Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 12:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Necklace Road, Hyderabad.
evening around 9 pm.
I saw leonarda-di-caprio on a rx100.
Standing on his bike, both hands in the air.

Great!!!
I find a cop, stop my bike and ask him, "pakdain kya".
Cop on my bike and I am off.
Stupid kid never realised when I had him cornered up.
Cop on the kids bike, we proceed to the police checkpost just a lil ahead.
Inform SI about what was going on.
Dirty words, Dirty looks and finally the cop asks me what I would like to do.
I say let the kid go as its enough.

SI says ok, asks the kid to leave but to show his license.
Kid aint got one.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

RC Book.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Insurance Papers
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Now, I step up and drag the kid away, give him my mobile ask him to call someone up.
Finally left after his elder brother comes in.
Was expecting the elder brother to do something.
and he did,
Kid got another slap.

About this video.
Stupid Accord driver, trying to get the bikers off the road.
Stupid Bikers, trying stunts on a regular two lane road.
IMO They deserved eachother.
Old 20th July 2007, 12:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stupid Accord driver, trying to get the bikers off the road.
Stupid Bikers, trying stunts on a regular two lane road.
IMO They deserved eachother.
Really? The Accord driver, cocooned in his car could have knocked the biker off into the path off following vehicles which would proceed to crush his skull or maybe leave him paralyzed for life. You call that a fair deal?

I see a kid on a skateboard doing tricks on the sidewalk I will be right if i snatch his board away and beat him to death with it?

The biker was doing a simple wheelie. Fine, technically illegal. But what the driver of the accord did was far far worse. There are degree's of crime and the accord drivers was far far greater.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

About 1 min into the video.
The biker attempts to overtake the accord.
The accord has started moving left and its preety clear the car is gonna cut off the path.
The biker follows his ego and wants to continue accelerating.
The car swerves back to the right, the biker is back with the car.
also it looks like (to me) the speeds were in the 50~70 range (at that point).
All that the biker had to do was relax and let the car pass.
He wanted to play and the car guy played with him.
well, If the car guy was sitting in a cocoon of safety, the biker knows that.
He (biker) also knows he is more vulnerable but that did not stop him.
I still feel they deserved eachother.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Really? The Accord driver, cocooned in his car could have knocked the biker off into the path off following vehicles which would proceed to crush his skull or maybe leave him paralyzed for life. You call that a fair deal?

I see a kid on a skateboard doing tricks on the sidewalk I will be right if i snatch his board away and beat him to death with it?

The biker was doing a simple wheelie. Fine, technically illegal. But what the driver of the accord did was far far worse. There are degree's of crime and the accord drivers was far far greater.
Well, what the biker did was way too stupid. Why did the biker lose it and go after the car in the first place? doesnt he know who is at a greater risk? Like bblost said, the biker wanted to play... and he got played! You get what you deserve, no point whining about it later.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Wow... is this thread on Team BHP??? The liberal usage of abuses makes me think otherwise!
I would leave that to the moderators decide that. I've made sure i put a note in BOLD letters that it has foul language. If foul language in a video is something you cannot tolerate contact the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
The video should be called what NOT to do, for bikers as well car drivers. Everyone in the video deserves to be spanked
I'll agree with you on this one....and i'll highlight the word "SPANK" here....so i'd say that everone in the video deserves to be SPANKED but NOT killedddd!! I guess atleast now you guys get the point.

Guys this is not just the part of the clip in the video. Its the general attitude here about motorcyclists. I dont stunt on the road i just ride within speed limits and still get sweared at by oldies or bald-headed truck drivers who hate bikers.

The so called biker problem is so hyped that people are ready to run them down. And btw the speeds are not 70-80mph but a shave below 100mph... the camera lens was zoomed in which gives a false idea of speed (if you have ever used a handycam while moving on the road you will know that)!

I agree the biker was rash but wouldnt have killed anyone . The accord guys first move or RIDING INTO the pack of bikers was uncalled for...he just pissed the guys doing a dam wheelie. SOO with his wife and kids in the car he does this spectacle(his second move) and set a great example for his kids as soon as the biker starts to pass him.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Dirty words, Dirty looks and finally the cop asks me what I would like to do.
SI says ok, asks the kid to leave but to show his license.
Kid aint got one.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

RC Book.
SLAP!!! Solid one.

Insurance Papers
SLAP!!! Solid one.
SI says ok SI "SLAPS" but does not kill that kid for doing what he did. WAKE UP DUDE SEE THE DIFFERENCE.
the accord is neither a cop + he wants the biker to run off the road and get killed.

A similar situation in your case would be YOU would have slapped the kid or beat him till he slept for good. BUT instead you did a smart thing... you took him to the police.
This accord guy has no such sense...his idea is if their a nuisance just kill em'.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

The Accord guy did the obvious. Why would the Accord guy let the biker pass?! If he did that, the biker would've tried to stop him. And if he did stop him, we all know what would happen when there is a group of high adrenaline guys against one guy.

What the Accord did at first was definitely wrong. So were the bikers - by being all over the road doing stunts. They were also blocking the road. Which is why you see the first car overtaking all of them in frustration from the right side.

I think the biker put himself in trouble by trying to act smart with the Accord and trying to overtake and provoke him.

Quote:
Everyone in the video deserves to be spanked.

Last edited by Gordon : 20th July 2007 at 19:35.
Old 20th July 2007, 19:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
The Accord guy did the obvious. Why would the Accord guy let the biker pass?!

What the Accord did at first was definitely wrong. So were the bikers - by being all over the road doing stunts. They were also blocking the road. Which is why you see the first car overtaking all of them in frustration from the right side.

I think the biker put himself in trouble by trying to act smart with the Accord and trying to overtake and provoke him.

DUDEEE the FIRST CAR DID NOT PASS COZ THEY WERE BLOCKING...MAN we were going 80mph on a 45 mph zone Anyway... that guy had a modified Mazda Rx-7 which he wanted to show - off...thats why he passed on the shoulder "see how cool i am i got a turbo charged Rx-7 with loud pipes.
I wish i could upload the whole video.
i've said this earlier in the thread as well. people with 1970's trucks also wanna race when they see these motorcycles...they get all pumped up. that high school kid in the rx-7 obviously did that.

By the way the biker did manage to pass the accord. and the lady in the accord in passenger seat had her face dug into her palms. i swear i wish the biker wud have been able to pull the accord guy over and given him a piece. if only he hadnt run out of gas. sigh! will any body support me here c'mon!
Old 20th July 2007, 22:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice what the Accord guy did? If I saw it right, the guy actually overtook the car( from which the video was being shot), and he did that by going over a solid-yello line!! He broke the rule 1st,since he did not have the right to pass (overtake). The on-coming lane had the broken yellow line, so they are allowed to over-take.

If this video is used to sue the Accord guy, the bikers will go scott-Free. At most they might get a ticket for doing stunts on a country road, but the Accord guy threatened the lives of the 5-6 people,and he could go to jain for 8-12months.

crazy guy!
Old 20th July 2007, 23:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there are nutcases everywhere..
Old 21st July 2007, 02:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
sigh! will any body support me here c'mon!
looks like a two way fight bound to get support from either sides. probably you need some spirited bikers on the forum.

but why do you need support in the first place? something happened. some adrenaline rush was there on both sides. thank your (and their) stars nothing unpleasant happened, and move on. Also remember that TBHP is more of a car forum than bikes

AND, pointing to others' mistakes does not reduce your own.

PS: we all know how americans love their personal freedom. you can be sued even for staring at others. these things are best left to the police. i guess time to stop and move on.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 21st July 2007 at 02:14.
Old 21st July 2007, 02:52   #27
BANNED

There are lots of drivers out there who hate the guts of bikers. Especially in california where lane splitting is not illegal. Short tempered people go nuts when they see bikes splitting lanes and get ahead at stop lights.

For any car driver -> Just driving within a cars length from a bike will get him a ticket for being aggressive, and driving dangerously. But then, there is nothing legal about doing a wheelie at twice the speed limit.

Keep the shiny side up and ride on...
-Prasadee

Last edited by prasadee : 21st July 2007 at 02:53.
Old 21st July 2007, 03:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Keep the shiny side up and ride on...
-Prasadee
I'll buy that and rest of it too! How you been prasadee? Long time. Slightly off topic but I read your blogs some really nice pictures and nice rides ofcourse.
Old 21st July 2007, 03:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
probably you need some spirited bikers on the forum.
I'll buy that anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Also remember that TBHP is more of a car forum than bikes
Yes statistically speaking there's more car lovers and car drivers here (if thats what you mean and hence the argument)ofcourse many of them that dont have bikes still love them but it takes a rider with such an experience :( to understand what it feels like when such things happen especially with the kind of mentality people have here.

However though, T-bhp is an automotive forum for anything that moves people (2,3,4 ....wheelers) and occasionally other things as well

Last edited by highwayblaze : 21st July 2007 at 03:24.
Old 21st July 2007, 19:05   #30
Team-BHP Support

I am a biker first.

A rider who can and has done in excess of 700 kms in a day.

So dont think, that I am a car driver and taking another car's side, for that is nonsense.

All I felt is that the biker had more to loose in the event of a crash and he was stupid if he did not realise that.
Yes the car guy might spend more time in jail, was more wrong or whatever. BUT the biker was trying to attempt suicide and he was lucky the bike ran out of petrol.

Anyways, I dont know for how long the car guy was stuck behind the bikes. Why he got so frustrated and so on...IN the absense of such data, it makes no sense for me continue.

God save us from these weekend warriors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks