Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

That was a bad experience there. Sorry to hear about it.

How can the Innova driver just back up without seeing whats behind him? Its because of these kind of morons that the roads have become so dangerous. That goes to the palio driver too.
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:51   #17
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The dumb parking attendant tells the innova guy to go back and this dude promptly puts his car in reverse and backs up full speed. My car was good 5 feet behind him and I couldn't back up as there was a qualis right behind me. Seeing him back up I honk like crazy but to no avail he comes straight at me and then cruuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnchhhhhh. He goes straight into my front bumper and the sound was heart wrenching.
Tough experience. I was once parking in Big Bazar (Dadar, Mumbai) by reversing my Santro in line behind an Innova who had just seemingly completed his parking. The parking attendant is motioning me on to the parking spot, and as I reverse, I see the reverse lights of the Innova come on. The guy has changed his mind and starts to reverse straight in my direction, apparently aiming for the road ahead of me. I honk (cursing the feeble 7 year-old horns of my Santro) and start moving forward... and forward ... and forward. But the Innova guy keeps coming. The parking attendant whistles frantically, but no response from the Innova. By this time I am out of the parking space and moving into the road. The parking attendant runs up to the Innova and gives a thump to finally alert the guy. It was comic, to say the least.
Quote:
The road where the temple is located is a one-way so I'm on the left lane indicating to park on the left. On my right is a bus and suddenly from the left this Palio cuts blindly to the right coming out of the parking. I swerve just enough to the right to avoid hitting the bus as well as barely miss the palio.
Had a somewhat similar experience with a Maruti 800. It was parked on a narrow road to my right and as I approach with not too much margin, the guy starts reversing into my path. There is still some distance left and I honk and make eye contact with the guy; apparently he has seen me and slowed down. So I keep moving, and as I am about to pass him he suddenly reverses fast in my direction. I see this in my peripheral vision and swerve instinctively to my left. Just missed the guy; thank God for the Santro's steering response. He seems to have misjudged my speed and maybe thought I would have gone past him by the time he pulled out.

Last edited by rks : 22nd July 2007 at 09:56.
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Vid,

I know how it feels. Sorry about the what happened and yes the car came out unscathed even after 2 incidents. But do check the car in the daylight and let us know the status.
Old 22nd July 2007, 12:56   #19
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a lot guys for all your wishes. The pizza was good and had a good nights sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Well well, today was not your lucky day, or was it? Think of the brighter side. No Damage to your car inspite of two big thumps. Means your plain lucky or the Lancer is a very strong vehicle. Anyway hope the Pizza was good atleast.. Sleep well!!
Now looking back, your right gogi. Was actually lucky to get away with hardly a mark on the car. 2 big shunts and nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
You actually found TWO guys in one day who were apologetic to their faults in BANGALORE!!! Wow.
Even I was surprised at that. No fighting, abusing or calling names. Just apologies and they agreed to pay for damages. The second guy tried to run but accepeted when i confronted him and apologised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Vid, how does the Lancer look like (now, in day-light)? How bad is the damage?
Just went down and saw the car. the front headlight is a little sunk into the body by a few mm. Nothing is broken. Even inside the plastic mounts of the headlight are intact. Looks a little funny as there is a small panel gap between the bonnet and the top of the headlight.

Right side there is zero damage even the ORVM works electrically. Just some paint scraped off on the ORVM edge.
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad luck, senor. Whats the update in daylight?
Old 22nd July 2007, 17:07   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
Bad luck, senor. Whats the update in daylight?
Wake up, amigo. The update was posted even before you asked.
Old 22nd July 2007, 20:10   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm surprised your nerves didn't take more damage, however lightly the car got off.

There are those days when you just know you shouldn't go out. The secret is not to allow others to persuade you. More easily said, than done, of course.
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:57   #23
Team-BHP Support

Vid, expected a lot more damage reading the thread title. Good that nothing of that sort happened. Now, you know better than having to go to Chick-pet.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd July 2007 at 11:04.
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

quite a heartstopping moment - when someone bangs and you need to go out and check the damage - i equate it to the time when the teacher used to call the roll number ... and you walk slowly to the front to collect the answer paper!! dang! makes you want to have the world filled with "bumping cars" type.
How is the damage in some day light?
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Tough luck, Vid. Glad to know that not much damage was done.
Say, that HM Lancer is a tough car, eh! Impressive!
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

hope not much damage was done, bangalore is becoming a hell hole with all this chaotic traffic :(
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:52   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Tough luck, Vid. Glad to know that not much damage was done.
Say, that HM Lancer is a tough car, eh! Impressive!
Surprisingly it is well built. I was always under the impression it was just a typical tinny jap car.

Few shunts later I realised she is a tough gal. Got rear ended by a santro last year while waiting at the signal and had to get a new bumper, tinker bootlid and fix back exhaust whereas the santro was totalled. had to be towed back as there wasn't much left of the front.

Sadly was a cute girl who forgot to brake coming at 80kmph. Couldn't even shout at her.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Shucks vid , that was one crazy day.Cant really say it was too bad as u got to meet 2 ppl who were civilised enough to apologise and nothing much happened to your car .

Sh*t happens
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

vid glad that there aint much damage to the car.

Looks like saturday was the bad day for the Lancers. Our lancer also got bumped from behind by a lady driver in a Ford Ikon on BEL New Road.

Best part she jumps out of the car and asks us why did we stop . We are entering the main road from a pocket road near Mayuri and stopped because there was on-coming traffic.

LOL we are at mistake now since we stopped before we got into the main road.

Was in no mood for any kind of banter. Just pushed the bumper from the inside and it came back to its original shape.
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow.... 2 thumps and no damage. Thats some luck mate. Better get her to a temple for a pooja to "ward off evil eyes".

Most Viewed