Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 21:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Him (angry) - "Dikhta nahi hai kya: - cant you see or what?
Me - "Dikhta hai boss, sorry" - can see boss , sorry
Him (glowering) - "Upar chadake sorry bolega kya" - so you will say sorry after you have gotten on (my car)
Me - "Upar kidhar chadaya boss, sorry bola na, galti hogaya" - where did it get on, I am saying sorry isn't it, my mistake
Him - "Pata nahi hai brake marna hai toh, door rakhne ka gaadi" - dont you know to keep braking distance
Me - "Haan aage se dhyaan rakhoonga boss" - (brake? which one is that? This one?) okay I will keep in mind!
Him - "Aisa thodi hota hai, kuch bhi karega..blah...blah..blah" - yeah, how can it just go on like this..blah blah blah
I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? " - Boss my mistake , I said sorry, what more can I do!
Old 11th July 2007, 22:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Lol! Nicely told N_C! If only more people are willing to own up to their mistakes. The gut reaction is to blame the other person... offence is most often the best defence in this country.

And I agree, women can be distracting, whether they're in your car, outside it or on the friggin billboards! Methinks those new Bipasha Pantaloons ads cause more accidents than autos these days!
Old 11th July 2007, 22:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Normally_Crazy, you are right---we all get normally crazy when spotting a PYT.
Reminds me of my return trip towards home late at night after a very heavy day at the office (software guys, watch out!!)
I stopped at a Red light at Panjagutta,Hyd and saw a Zen parked alongside me. I was watching the Zen guy discretely,when suddenly I found his car rolling back--but his wheels were not turning !!!
In utter disbelief, I looked towards my front, and then realzed that it was my car that was moving rolling forward slowly. Luckily, I was the first guy in the line, so did not bang anybody.
Ever since then, I always use the handbrake at red light stops. You never know how a hard day's work in front of a PC can ruin you !!
Old 11th July 2007, 23:09   #19
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I think it was all because of Malishka..She asked you to Bajao..And you Bajaoed the Zen..Sue her..hehehe!!
Old 11th July 2007, 23:12   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

NC,

Girls are evolution's answer - traffic jams karne ke liye aur thodi der baad clear karne ke liye bhi. Else traffic jams would be very boring

Last edited by theMAG : 11th July 2007 at 23:15.
Old 11th July 2007, 23:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
NC,

Girls are evolution's answer - traffic jams karne ke liye aur thodi der baad clear karne ke liye bhi. Else traffic jams would be very boring
Completely agree with Mag!!
Old 12th July 2007, 00:04   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Especially for bottle - a translation.

All Translations in italics.

Him (angry) - "Dikhta nahi hai kya: Cannot see or what?
Me - "Dikhta hai boss, sorry" I can see my Boss, sorry
Him (glowering) - "Upar chadake sorry bolega kya" Will you climb on me and say sorry?
Me - "Upar kidhar chadaya boss, sorry bola na, galti hogaya"Where can I climb on you boss, I said Sorry, I made a mistake
Him - "Pata nahi hai brake marna hai toh, door rakhne ka gaadi"Don't you know if you want to hit the brakes, you should keep your car far away!

Me - "Haan aage se dhyaan rakhoonga boss"Yes, I will take care of my own front, boss.

Him - "Aisa thodi hota hai, kuch bhi karega..blah...blah..blah"This is nothing, you must do many things to me, blah blah blah(censored)

I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? "Boss, it is my mistake, I said sorry, now what would you like me to do to you, next?

normally_crazy, why didn't you throw a bolt at him, for coming on to you like that?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th July 2007 at 00:05.
Old 12th July 2007, 02:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

You should make a habit of using hand brakes, though it is a bit cumbersome in stop-go traffic.
Old 12th July 2007, 03:42   #24
BHPian

So this is what you were taking about today. Being polite and smiling always helps. Next time make sure you check the cars in front before following your eyes

Cheers!!!
Old 12th July 2007, 04:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Him - "Aisa thodi hota hai, kuch bhi karega..blah...blah..blah"This is nothing, you must do many things to me, blah blah blah(censored)

I (after he had finished) - "Boss - meri galti hai, sorry bola maine, ab kya karun? "Boss, it is my mistake, I said sorry, now what would you like me to do to you, next?

Yes, women can be very distracting. I almost crashed into the car infront of me this morning because my concentration was on the hot chick in a Black Carrera S in my rear view mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Truely odd if you are an Indian and don't understand our National Language.
India has 15 national languages and not every one understands all 15, especially when written in English. although English and Hindi (one of the several national languages) are the only ones used for 'Official Communication'. Chill out, language is a sensitive issue for many and will ruin a thread.
Mayavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2007, 09:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

hee hee nice one NC . I had a similar incident once ,barely touched the car in front of mine , the guy comes and asks "chalana nahi aata kya ?"
I reply " nahi boss seekh raha hoon , sorry " He stares , wondering what to say next ,then out of words quietly moves back to his car and drove away ..heh heh
Old 12th July 2007, 10:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I had a similar incident once ,barely touched the car in front of mine , the guy comes and asks "chalana nahi aata kya ?"
I reply " nahi boss seekh raha hoon , sorry " He stares , wondering what to say next ,then out of words quietly moves back to his car and drove away ..heh heh
That was a good one!
Old 12th July 2007, 11:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you an expat? Truely odd if you are an Indian and don't understand our National Language.
You don't have to be that rude, kishore. It is not his fault that he does not know the 'National Language', no one taught him in school. Thats the way it is in TN. Most of us have not learnt Hindi (includes me). Now, is that a crime ?
Old 12th July 2007, 11:30   #29
BHPian

lol... hilarious! because it reminds me of one similar situation where i was staring at a PYT when riding my uni, when i suddenly realised the BMTC bus in front of me's no longer moving!

bang! i hit the bus in front - and all that happened with the girl watching. my fairing went limp, looking like the bike hung its head in shame. and i did not have the gall to look at her after that.

of course, there was no bus driver coming up to me with his heroics!
Old 12th July 2007, 11:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Are you an expat? Truely odd if you are an Indian and don't understand our National Language.
mayavi is right. there are 15 national languages, with hindi and english used for 'official communication'. it is good to learn as many languages as possible, and proportionately useful to learn a language spoken by many.

language is indeed a sensitive issue, and discretion should be exercised when remarking on it. i love new languages, and respect all of them.

but i for one, feel offended when someone expects and demands of me to learn theirs - because that is downright wrong.
skandyhere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed