Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 11:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Swift stuck in mud!

Nothing will happen to the engine \ any other parts unless it is a regular practice to rev high.

If you are stuck in mud never ever try to rev the engine if the wheels are slipping, revving will only trap you more.

A better solution would be to reduce the tyre pressure 3-4 psi and use some strips method to get more traction. Sometimes moving the vehicle in a wavy forward-backward movement to slope the ends of the pit, climbing a gradual incline is far more easier than a sharp deep pit. Also control the car w/o over revving so that the wheels get more traction. Also removing the mud from the tyres, by not using much water will also help.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 18th March 2015 at 11:16.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:25   #17
BHPian

Re: Swift stuck in mud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
Nothing will happen to the engine \ any other parts unless it is a regular practice to rev high.

If you are stuck in mud never ever try to rev the engine if the wheels are slipping, revving will only trap you more.

A better solution would be to reduce the tyre pressure 3-4 psi and use some strips method to get more traction. Sometimes moving the vehicle in a wavy forward-backward movement to slope the ends of the pit, climbing a gradual incline is far more easier than a sharp deep pit. Also control the car w/o over revving so that the wheels get more traction. Also removing the mud from the tyres, by not using much water will also help.
Dear CMS,

Thank you for your explanation. This incident had happened when my car had about 5000 kms on the odo. Now the odo stands at 5680 kms as I had driven it around town and yesterday did a one day trip to a place about 135 kms from my home. I was driving the car at 100 kmph non - stop during my 270 kms round about trip. The car showed no signs of power loss or any other issues.

May I request you to please explain a bit more on the white smoke portion I had mentioned in my original post?.

I could see some white smoke that came out from my car's exhaust when it was revved hard while trying to get the car out of mud. It had rained the previous night before this incident.

Warm Regards,

Sajeesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks