Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 22:05   #46
rks
BANNED

I am also wondering if the hypothetical collision by the overtaken vehicle on the rear left of the Honda City nudged it on to the right side of the oncoming lorry, and whether the resulting collision spun the Honda City around. The lorry driver must know what exactly happened and I hope we will hear his version from the newspapers at least. It would be interesting to know if another vehicle was involved as I am speculating and whether it just made a run for it after the accident.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

These guys were coming from opposite direction at the speed of more than 100+ and directly hitted the rear front tyre at that time rim bent and axle broken up and truck driver stop truck after few meters.

so i think if the axle was not broken no one will know how it happened and truck driver would runaway.

And the owner of the car bought it second hand before 5 days only.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:52   #48
BHPian

the NHC seems to be a very dangerous car, its got the baddest build quality, autos and trikes ripping cars into half a pole dividing a car into half, what the hell are these hondas made of. damn it my alto took a big hit and it survived and an nhc damn it.

and the HU missing is just making me angry!
whats wrong with indians

i will never ever think of buying a honda ever ever again
Old 10th July 2007, 23:06   #49
BHPian

FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS

------------IT SAVES LIVES--------------
Old 10th July 2007, 23:54   #50
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
After the impact, the Honda City probably spun around 360 degrees and ended up as shown (assuming that is where it really ended up and not just placed there).
Look at the third and fifth pictures in the first post. In the third picture you can see the skid marks near the front left wheel and also a trail of some fluid that has leaked (maybe oil). In the fifth picture, if you look hard enough near the rear left wheel again you can see what appears to be skid marks. I don't know if this is the power of suggestion, but I have managed to convince myself that the Honda City actually spun around to the location shown in the pictures.

One more possibility that occurred to me is that the axle failure in the lorry happened first and caused the lorry to move suddenly to the right as the Honda City was completing the overtake, which in turn caused the accident. But this scenario looks like a bit more unlikely to me.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look at the third and fifth pictures in the first post. In the third picture you can see the skid marks near the front left wheel and also a trail of some fluid that has leaked (maybe oil). In the fifth picture, if you look hard enough near the rear left wheel again you can see what appears to be skid marks. I don't know if this is the power of suggestion, but I have managed to convince myself that the Honda City actually spun around to the location shown in the pictures.

One more possibility that occurred to me is that the axle failure in the lorry happened first and caused the lorry to move suddenly to the right as the Honda City was completing the overtake, which in turn caused the accident. But this scenario looks like a bit more unlikely to me.

After accident Honda city was still on the road but cops move it to side of the road.

I think truck may be overtaking some vehicle with only left headlight running and these nhc drive imagine some bike or rickshaw and got happend accident.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:16   #52
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
After accident Honda city was still on the road but cops move it to side of the road.

I think truck may be overtaking some vehicle with only left headlight running and these nhc drive imagine some bike or rickshaw and got happend accident.
OK, but how do you explain the fact that the Honda City is turned around? Possibly the car was lying on the road after spinning around and the cops pushed it to the side to attend to the injured. And what about the scratch/dent on the left side of the car; how could that happen in the scenario that you outline above?

Edit: Note that the lorry is still in the middle of the road, but the cops did not move the lorry. I think if the cops moved the Honda City, they might have marked the car's original location on the road (say, with paint) in order to aid in the accident investigation. Isn't that normally done? I don't see any such markings on the road. Of course our accident investigations are not nearly as professional as they should be.

Last edited by rks : 11th July 2007 at 00:26.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:21   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK, but how do you explain the fact that the Honda City is turned around? Possibly the car was lying on the road after spinning around and the cops pushed it to the side to attend to the injured. And what about the scratch/dent on the left side of the car; how could that happen in the scenario that you outline above?
I dont have a photo of that but right side doors were smashed and was not in position to open so i am told that someone band the left side front door trim and left side rear door to get out injured persons.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:25   #54
BHPian

Adhering to speed limits guidelines and wearing seat belts and being alert while driving is the key. The people in the car may have been talking on issues which may have diverted the driver's mind also. However Truck drivers usually drive recklessly and a NHC owner will be more cautious about his driving. But these important points are every body's responsibility and especially for the near and dear ones travelling with you and believing on your driving skills.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
bad accident. i didnt think honda cars were of such bad quality that they cant have proper crumple zones and all that. can anyone comment on the crumple zones and whether they did their job in this case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
the NHC seems to be a very dangerous car, its got the baddest build quality, autos and trikes ripping cars into half a pole dividing a car into half, what the hell are these hondas made of. damn it my alto took a big hit and it survived and an nhc damn it.

and the HU missing is just making me angry!
whats wrong with indians

i will never ever think of buying a honda ever ever again
Lets not get into Brand bashing, the accident was huge and most probably this car still turned up better than what some other older cars might have.

Quote:
Was watching a few crast test video's on youtube and on high speed crashes , even offset, some amount of load is transferred to the non impact side (if the impact speed is huge enough). There are loads of ways this crash could have happened. In no case the Honda City was trying to swerve left (otherwise it wouldn't have reached the second axle of the oncoming truck). It looks like the car ploughed directly onto that axle, without even braking.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:33   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your mail dated July 10, 2007.

We deeply regret the unfortunate happening .Our sincere prayers are with the deceased's family and friends.

We have been constantly trying to offer to our esteemed customers with products and services which are contemporary and which meet their needs and aspirations. This is an ongoing process and results in launch of new products and offerings from various companies from time to time. However, right now we dont have any plans of launching airbags and ABS in Honda city .

For any further concern/query, please feel free to contact Honda One 2 One at 1800-113-121 & 011-39898918.

We value having you as our esteemed customer and solicit your kind understanding on the subject.

Regards,

Customer Relationship Management
This is the typical canned response we can expect from these guys. Neverthless, I appreciate you for sending a mail to Honda in an attempt to open their eyes wide which are tight shut.

Also, from the reply politely says that they cannot do anything about airbags or ABS on the Honda City but still care for their customers. I am dying to see what the meaning for 'care' is in the dictionary of Honda India.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
It looks like the car ploughed directly onto that axle, without even braking.

Absolutely right 1100D. That is what i think too apart from one niggling doubt as to whether the truck had a puncture in his front right tyre & that could have also caused the truck to veer to the right.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
This is the typical canned response we can expect from these guys. Neverthless, I appreciate you for sending a mail to Honda in an attempt to open their eyes wide which are tight shut.

Also, from the reply politely says that they cannot do anything about airbags or ABS on the Honda City but still care for their customers. I am dying to see what the meaning for 'care' is in the dictionary of Honda India.
well, i think it's a problem with the customers if they like to go with a bare bone honda when they can get a fully equipped (and safe) hyundai for the same price.
it's just a case of mismatched priorities.

Honda can only provide what it can charge (at a premium of course) for.
the market is still open and there are better cars around if one needs.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks like the car ploughed directly onto that axle, without even braking.
No its not directly ploughed to axle but it hitted the tyre at speed of more than 100+ that broke the axle i think.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:19   #60
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Was watching a few crast test video's on Youtube and on high speed crashes , even offset, some amount of load is transferred to the non impact side (if the impact speed is huge enough). There are loads of ways this crash could have happened. In no case the Honda City was trying to swerve left (otherwise it wouldn't have reached the second axle of the oncoming truck). It looks like the car ploughed directly onto that axle, without even braking.
From the first part of your reply the impact speed had to be very high. In the second part quoted above, you assert that the impact was direcly on to the axle of the lorry. But where is the damage to the lorry to justify such a high-speed impact? If the wheel rim took a major hit, surely the tyre would burst. In fact the tyre has not even dislodged from the rim. And even the wooden side-doors of the lorry's cargo bay are intact. The roof of the Honda City has not buckled, as it should have if the car had gone under the lorry and directly impacted the axle. I think the axle failed due to the impact, but the primary collisoin was probably to the front right side of the lorry, maybe near the right headlamp and wheel areas. I believe that the collision to the rear right side of the lorry in the wheel area was secondary.

Last edited by rks : 11th July 2007 at 01:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks