Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 00:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think the gypsy is available on demand, but has no PS or AC.
What about invader, AFAIK there were two models: Invader DI and Invader GLX, the GLX sounds like a more featured one. Any idea about them???, Invader is no longer shown in the Mahindra website, except those custom made vehicles whose availability is also doubtfull.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

not too sure if the invader has an AC, the bolero does (PS, PW & AC)
Old 26th July 2007, 00:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

This is what happened to my 15-day old Baleno, damn the rickshaws!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 26th July 2007 at 00:49. Reason: The link wasn't working
Old 26th July 2007, 01:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

A before and after picture of the same:

I almost went mad, I can understand how it feels!

Hope you don't brake as hard as I did that time, good luck!

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 26th July 2007 at 01:03. Reason: Wrong link
Old 26th July 2007, 01:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have a dent in the same place on my bumper too, but i did not brake hard. I had stopped & after a few seconds i heard the loud thud. the auto wallah simply said, 'sorry saar, brake failure' & that was on christmas day & i was on my way to church with my family. what can i do ? just muttered under my breath & left the scene.
Old 26th July 2007, 01:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a dent in the same place on my bumper too, but i did not brake hard. I had stopped & after a few seconds i heard the loud thud. the auto wallah simply said, 'sorry saar, brake failure' & that was on christmas day & i was on my way to church with my family. what can i do ? just muttered under my breath & left the scene.
Oh shucks! That must have been so so, so terrible! I atleast was happy that I didn't kill a stupid but innocent kid that day by braking hard!

I really hate the way these autos stick up to your rear, like they want to kiss your a$$

Being with your family, on a christmas day and on your way to the church, just can't get worse!
Old 26th July 2007, 01:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmmm!!!, is that a stupid excuse or is it a genuine case of brake failure.

in either case, can we claim insurance from his insurance company, because its his fault, do we need to file a police case or some sought of report, for such a claim.

raj.
Old 26th July 2007, 01:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

can be done, but too much of a bother on an exciting day, did not want to spoil it for the kids & wife.
Old 26th July 2007, 07:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
hmmm!!!, is that a stupid excuse or is it a genuine case of brake failure.

in either case, can we claim insurance from his insurance company, because its his fault, do we need to file a police case or some sought of report, for such a claim.

raj.
The auto walas use "brake fail" and "i did not apply the brakes in time" interchangeably . When i was slugging it out with the auto gang last week they kept on saying brakes failed. I asked him to sit in his auto and show me that the brakes have failed and do not work. On hearing this he managed a sheepish smile.
Old 26th July 2007, 09:32   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah, i'd love to hitch a ride with you on that truck. we could seal the fate of many an auto. I see how much that auto incident has affected you.
Yeah, join in for the fun ride.
I hate the very sight of autos now, not that i liked them earlier, but now its pure repulsion. Whenever possible, i give them right of way these days.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

I too hate the auto-drivers for their sheer audacity on the roads. Will suddenly shoot out a hand and take a turn, leaving people behind standing on thier brakes and then letting out expletives.

I do not give way to them. As it is they keep a distance with me. If someone tries to be over smart, I just pile on to him, corner him right to the kerb, blast the drivers ear-drums with a combination of twin bosch and two Nautilus blaring at the same time.

I know I'm doing wrong but that's the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Yeah, join in for the fun ride.
I hate the very sight of autos now, not that i liked them earlier, but now its pure repulsion. Whenever possible, i give them right of way these days.
Old 26th July 2007, 13:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I too hate the auto-drivers for their sheer audacity on the roads. Will suddenly shoot out a hand and take a turn, leaving people behind standing on thier brakes and then letting out expletives.

I do not give way to them. As it is they keep a distance with me. If someone tries to be over smart, I just pile on to him, corner him right to the kerb, blast the drivers ear-drums with a combination of twin bosch and two Nautilus blaring at the same time.

I know I'm doing wrong but that's the way it is.
Yeah!!, your signature says it all.

No Idea about the combination you have mentioned, but yeah, sure it must be a great combination just by listening about the combination.

raj.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

@kkr2k2: lol, here goes the combination. The stock hooters in my Scorpio are Bosch Horns (German). Family heirlooms that have continued from our '73 Amby to '89 M800 Dx to '93 Maruti 1000 to '99 Esteem LX to current Scorp.

I had installed a Stebel Nautilus in 2006 in the Scorp & then added another one in 2007. They are operated by a separate button and are not used on regular basis. Basically they are meant for highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Yeah!!, your signature says it all.

No Idea about the combination you have mentioned, but yeah, sure it must be a great combination just by listening about the combination.

raj.

Most Viewed