Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 00:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
These are the reasons why I want to buy a cheap MM540 XDP with a huge Bull Bar in front and stick a "I Hate Autos" sticker in huge font on the front (and back).
But the auto walahs have to be able to read english. Best bet would be "Mai Auto khata hoon". (I eat auto!) written in local language.
Old 25th July 2007, 06:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
These are the reasons why I want to buy a cheap MM540 XDP with a huge Bull Bar in front and stick a "I Hate Autos" sticker in huge font on the front (and back).
, i second that.
Only thing which puts me off is they dont come with a power steering and AC.

I always think, How about a SUMO/BOLERO
Old 25th July 2007, 12:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
, i second that.
Only thing which puts me off is they dont come with a power steering and AC.

I always think, How about a SUMO/BOLERO

Yae it really works,

I remember travelling in my friends "Classic" in a crowded road. could see how people moved out of the way. it definately demands some good respect.
Old 25th July 2007, 12:43   #34
BHPian

Sticking "hate" labels can be even riskier....this will tempt auto wallas to cause damage to yr vehicle out of revenge and cause further trouble...

Initially, i used to get worked up with all auto walas ...had lot of verbal ordeals and was once about to hit one auto walla but then my wife always keeps telling me to keep away from them.....they r not of the same league etc etc.....we have to also imagine their fate,agony,frustration....Just try to step into their shoes and may be we will also be doing the same thing as they do ?
Old 25th July 2007, 13:16   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
....Just try to step into their shoes and may be we will also be doing the same thing as they do ?
You mean first we crash into someone's vehicle owing to our rash driving, and then gang up against him? Well, I dont think thats what i want to be. EVER.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You mean first we crash into someone's vehicle owing to our rash driving, and then gang up against him? Well, I dont think thats what i want to be. EVER.

he he he. can imagine you ganging up.

Drive a bolero and see what a different perspective you will have. the autos & cabbies will bow before you.
cheers
Old 25th July 2007, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
he he he. can imagine you ganging up.

Drive a bolero and see what a different perspective you will have. the autos & cabbies will bow before you.
cheers
I agree with you completly.

Very soon will have one of these, gues my stress level would go down drastically driving this beast
ImageShack - Hosting :: 24072007du4.jpg
Old 25th July 2007, 15:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
What I mean is these auto wallas are so frustrated that if we were to have their lives then may be our attitude wd be similar....they do it for a living.....drive throughout the day looking for customers...they have to save time....earn money and go home...and to add to this...they are not as educated or literate as we are....their mentality is quite diffferent than ours....so,no point messing with them and wasting our time...we r not going to change much by doing that...I have learnt by experience
Old 25th July 2007, 16:00   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
John i would rather have this as my daily ride. All three-wheeled pests get steamrolled. Dont mind giving you a ride in it too. Meanwhile, i also think some Sumo and Indicabs can also learn a lesson or two on road-bullying from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
...their mentality is quite diffferent than ours....so,no point messing with them and wasting our time...we r not going to change much by doing that...I have learnt by experience
I also happened to be not-so-privileged to learn how dumb these guys are, and how they live a cocooned life thanks to their crazy unions, which believe in the motto "We are Right always". As for me, i dont really sympathasize with them.
Old 25th July 2007, 16:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Where can i get that truck in India?

It will surely put off all the cabbies and autos.
Old 25th July 2007, 18:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

I too want one like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Where can i get that truck in India?

It will surely put off all the cabbies and autos.
Old 25th July 2007, 20:10   #42
Senior - BHPian

Whos that guy, who wanted a JCB for the banglore traffic???

@benbsb, i would not like to take that truck into the traffic especially with those sumo cabbies around, that truck has too good paint job and chrome. A scratch, would break my heart.
Old 25th July 2007, 23:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
John i would rather have this as my daily ride. All three-wheeled pests get steamrolled. Dont mind giving you a ride in it too. Meanwhile, i also think some Sumo and Indicabs can also learn a lesson or two on road-bullying from me.

Yeah, i'd love to hitch a ride with you on that truck. we could seal the fate of many an auto. I see how much that auto incident has affected you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
@benbsb, i would not like to take that truck into the traffic especially with those sumo cabbies around, that truck has too good paint job and chrome. A scratch, would break my heart.
Man, a sumo would have to jump out like a dolphin to make an impact on that truck.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man, a sumo would have to jump out like a dolphin to make an impact on that truck.
probably you are right E_L, may be i should have mentioned a cycle or a bike. And not to forget the stupid pedestrains, oh!, they wont put a scratch instead they will fall under the tyres, damn, thats the worst thing can happen.

One query from my side,

are there any vehicles in the market, with short chassis, with power steering and AC and a good set of Brakes. BTW, are the gyspsies still being produced? the maruti website, does show them though.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

I think the gypsy is available on demand, but has no PS or AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks