Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 14:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

nice...
have had a couple of nice experiences. was returning from college the other day - and was thinking about something- forgot to see the light turn red. as i passed a cop waved. I noticed it after i had gone. I stopped and cme back. He was like - didnt you see the light? I said sorry i noticed it only after i crossed, and if i stopped, it would have skidded. So he was "where are you coming from" I said college (it was a fact- was doing my mba) - he saw my id dangling in front and was ok - drive slowly.

Another time - I was caught for a regular bike check - and they foudn that the RC book number and the number plate one was missmatched. It was a shocker to me as well - but it was one of those subtle things that go un noticed. RC book said 7248 and number plate was 7428 - i was shocked. 7 years i had been driving the bike with the wrong number plate. And considering i had got caught almost every sat night in chennai and in bangalore (with TN bike) no one noticed. anyways. the constables there were having a good laugh as to how i drove for 7 years without knowing the difference, and i didnt know where to look. The SI came, and asked the usual- does the engine and chassis number match - and how could this have happend etc. I told him - "sir, this is completly my fault, you keep the bike, and I will bring the orignials in the morning to the station" told him that this could have happend when i changed from the black number plate to the white one, and then he nodded in agreement. anyways, to cut a long story short - he said "go - but drive carefully, we are checking everywhere, dont get caught". So i asked him which route should i take home to avoid getting caught. he suggested a route - then i thought and i suggested an alternate route- where i will be able to slip thru traffic" so he said ya- thats better. bring the papers tomorrow.
His name was Mohan - was the SI for the 1000lights traffic police station. Well, the next day when i went there, more constables had a laugh of the 7 year wrong number plate. he was polite, and we had a discussion about which si a good MBA college in chennai. After i left the station - went straight to the sticker shop and got a new sticker.
Anywas- ironically - the black numberplate also sported the wrong number.

Last edited by madan80 : 1st August 2007 at 14:15.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

@madan...the 2nd one was really funny. guess you made their day.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
laugh of the 7 year wrong number plate
@ madan80 : 7 years what bike was it, and man thats long!
also since you have done MBA would like to PM you on the same soon

cheers!
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@ madan80 : 7 years what bike was it, and man thats long!
1997 Suzuki Samurai - my first baby till i got a girlfriend. ..
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:19   #35
Team-BHP Support

Left early from office last evening, so as to beat the mad traffic which usually starts all the way from 5 PM. Left office around 4:30-4:40ish and just as i was taking the turn towards Brookfields at the EPIP junction, (my bike) was asked to pull over by a cop. Didnt wanna do any running away act, and so pulled over decently, switched off the ignition and waited.

Cop with a notepad in hand, notices the AP registered bike, and must be imagining with glee about how bakras just walk into these traps. Straight away asks me for RC, PUC and with much happiness the Karnataka road tax payment slip. I decide to take my own sweet time in doing so, and with a rather muted smile inform him i have everything in order. He doesnt trust me, and asked to see them.

Fish into my bag where i carry all these docs, and slowly produce a plastic packet with the above mentioned documents. Show him the RC copy as well as xerox of road tax paid. He takes them from me, and closely
scrutinizes them. He's not happy. Asks for PUC which i mention is within the packet he's now holding.

Decides to try his next trump card, and asks for the Insurance papers. This time round, he must have been expecting a negative reply from me, but with no emotion at all showing on my face, i mention that too, is inside that packet. He takes it out, opens it, goes through it in careful detail (just in case its expired?!) , and grudgingly lets me go. i say "Thank you", flash a smile at him, and then proceed to put back all these once again as i had kept them.

Why is this episiode in this thread? Simple... if he had taken a look at the font on my bike's licence plate, he would have had a reason to book me. Good thing he wasnt that desperate.
Old 3rd August 2007, 10:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Why is this episiode in this thread? Simple... if he had taken a look at the font on my bike's licence plate, he would have had a reason to book me. Good thing he wasnt that desperate.

Dont tell me that u also FANCY the numbers ?

Ram P
Old 3rd August 2007, 12:07   #37
Team-BHP Support

FANCY the numbers, i dont know. However the font is not exactly the conventional one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks