Re: Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai

Good News.

25-km more of Samruddhi Mahamarg to be opened on March 4

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...shtra-9188939/
samdarshi.pali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 15:06   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

A year and just a few months have passed since this megaproject was inaugurated and a big pothole has been spotted on a bridge near Lehgaon, in Nandgaon-Khandeshwar tehsil in Amravati dist. This is on the Samrudhi "Superexpressway". Praises to the highway police who upon getting news through villagers, instantly installed plastic barricades for CAUTION.

I was wonderstruck while racking my brain regarding the quality of construction? And the Hon'ble Minister was shouting from the rooftop that this "superb quality of construction" on the Super Expressway was meant to last blemishfree for 200 years.

At the highest, permissible speed limit, a light one ton car plying (or flying) could have encountered this pothole and simply flown like an unguided missile.

Samruddhi Mahamarg: 701 km super expressway will connect Nagpur to Mumbai-nagpur-city-line_20240303.jpeg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd March 2024 at 15:29.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 15:58   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A year and just a few months have passed since this megaproject was inaugurated and a big pothole has been spotted on a bridge near Lehgaon, in Nandgaon-Khandeshwar tehsil in Amravati dist. on the Samrudhi "Superexpressway".
MSRDC calls new crater on Mumbai-Nagpur Samruddhi Expressway '*minor*'. News just pouring in says that authority which got this expressway built viz. MSRDC now says the pothole is minor.

The crater on the stretch near Amravati is deep enough to reveal the iron girders below, and is said to have been caused when the driver of a multi-axle vehicle changed tyres.

http://dhunt.in/TecWg?s=a&uu=0x4a09defdfbda8a93&ss=pd
Source : "Mid-Day" via Dailyhunt
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2024, 18:14   #334
BHPian

Any update on whether the 25 km stretch from Bharvir to Igatpuri was opened on 4th March?
Old 7th March 2024, 21:16   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
Any update on whether the 25 km stretch from Bharvir to Igatpuri was opened on 4th March?
Yes the inauguration of the stretch has happened.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 15:27   #336
BHPian

I have been waiting for an opportunity to drive on this highway but somehow not able to get a logical chance. I don't have anything to do at any of the places on this highway. So now I plan to do the non-logical thing as usual I am thinking of doing a one day return drive just to feel the highway.

I sometimes do this on a weekend and go till Igatpuri or Lonavala just to have a tea/coffee there and come back. Despite the initial leg of the highway being downright pathetic. So question for those who have been on it:

Is there a spot where we can take a U-turn? Similar to what we have on the Mumbai-Pune expressway.

Can we take a U-turn at Sinnar Interchange Toll Plaza or at Lasur Interchange Toll Plaza?

Do we have any eateries before the Lasur Toll Plaza? I may have a couple of family members on this ride and hence a bio or tea break will be needed.

The purpose will be only to have a nice drive and come back home to Mumbai on same day.
Old 24th April 2024, 00:10   #337
BHPian

Hi all, any other stretch has been opened lately on Samruddhi? I think the expressway is open till Igatpuri right now.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks