Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 01:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

Just thinking out loud. No sane person will do this. So what if this was a ploy by the advocate to bring attention to his own legal battle?

Snatching keys and shouting at the bikers will not be considered a big offense in our country and he will get away by paying a small fine and an apology. But what he gains is an opportunity to drag NICE and the govt to court.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 05:45   #62
BHPian

I have a question, shouldn't snatching of vehicle keys be considered as robbery? Can a citizen defend himself/herself of being robbed?
Old 9th March 2023, 08:12   #63
BHPian

Looks like its not an one off incident where people have stopped in front of advocate's father's farm gate and stolen his farm produce. After repeated incidents I guess now he believes who ever stops there, are thieves and purpose of stopping is to steal his farm produce. I know its not a popular opinion on the forum and since this incident has taken the identity politics shape I might get cancelled and people call me names, that's the sad reality of the world we live today. But being a farmers son I can relate to his anxiety. I know what my parents go through for months when a simple banana stalk gets stolen from our farm, its never about the monetary loss, its about the emotional attachment and losing the fruits of years of hard work. Its exactly the same feeling if you lose your pet puppies to road side thieves repeatedly. I have made the mistake of telling my parents that I would compensate them 1000 times the monetary loss if they stop worrying about it, but I have learnt my lessons, apparently there are things which money can not buy.

If you watch the video old man is abusing (asking them to move) the bikers thinking that they are male bikers, I would say bikers are the ones who harassed the old man by stopping at a place (next to his farms gate) which is illegal to do so, there are no emergency lane or space. Think about this old man's psyche, he was living in a village minding his own business, NICE road took his land against his will, due to the road his farm produces are being stolen repeatedly, fighting a legal case for decades, now he believes that the entire system is against him.

If you watch the video, initially the advocate was neither nice nor rude when he asked the ladies to move. He says "please do not escalate", by that time ladies egos were hurt and a lady says "no I want to (escalate)". After some arguments he says its a wrong place to stop, move, lady says I will move if you stop saying that, classic case of ego clash. Once things get escalated no one can predict the outcome.

I watched the press conference of the lady, even now she does not know that its illegal to stop/park on a busy road and obstruct the traffic flow(no media person corrected her), she thinks since she has paid the toll she is entitled to do whatever she wants on the road. If a truck driver stops on the same spot to drink water, will people react the same? Advocate snatching keys and thinking he can do whatever he wants and the lady thinking she can stop anywhere she wants since she has paid the toll, both these sense of entitlements are nauseating.

I know neither the ladies nor the advocate. I will not respond to personal attacks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th March 2023 at 11:37. Reason: Fixing some typos and minor paragraphing edits to improve readability.
nandrive is offline   (97) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 09:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

Well, let’s then educate all farmers who have their farms on either side of highways to stop and harass anyone who takes a halt for any reason. And I’m sure all highway users will oblige happily.

The old man assuming them to be ‘male’ riders doesn’t mean he is allowed to rain abusive words.

The ‘advocate’ (who isn’t a farmer, since he calls himself an advocate several times) was downright rude and his body language was outright offensive.

Nothing gives that ‘advocate’ any right to do what he did.

For a moment, let’s agree that they are a frustrated family, their land was grabbed and they feel harassed etc. Does this automatically mean that they have rights to harass anyone on that road? What rights do they have to snatch away the keys and make people wait? What happens to the ‘I shall teach you a lesson’ attitude? How are people to know that the road isn’t NICE, but it’s of an arrogant advocate who has his whims on what is permitted/not permitted on that road? How could that halt there be ‘trespassing’. If so, every vehicles that has been using that ramp for decades have trespassed a private property.

For a city that sees rampant wrong side driving and everything unsafe in our city roads, I’m sure NICE will deal with the riders on their stoppage.

No amount of reasons will help justify the actions of that man! He’s in the wrong. He found himself in a hole and he continue to dig the hole falling deeper.
jkrishnakj is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 09:34   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandrive View Post
Looks like its not an one off incident where people have stopped infront of advocate's father's farm gate and stolen his farm produce.
Advocate snatching keys and thinking he can do whatever he wants and the lady thinking she can stop anywhere she wants since she has paid the toll, both these sense of entitlements are nauseating.
Perfect. A good view of the other side of the coin.

We have seen many instances in Bangalore. It starts with one person taking a break by parking under a flyover. Under a flyover is no place to park and if no-one objects to it, he will do it frequently. Then others follow and soon we have beer bottles and cigarette butts strewn all over.

In this case as well, I presume the motorcyclists were on the exit gate. And after a long drive the bladder is going to ask for a relief. For the shy, the nice road does not offer much foliage to take cover. The exit ramp has an elevated ramp on one side and an empty road on the other. Most people find it within their right to whip out and take a piss. If one starts the others follow. No one wants that around their houses. They shoo them away.

I assume, the old man did just that not realising they were women. He just asked them not to stop. Which is common sense. if you are stopping for a break, you need to be OFF the road. This became an ego clash and escalated fast.

It's become very easy to spread hate in this world. You can't debate with millions sitting behind a computer.

Civic sense be damned.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th March 2023 at 11:34. Reason: Trimming quoted text.
anilupadhya is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 10:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3t4ph0r1c View Post
I have a question, shouldn't snatching of vehicle keys be considered as robbery? Can a citizen defend himself/herself of being robbed?
The RTO officials do it themselves many a times when they stop you so as to prevent you from riding away. Talk about law!
ToThePoint is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 11:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it’s fast growing. Whatever said and done, the old man had to control his temper.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CphYL...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Old 9th March 2023, 12:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Bikers acting like a hooligan gang in the name of showing "solidarity". They know it is perfectly safe to do so. If the property belonged to a powerful politician or thug, they wouldn't dare.

I wonder what would be the reaction if the bikers were men and the lawyer was a woman?
Gansan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandrive View Post
I watched the press conference of the lady, even now she does not know that its illegal to stop/park on a busy road
Not a personal attack just a question Sir -

The ladies were on public road -
I’m also from a local farmer background, so if I feel someone may enter my house I should go outside my gate and shout at them or chase them away? Or I have taken my garage queen for a drive on a busy road, a car/bike or rick comes too close to my car should I tell him to move away and abuse them? My sentiments have got hurt because people who drive to close to my car have damaged it in the past.

Its illegal to stop ont the road, lets not even get to that -
Here people drive on the wrong side with more than 50% not wearing helmets.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th March 2023 at 22:39. Reason: Correcting several typos
Captain Slow is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 15:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Bikers acting like a hooligan gang in the name of showing "solidarity".
What I understand is that the women were trying to relieve themselves, it must have happened in the past too, any house owner would object to such act within his premises. Lack of adequate public toilet on this expensive expressway should have triggered a protest from the public rather than this kind of solidarity.
deehunk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The ladies were on public road -
Speculating here.

We may have seen just 1 'recorded' instance. That house owner has had many such instances. 'Bikers' finishing a group ride/speed run and assembling at the exit opposite to his gate occupying the road. He has to step out every time to remind them of the nuisance.

And as with us, when in a pack we forget common sense. All it requires is an ego boost/provocation from one person. He'd rather disperse them before a crowd assembles.
anilupadhya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:28   #72

Wow! I have been following this incident from the hour it happened via Instagram posts, YouTube channels, TV interviews, todays TOI BT and of course this thread. Going through the comments sways my opinion from one party to the other and in the end I feel both parties were wrong in their own way(one more than the other, we all know who is very wrong here). Stopping on highway is wrong and so is what the advocate did. I could not help but think what must be going through a Judges mind when they are presented with points from both parties (not just this case, in general). Respect to the Judges! We should just hope the very wrong is punished suitably and sanity prevails for the greater good.
A shoutout to the biking community who turned up in large at the police station which might have influenced the police to create the FIR , which they should have done sooner.
raghu4655 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 16:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.w.w. View Post
Looks like he just threw a stone at a beehive. The location is already shared in Gmap, reviews are pouring in and this place will soon become a pitstop for biker gangs. We'll get to know this weekend.
I am seeing a lot of people post this - saying bikers will fly by/stop at this location and wreck havoc. While in reality, I think all this will work against the bikers.

The advocate may choose to install multiple cameras and microphones to capture the bikers activities and present it to the court, showing how they have been a menace around his property. A lot of bikes will be pulled up for loud exhausts and what not. The best thing to do here is leave them and the courts to decide, than interfere in an ongoing FIR and police case.
HighRevving is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 17:12   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilupadhya View Post
Speculating here.

We may have seen just 1 'recorded' instance. That house owner has had many such instances. 'Bikers' finishing a group ride/speed run and assembling at the exit opposite to his gate occupying the road. He has to step out every time to remind them of the nuisance.
Not only this, many road users stop next to a farm, drink water/alcohol, eat , enjoy and then throw the plastic, garbage, bottles inside the farm. We do not have our farm right next to a road so I do not have any personal experience. I have been told by the people who have farms right next to a road that, it's very frustrating and impossible to keep the farm clean and broken glass/garbage free. Few have told me that they would never hesitate to harm physically if they catch someone throwing garbage into their farms regardless of the consequences.

Last edited by nandrive : 9th March 2023 at 17:14.
nandrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 18:24   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevving View Post
The advocate may choose to install multiple cameras and microphones to capture the bikers activities and present it to the court, showing how they have been a menace around his property. A lot of bikes will be pulled up for loud exhausts and what not.
If our authorities were that efficient, with time and inclination to follow up on complaints the are way down their priority list (presumably because more critical problems have already been solved), our country would have been miles ahead by now

Last edited by PearlJam : 9th March 2023 at 18:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks