Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 18:14   #46
BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

The Ogres of NICE Road!

I was just wondering, what if the ladies had not taken the video of what transpired? What if the ladies were armed with a Taser or Pepper Spray and dealt with the Demented Duo as they rightly deserved.
Strange that the perpetrator chose to hide his face from the cameras when being interviewed. Mark of a True Coward. Hope he is shown his place soon.

Being a lawyer he knows that he can twist this case till it is threadbare till the ladies withdraw it. I see a Massive misplaced Ego in that man.
Looks like he will now become an expert in getting 'Tareek pe Tareek' from here on.
boohooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 18:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
One minor technicality that the devil-advocate will milk to the max: That it is illegal to stop / park anywhere on NICE road. (and is mentioned countless times along the stretch).

Legally, the ladies in distress seem to be biking on thin ice.
A small point on this - Even if it is illegal to stop or park in NICE road, the enforcement shall be done only by the designated authority or to whom it is delegated to. Is this person has the authority to do? So this can easily be broken by a lawyer from riders side.

Only way the person who snatched the keys can argue is he acted in defence to his property but good luck in proving that with women riders. In that case, he should have called the police and informed. On the other hand, the riders can press charges that he has pushed them in harm's way by key snatching.

As someone pointed out, this legal case will soon die with compromise as it is waste of time for every one and everyone will forget after few days.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 8th March 2023 at 18:28.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 18:43   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
i am curious about that gate and the fruits that are behind it and since he has pin pointed the location to perfection, it is just a matter of time before that area gets investigated thoroughly..
This is the big picture of whatever the person claimed about private property:

Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road-55c5ebfe28c9449bbb636f0bc303693b.jpeg

Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road-e38c519dcf9d4cd3a8fcb609d99b0df6.jpeg

Survey number 3 in that map is dissected by NICE Road. This would have been made under land acquisition. However, the family claimed that there is an imaginary pathway between these two portions on which the bikers were standing which happens to actually be the NICE road ramp If that guy really had a legal stand he could have erected a small path there. Unfortunately they cant play around with NICE folks and the government hence venting anger against these people. They need mental counselling to stop being so possessive about that land for which they would have already been paid for and issue an unconditional apology for abusing those women in foul language for which he should have no justification for.
audioholic is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 19:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Bikers are doing breakfast rides to the spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Nothing stops the larger biker community now from not letting this issue die down. As someone mentioned in this thread, there are plans to organize rides with the sole intention of stopping at the same point. And they can start to organize it regularly. It a matter of many against one now.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 19:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Unfortunately this will only make the case worse for the women. People should refrain from doing this until the case gets a closure.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 20:19   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
He should have known that in today's social media world, this will only bring the wrong kind of attention.

Breakfast rides to annoy him/family by honking/parking/chilling out is only going to make matters worse for fellow road users as well.

Hope better sense prevails and law takes precedence!
Old 8th March 2023, 20:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This is the big picture of whatever the person claimed about private property:

Attachment 2426547

Attachment 2426548

Survey number 3 in that map is dissected by NICE Road. This would have been made under land acquisition. However, the family claimed that there is an imaginary pathway between these two portions on which the bikers were standing which happens to actually be the NICE road ramp They need mental counseling to stop being so possessive about that land for which they would have already been paid for and issue an unconditional apology for abusing those women in foul language for which he should have no justification for.
Did they build a house in the middle of the road ramp just to justify their claim of the land?

If can be understood if they didn't have any land but seeing the enormous tract of land on the other-side of the road they need more than mental counseling. I would go mad if I lived someplace like that, constant traffic day and night.
Old 8th March 2023, 21:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unfortunately this will only make the case worse for the women. People should refrain from doing this until the case gets closure.
This whole project has been a scam since Mr.Ashok Kheni entered, how many murders of locals who were fighting against Kheni and KIADB?, illegal land acquisitions, deviations from the original plan conceived in 1994 when the airport was supposed to come up near Bidadi, subsequent state governments have let Ashok Kheni escape, still, the land acquisition dues are not settled. The originally promised concrete roads have partially come up during the last few years. It is better to scrap this controversial project and let NHAI acquire this whole stretch of NICE Road. What that advocate did and what happened later raises eyebrows, how come police agreed to give that advocate protection?
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

I saw this on FB too. I somehow can't believe they were just innocently standing there and drinking water when this guy came and snatched their key. There must be more to it that doesn't meet the eye. There must have been a fight, at least some altercation when both parties said something to each other which culminated in the man making an ass of himself.
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:53   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
One minor technicality that the devil-advocate will milk to the max: That it is illegal to stop / park anywhere on NICE road. (and is mentioned countless times along the stretch).

Legally, the ladies in distress seem to be biking on thin ice.
Not really. Making an illegal pitstop is no grounds for harassment and what I would technically call highway robbery. The best thing to do in the situation was just ask them to go. Call the cops even. But physical contact wasn't warranted.
TheMightyBooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 22:37   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
. What that advocate did and what happened later raises eyebrows, how come police agreed to give that advocate protection?
Yes. I wanted to mention this in the earlier post but didn't want to make a point without knowing in depth about the way NICE got so much land that too as private property. Ideally it should have been a National Highway and toll also in line with NH rates. Instead it's a rip off especially during road work times and lack of good road surface.

Where is this police protection? I think the advocate used his knowledge to request for one, especially if he had the guts to give a false assault complaint on the women as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Did they build a house in the middle of the road ramp just to justify their claim of the land?

If can be understood if they didn't have any land but seeing the enormous tract of land on the other-side of the road they need more than mental counseling
Not sure when the house was built but it looks pretty neat and not like an old village home which was constructed well before NICE acquired land. Basically these were village areas. In a video shot by the police Manja says they have X amount of land in Survey number 3. That doesn't look to be the whole extent shown for the survey number since that's 3.4acre in total. Hence it's one landlocked portion of that area which they are claiming as theirs. What's also very fishy is that the entire survey number belongs to KIADB

They seem to be doing these things on purpose to gather attention and vent their frustration. Since I'm also doing some land related activities I'm just digging out these details for the curious cat in me.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 22:41   #57

“You can’t drink water here. Go to the toll gate and drink there. Leave from here and do not escalate the situation. This is my passage to the gate and you are blocking it” - take a walk Manjunath!

What a thread to ward off Wednesday blues - hilarious indeed, I feel for the harassment caused to the ladies though.

Does this lawyer stay watch dog all day long guarding his passage for trespassers? Father-Son duo should get the above quoted lines written over a huge glow board with their pictures on it - now that they are famous anyways and focus on better things in life! Phew.
Old 8th March 2023, 23:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Someone has even marked this place on Google and people have started putting reviews here.
Apparantly, biker groups are planning a trip and halt exactly at this place to drink water.
An eye for an eye feels so goddamn good sometimes!

- Gandhi
McLaren Rulez is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 01:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

The party at the spot has already begun (Watch from 6:37 onwards), like many of you have predicted, classic case of "Brought it upon yourself" with extra dose of stupidity.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 9th March 2023 at 01:09.
ShortShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 01:15   #60
BHPian

This is why I advise people (gents and ladies) to always carry pepper spray or a taser on trips. You have the video of him basically assaulting the ladies. A couple of blasts of pepper spray and he would have been lying there screaming, and they could have simply ridden off and sought medical help and even police assistance.

The "lawyer" would then think twice about putting hands on people just because they were women. As someone else already mentioned here, he would not have dared to take it to this level if it had been a group of male riders. No doubt this was planned to bring attention to his legal dispute, but I doubt it would end up helping his case. I hope whatever he gains from the dispute is spent trying to keep himself out of jail for this stunt.

What is truly appalling is the time the authorities took to intervene, get the key returned, and to get anything moving. They need a written complaint to even get started and have the stolen key returned? What if this had happened to someone they cared about? It's sad that to get any kind of justice nowadays, you need to go viral on media.
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks