Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2007, 21:11   #16
BHPian

I had a similar incident a couple of months back but with a bike fellow instead. It had rained heavily that day and I had gone to spencer's in brookefield for buying something at about 9 in the night.

After coming out of the store, I had started reversing my car slowly, when I hear a thud and my car jerked. I get down to see a biker fallen down. The store personnel helped him to his feet and after that that guy started demanding money from me for speedily reversing my car.

I looked at the bike and saw that the headlight was broken. As for my car, the tail light was smashed (a new one which was put just a few months before) . Then I looked around and saw all around, I could find only the smashed pieces of my cars tail light, but nothing of the bike! It was only then that I realised that the bike guy had no head light itself in the first place!!! Add to this, that fellow was also drunk and claimed that my cars reverse indicators were not working.

In the discussion that ensued, the guy was demanding money and I was saying that I will give only 50 bucks as nothing except the crash guard was loosened in the accident. Since that guy was not budging, I prepared to leave, but could do so only after that guy noted down my car number and threatened me saying that he was from the same area and that he knew how to deal cases like this!!

I was so scared that I didnt use the car the next day!!! and even today, whenever I go that side, I look out for the bike (and find it parked on the road sometimes too)!!
Old 10th July 2007, 21:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

thanks guys, i know usually i also loose my kewl and start a brawl he he (ask my wifee). But today somehow i had this vague feeling that i will have a better stance once i get them inside forum mall, maybe the inner guilt that oops me the oh so careful driver did it!!.

Again thought came since there is absolutely no place to park anywhere close to where all this happened.

Above post by raj points to my ol question, can we come out with some idea to help each other better?? databank of phone contacts is ok but not easily implementable.

@arun philip: nope not the usual call me if i drive bad stickers

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th July 2007 at 21:19.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:31   #18
Team-BHP Support

lol! jaggu if you got your car in as well as the indica that means that guy would have also had to pay the 20 bucks parking in forum. hahaha.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
As an online community can we do something about this in our cities? Good thought for all the forum members.
YES! Start a Gang-bhp with local Team-bhp members. Whenever a TBHP member gets into trouble, SMS should go to all local members and a dozen cars and bikes (bigger SUV's preferred) should land at that place withing minutes carrying scores of TBHP members with baseball bats and chains. That should scare any cab wallah.

And TBhp can sell Authentic Baseball Bats with TBHP logo on them.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:43   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
YES! Start a Gang-bhp with local Team-bhp members. Whenever a TBHP member gets into trouble, SMS should go to all local members and a dozen cars and bikes (bigger SUV's preferred) should land at that place withing minutes carrying scores of TBHP members with baseball bats and chains. That should scare any cab wallah.

And TBhp can sell Authentic Baseball Bats with TBHP logo on them.

Infact, I always make it a point to carry a few numbers of TBHPians always. Some of them are a helpful lot and are huge. Serve the purpose right.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

yup that they did pay

in between they asked me if i could chip in, rather that they have to pay that also and i should take that to consideration, i said ok 100 + 20 parking

lol mayavi: old one we thought about when we were young, in another forum

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th July 2007 at 22:47.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:16   #22
BHPian

Yeah man, whenever I relocate to India permanently I plan to carry a Aluminum Baseball Bat, Pepper Spray, a Pellet gun and the whole arsenal in the back seat. Looking at the way the country is going to dogs, you never know when you might need them.

PS: Jaggu, its nice to see another Calvin fan here.
Old 11th July 2007, 00:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Yeah man, whenever I relocate to India permanently I plan to carry a Aluminum Baseball Bat, Pepper Spray, a Pellet gun and the whole arsenal in the back seat. Looking at the way the country is going to dogs, you never know when you might need them.

PS: Jaggu, its nice to see another Calvin fan here.
Or do it the American way....give them a cookie to eat
Old 11th July 2007, 00:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Job well done jaggu. You did a wise thing by moving away from the scene.

BTW, what is this thing called forum that you bangy boys keep referring to ? Is it like Spencer's plaza here ?
Old 11th July 2007, 00:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
give them a cookie to eat

Laced with what, I wonder?
Old 11th July 2007, 00:24   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Job well done jaggu. You did a wise thing by moving away from the scene.

BTW, what is this thing called forum that you bangy boys keep referring to ? Is it like Spencer's plaza here ?

If they are similar to the Spencers here, then a Forum is a mall that accomodates 500 Spencers under a single roof
Old 11th July 2007, 00:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think you are talking about the food world supermarkets which has now changed to spencer's daily. I am talking about spencer plaza, hope you make a real visit to chennai soon & not just for visa formalities.

BTW, you still haven't cleared my doubt. what is the forum ? only forum i know is Team-BHP.
Old 11th July 2007, 01:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Forum is one of the first malls in Bangalore. Houses lots of shops and a multiplex. Almost as big/bigger than Spencer Plaza.

Last edited by kuttapan : 11th July 2007 at 01:32.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:41   #29
Team-BHP Support

yup forum is the first mall in bangalore and has multiplex in it and created a very chocoblock jn at koramangala.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:42   #30
Senior - BHPian

Maybe most of you might disagree with my modus operandi. I'm a very safe driver and have rarely got into a tangle with the types mentioned. The fact that I drive a Safari.Scorpio also helps; but not always.

The few occassions I've got into this kind of fracas, I've got down with a 3' steel rod that is kept in the vehicle (to the cops, I show the hydraulic jack and tell them that it is to operate it) and settle the issue.

Now don't get ideas, never ever did I raise the rod. It is the appearance that settles most of the issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks