Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
But Mugen how come the car went and hit the rear axle of such a big truck... I am not able to imagine how it happened...

Abhi
from what i have understand so far is

the car was coming from the opposite direction and the car passed the trucks cabin and not the rear (as its a 10 tire truck so its long) the driver of the truck suddenly turns and the rear first set of the wheels hit the car

or
the driver of the 10 tire truck turn to avoid the collision but the rear was long and couldn't completely come to its side of the road and it hit the trailer

i think seatbelt and some guard on the side of the truck could have saved the people in the car
Old 10th July 2007, 08:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed an unfortunate tragedy which could have been averted it all the passengers had belted up.. Especially the owner who was in the center seat who had nowhere to grip and flew forwards in the impact..In india almost in all the cars the center passenger gets only a lap belt and not a 3pt seatbelt... since the lapbelt is not retractable.. it lies loose on the seats... as a result. most people either cut it off!! or shove it in between the seats... I wish that companies would provide atleast this basic safety feature in their cars.. Also the abence of an airbag in an 8lakh+ sedan is shocking... If it were any other country.. it would have been standard in this segment.. And im seriously dismayed at the attitude of the people eho vandalized the car of its stereo etc at such a time... what to say...'Oh Darling Yeh Hai INDIA!!!'
Old 10th July 2007, 09:00   #18
BANNED

ohhh my god what he hell is that.........
Old 10th July 2007, 09:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
how come the car went and hit the rear axle of such a big truck... I am not able to imagine how it happened...

Abhi
I dont think the car actually hit the axle, must have happened due to high impact on the wheel. And to my knowledge axles are not built to take tension.
Old 10th July 2007, 09:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Did this lorry have a puncture in the front right tyre ? it seems to be leaning over that side. Either that or the car driver could have been blinded by the headlights & did not know the true size of the vehicle & misjudged his maneuver.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:18   #21
BHPian

I guess the impact started from some where near the front wheel. The rear end of diesel tank has lots of scratches from impact. Also some of the body parts of truck just above the front mud guard has come off.

Also why the inside of the NHC's door are so rusted???
Old 10th July 2007, 10:24   #22
Team-BHP Support

Very sad to see people lose their lives in accidents like this. May their souls RIP. Please take an example guys and wear your seatbelts, its for your own safety.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Sad. Very sad. And worse still, seatbelts and airbags (if Honda weren't so stingy with equipment) could have possibly saved their lives.

These photographs should be sent to Honda India. Maybe it will wake them up and they can begin to offer airbags in the City.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Too Unfortunate and sad that people lost their lives. It brought back memories of a close encounter of mine in the states where we we were almost under an 18 wheel trailer....It reiterates the fact that nothing is gauranteed in life and accidents like these scare me and no matter where people should always wear seat belts and always drive safe...may the souls rest in peace..
Old 10th July 2007, 10:54   #25
BHPian

Shame on a manufacture like Honda to offer their products without basic safety equipment like Air Bags. Of course for premium brands dual Airbags are marketing point.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Very tragic. The passenger compartment has held very well. seat belts not worn ? But why silly.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Airbags offer a smaller measure of additional safety over seatbelts. Without the latter they're of little use, and in fact some studies have questioned their safety in such situations. Sure Honda can and should provide them, but there's no substitute for using one's own head and looking out for one's safety - equipment can only help if one's interested in using it. Bypassing circuit breakers and fuses, not using helmets, seat-belts are some instances where you cannot design around the user. Some manufacturers did try thinking of making cars that would not start unless seat belts were worn, but had to give up.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

zenx, you took the word out of my mouth. In a country like India where we value our freedom more than law, we need smarter cars that wouldn't start. It would cost very less too. Recently someone I know had a accident on a bike and his helmet broke into pieces. The guy is safe. I have seen people wearing helmets like a cap without fastening the strap. God help the idiots. These people are also inducing other less smart people to follow their lead.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:13   #29
Team-BHP Support

SRS airbags does mean supplemental restraint system. the primary one is the seatbelt.

We have cars with buzzers if you dont wear the seatbelt. The civic gives a buzzer every 30secs if you dont buckle up.
Old 10th July 2007, 11:28   #30
BHPian

Let's try and analyze the accident, but I dont think anyone can apportion the blame on the Truck Driver or the Honda City Driver.

One thing is sure - we need to drive more safely.

Superavi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks