Team-BHP - Longest Drives!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Longest Drives! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/2615-longest-drives.html)

hi guys,
what is the longest drive that u ahve been on and which car.
i have done mumbai mangalorestretches in my Zen that is 997kms in 15hours including all the pee stops and pit stops.
the max speed i touched was 160kph o0n the speedo without AC.
satya

Though I would love to drive to a destination more than a 1500 km away, have not had the chance to yet. The longest has been Goa in India (Apprx. 600 km to my Hotel) and when touring the east coast from Boston (Round trip 900 miles or 1400kms in one day).

GTO

cochin (kochi) dep 7am - bangalore 3pm sunday, Ikon 1.6 lit pit stops for break fast gsa lunch gas n stuff

nagpur to trivandrum M800 3 days with sleep overs, amazing trip, trapped between a winding flooded river for 5 hours lol multiple times

umpteen trivandrum-coimbatore 400kms odd trips

best time combi ak coimbatore dep at 3pm, trivandrum 915pm, full blast pink floyd on 12 speaker sytems from boom box in the zen and co driver / passenger passed out over rum.. one of the fastest and best enjoyed drives i ever had

Well, my longest drive in one day in India is the same as GTO's - Mumbai to Goa (approx. 600km). Lovely drive!
How much time does it take? Well, a little over 8 hours when it's just my brother and myself and anything over 10 hours when my dad's in the car.

Ahmedabad-Panchgani

Ahmedabad-Mumbai - 540
Mumbai-Panchgani - 220

760 Would take about 16 hours, With bad traffic always!

Well hear it has to be the Mumbai - Goa in 9 hours in a sumo.
In South Africa it was Johanesburg to Cape Town 1400 Km in 11 hours.
I know of some guys who have done that trip in 8 and 9 hours.

bombay pune via expressway....many times....wasn't allowed to take the car to goa

chennai - coimbatore - ooty . around 600 kms. in 9 hours in my sumo.:;):

longest

St.Louis to Florida - 2100miles / 3380kms round trip
Bombay - Lucknow - 1600 kms

Bombay Pune many times via expressway as well as on the old road in my Sierra . Havent really taken the Zen outta town.

Cheers

just been to Ratnagiri on the mumbai-goa highway NH17 and back ( 360 kms oneway)

~A

Longest ride was from Nashville - New york 1450Km (2900Km round trip) on my Katana.

In India, longest was Mumbai-Bangalore - approx 1,000Km.

Hope to drive to the East someday...beautiful places there.

Rtech

the longest drive in my car has been 1200km from chennai to satara in 15hrs in my lancer touching speeds of 170km on the speedo

my longest drive was from karad (where i study) to goa on my CBZ (approx dist 350km) with friends on pulsar and caliber croma.
Was exceptional fun except for the shoulder pain as my CBZ has clip ons!

Well the most i've driven in one day is 420 kms "Hubli-Blore". Franlky i hate drives that last more than 5 hrs.

My best drive however lasted for just 136kms on the Karwar road where i clocked an average speed of 108.8 kmph.

A fast short drive is anyday better and safer than long and boring drives. I feel more confident and in control at high speeds for a short time, say around 2-3 hrs max.

The distance doesn't make a difference but the amount of time it takes to reach my destination does matter to me.

Keep it fast, safe and fresh, that's my rule.

Regards...
Shan2nu