Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 19:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

There is a video of an advocate, named Manjunath who had harassed a few women bikers on NICE road. The video is now viral. Any idea where this place is. Also, how could a property cut across a 100 feet wide road, especially, something like a NICE road?

Link to that viral video below.

https://www.cartoq.com/men-snatch-ke...ers-bangalore/
jkrishnakj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 19:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
There is a video of an advocate, named Manjunath who had harassed a few women bikers on NICE road. The video is now viral. Any idea where this place is. Also, how could a property cut across a 100 feet wide road, especially, something like a NICE road?

It was in the papers yesterday and I saw some vlogger videos as well. The advocate and his parents house along with some surrounding land which they claim is theirs, was divided by the exit ramp to Bangerghatta road. When the lady riders stopped at the exit ramp to drink water, the advocate and his father started abusing them from their property across the road stating they had stopped on their property and were blocking the gate. There was no gate except the road barricade along the curve. Supposedly the case is in the Supreme Court about the their land and it looks like a case of their frustration being taken out on people who stop at that spot. The advocate snatched one of the bike keys which is what escalated the issue.
I found it stupid for the advocate to shout at the ladies to move their bike when they had stopped on a public toll road. Also, from a safety point, the riders shouldn't have stopped on a exit ramp curve to hydrate. They could have stopped at a safer spot regardless of this incident.

Last edited by tharian : 7th March 2023 at 19:38.
tharian is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 19:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:

Utter nonsense... The NICE road is not anyone's private property and looks like this isn't the first time he has harassed the road users.

I am not surprised at the goonish behaviour exhibited by the individual and the act of plead the police enacted with him (at his property and at the police station).
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 19:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
the bike keys which is what escalated the issue.
I found it stupid for the advocate to shout at the ladies to move their bike when they had stopped on a public toll road. Also, from a safety point, the riders shouldn't have stopped on a exit ramp curve to hydrate. They could have stopped at a safer spot regardless of this incident.
What an utter idiot this Manjunath advocate is.

This article mentions he's been booked.

Anyone able to identify the location and the individual? All articles just mention his name and his profession.
ninjatalli is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What an utter idiot this Manjunath advocate is.

This article mentions he's been booked.

Anyone able to identify the location and the individual? All articles just mention his name and his profession.
Here https://maps.app.goo.gl/TiWEKY4MJCDRCYMq6?g_st=iw

When you enter NICE from B’ghatta road to ecity, you’ll find this at the left, in that curve. I’ve seen this house every time I pass this and used to wonder how they continue to live there. Now, he’s got famous.

Many people have already started trolling his place in gmaps.
jkrishnakj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It is on the Bannerghatta road exit loop (from Mysore road side).

Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road-nice_road_bg_exit_loop.png

From the satellite picture, it looks like a nice property, right in middle of the loop.

Location here. Some markings popped up after this incident
https://goo.gl/maps/jNtThoaSmJG1gPpy7
bejoy is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here https://maps.app.goo.gl/TiWEKY4MJCDRCYMq6?g_st=iw

When you enter NICE from B’ghatta road to ecity, you’ll find this at the left, in that curve. I’ve seen this house every time I pass this and used to wonder how they continue to live there. Now, he’s got famous.

Many people have already started trolling his place in gmaps.
There seems to be plans for riders to piss him off even further. The place already has many 1-star reviews and comments.

Last edited by bblost : 7th March 2023 at 22:47. Reason: Removed a quote.
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

And all the map markings and comments have been in the past 2 hours. That advocate should have not let rage hit his head. He’s now in a very deep hole. He has filed an FIR too. The police will be breaking their heads now.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 22:40   #9
BHPian

Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Came across this incident. Thought of sharing here as I was surprised that it isn't already being discussed on this forum.

It appears, the old man who is seen hurling abuses initially mistook those women bike riders as men, and so it could be their first encounter, and I wonder why he would be keeping a vigil on NICE road so far away from his abode.

The advocate(Manjunath) guy in shorts keeps talking about a gate but I couldn't find any in the video, and at one point I assumed the truck would run him over while he was backtracking after snatching away the bike keys.
Unclear on why the advocate dragged this issue on, and didn't even sort it out amicably. Even when Police reached his home, he didn't budge and refused to return the bike keys right then.
Unsure if there is any other angle to this case and hoping some BHPian would enlighten me on the same if any, as I'm stunned with the overreaction of the advocate, and I guess, his feet would be having blisters for his barefoot antics of jumping over road barriers and dividers on a scorching summer day.

It sulks me that a senior citizen women in the video(mostly the mother of advocate), would have to go through this totally avoidable ordeal, caused due to the temper tantrums of her husband-son duo.

A beautiful bike trip by women riders seems to have gotten spoiled due to the unnecessary interference of random guys who were unable to mind their own business.

Seems it's time to invest in helmet cameras akin to dashcams in cars.
Prithvi Mundur is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 00:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi Mundur View Post
Came across this incident. Thought of sharing here as I was surprised that it isn't already being discussed on this forum.
Someone has even marked this place on Google and people have started putting reviews here.
Apparantly, biker groups are planning a trip and halt exactly at this place to drink water. Gonna be a nightmare for this egoistic lawyer.

Mad advocates private road
https://maps.app.goo.gl/zPm3GaMgSaC2DFi39
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 05:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Someone has even marked this place on Google... Gonna be a nightmare for this egoistic lawyer.
Sub: Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Are we there yet?

Please, while the idiot did ride his hobby horse (of being an irritating human being), can we disdain an idiot? Not escalate?
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 05:28   #12
Team-BHP Support

re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road - Posts moved to a new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2023 at 11:25.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 08:47   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

What a childish thug! Hope he gets into legal complications and also reported to the Bar Council of India for bringing the profession into disrepute. Cops should book him for illegally crossing NICE & NICE can in turn barricade his 'access gate' permanently.

Bikers are a tight-knit community too, and are not likely to take this lying down.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2023 at 17:30. Reason: Word replaced
itwasntme is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 09:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What a childish thug! Hope he gets into legal complications and also reported to the Bar Council of India for bringing the profession into disrepute. Cops should book him for illegally crossing NICE & NICE can in turn barricade his 'access gate' permanently.

Bikers are a tight-knit community too, and are not likely to take this lying down.
I wonder if there will be an annual bike ride event marking this day ... I am afraid there might be a ride planned this weekend at the same spot with loud exhausts and what not !

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2023 at 17:34. Reason: Word replaced in quoted text
masterChief007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:20   #15
BHPian

The advocate has made a terrible mistake, and now his only choice is to apologize publicly.

He's at a big disadvantage here - because now, everyone knows where he lives, and could arrive in groups, at odd times of the day and night, to teach him a "lesson" and "prove a point". But he would never know who those people are. It's an uneven battle from now, and he cannot keep a 24 hour vigil, unless he gets police protection till things cool down.
PearlJam is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed