Team-BHP - How fast....How fast?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   How fast....How fast? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/26391-how-fast-how-fast.html)

Hi Guys,

I was returning from Hassan to Bangalore about 2 weeks back. Our driver was driving at about 80kmph.

One new Alto overtook us must be at about 120 kmph. About 5 minutes later we saw a huge crowd gathered on the right side of the road. This alto had collided head on against KSRTC bus and this alto was on the wrong side of the road.

The front row passenger cell was almost not there, but i could see just one left hand of a lady visible near the front left side of the car, drenched in blood.

Later I read in newspapers that father and two kids died on the spot. Mother and another kid was seriously injured. Looking at the accident i just prayed that all of them should have died, but it didn't seem to have happened.

My driver drove the car at 50 kmph for the next one hour after seeing the accident. If I was driving I am sure I couldn't have touched the steering wheel for next one hour.

But human memory is very short lived just like that of the preying mantis.

If GOD can be so cruel, then our definition of GOD is not accurate.

Hey sri, thats a bad thing to witness.
When I was a kid, we were on the highway approaching Pune (or rather, Hadapsar), when a dull green Matador overtook us. About half an hour after that happened, we came across a huge crowd gathered, and trying to extract bodies from the crashed and overturned Matador lying in a field. The scene I would never forget was a woman, drenched completely in blood, and severly injured face, who had made her way back to the road, trying to talk something to passerbys. I now think she was in total shock. We didnt stop completely, but slowed down and then drove on.

Oh man thats horrible, may their souls RIP, but
Quote:

Originally Posted by sri (Post 501029)

Why blame God when everything the driver did was wrong ? Wrong side of the road, speeding and maybe overtaking rashlywith small kids and family onboard. Seatbelts ? We will never know.

God has given each one of us basic common sense. If we do not use that why blame God ?

Feel sorry for the occupants of the car. Better to be safe than be sorry. No point in cursing god or whoever else.

Like some wise man said "When you have to go, you got to go"! No one can prevent it. Heartfelt condolences to the family of the deceased.

Witnessed on similar incident some time back.

Was driving back to trivandrum on the highway (around kayamkulam, for those who have been here). One palio overtook us at above hundred speeds and sped away, only to crash head on with a super fast. Unfortunately all of them died.

Blood was flowing from the car, and people were putting sand on the road to cover it. Had to drive about 100 kms to trivandrum after that. Man, it was hard!

It was one of the most publicised accidents in kerala.

Quote:

Hi Guys,

God perhaps wanted to prevent death of innocents in the hands of such reckless idiots. His wife should have got off the car with her kids and never get into it again unless the guy agrees to drive sane the moment he exceeded 100kmph. which is BTW almost twice the legal speed limit

Really, really very sad to learn about this mishap. After going through so many posts here on the kind of road accidents that are being mentioned, I've come to a conclusion that it is mostly the small cars like Alto, Santro, Zen, WagonR etc. that are more in numbers and involved in accidents.

These cars, whom I generally call as matchboxes, are virtual death traps in case of a collision, whether head-on or sideways. There should be a law that should ban all these small cars from going on the highways. Secondly, the manufacturers should be asked to make them in such a way that it does not exceed 50-60 kmph at its maximum.

The human error part is also there and so the reckless driving habits. But why give a chance primarily for all this?

Now I know there would be howls of protest about my views, but think with a calm mind, I might be speaking the fact.

gd sir,

With due respect, I think your reaction is a little over the top. How many things would get banned in modern world if risk factor is taken into picture? There is a limit for everything. Be it a car or whatever. If the driver keeps the car within its limits (80 kmph in this case) and stays within his driving limits (i.e. follow traffice rules, etc.), the probability of such an incident happening is greatly diminished.

As I like to say, "You don't have to make a mistake to get killed on the road. Someone else might just do it for you."

Moreover, there are all sorts of heavy and better vehicles (read trucks and buses), who are also prone to accidents and I am not sure whats the guaranty of their occupants' survival in case of a mishap.

PS: May their souls RIP.

Quote:

Hi Guys,

I was returning from Hassan to Bangalore about 2 weeks back. Our driver was driving at about 80kmph.

Sad!

This road tempts people to over speed, but at the same time is very dangerous.

Most of the cars today can cross 120kmph with ease, but how many can handel this speed and are responsible enough?

Know so many people who hardly take thier cars/bikes out of city and if they do get a chance they make sure that they push thier cars to its max limits. always wondered how well they could handel those hi speeds when they have hardly crossed 50kmph in city and got used to the slow speeds.

You your self said it NK and I quote - "there is a limit for everything". Now, having said that, the primary factor remains that to err is human. I was not over reacting but merely wanted to say that these small cars are not suited for highway where the speeds normally are in the 80-100 kmph range.

While it is true that trucks, buses, SUVs etc. are not accident or mortality proof but the incidents of loss of life is lesser in these vehicles. But this certainly doesn't mean that one should own one.

My statement was very specific to highway incidents only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 501692)
gd sir,

With due respect, I think your reaction is a little over the top. How many things would get banned in modern world if risk factor is taken into picture? There is a limit for everything. Be it a car or whatever. If the driver keeps the car within its limits (80 kmph in this case) and stays within his driving limits (i.e. follow traffice rules, etc.), the probability of such an incident happening is greatly diminished.

As I like to say, "You don't have to make a mistake to get killed on the road. Someone else might just do it for you."

Moreover, there are all sorts of heavy and better vehicles (read trucks and buses), who are also prone to accidents and I am not sure whats the guaranty of their occupants' survival in case of a mishap.

PS: May their souls RIP.