Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 16:10   #16

Thanks 1100D & Zeeshan_Suleman, Will check with the insurance company and will update the photo once the car is fixed.
Old 19th July 2007, 16:13   #17

Thanks 1100D & Suleman.

My doubt is if i pay the money to the garage and take the car, is there any way that the insurance company denying the claim for any reason.
Old 20th July 2007, 01:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Insurance Surveyor has to survey the car before any repair work starts (no matter whatever Garage you do up the car at). Then they assess the damage and discuss with the garage on estimates to arrive at the compensation. So whatever garage you give the car to, make sure it is surveyed before work starts (and also give the clearance after the work has ended)
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

I guess these days it pays to get your car insured by companies that have the cashless facility , lile ICICI lombard or bajaj alliance .That way you dont have to go thru the hassle of waiting to get reimbursed and it is not heavy on the pocket.

1100D - Yes thats a very valid point . Dont let the workshop start work on anything till the surveyor has checked and given an estimate of what will be covered by the insurance company. The work shop people usually try to add some things which are not a part of the accident (as I learnt from my experience) and try to inflate the bill . So its very imp to get the approval from the surveyor.

@barathan - As long as the surveyor has given the go ahead it should not be a problem to get the claim from the insurance company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks