened formally before getting on to this highway. When one drives at higher speeds, even a small brick or stone on the tarmac can be dangerous.

Also, emergency response teams may not be ready or prepared to respond to any event on these sections.

Now that we have a slice of world-class infrastructure, let us also demonstrate that we have the brain-power to use it in a safe and responsible manner.

Please drive safe.
mygodbole is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 09:18   #223
BHPian

Agreed with the above post. I got onto the highway following google map directions. But, I drove slow since I was unsure and expecting blockage. If you drive Sinnar-Shirdi, do drive carefully. Incidentally, RTO officers are checking cars at Shirdi interchange. They made sure that my tyres are fine. They asked about whether I am well rested. Also they gave me a flyer with helpline number in case I need it. It is great to see pro active officials.
ashlil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 23:07   #224
BHPian

Vehicle is Nissan Kicks and tyre size is 215/60 17. The tyre pressure was 35 in all tyres when I started which is one point above the recommended 34.[/quote]

Slightly off topic but am curious to know what sort of FE you got n your Kicks and also which version you drive. I ask as I too own Kicks 1.3 Turbo Automatic and on the Mumbai-Pune expressway the best I have ever got is 14.7

I plan on driving Mumbai - Tadoba using the Samruddhi in the 3rd week of June ‘23 and wanted to know what to expect on that drive. Will it still be blazing hot or will I get rain on the way
Old 16th April 2023, 23:10   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Request to all: Please wait for the Shirdi >>> Mumbai section to be opened formally before getting on to this highway. When one drives at higher speeds, even a small brick or stone on the tarmac can be dangerous.

Please drive safe.
What’s the news on the ground about when the Mumbai - Shirdi stretch will ultimately open up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks