What sort of a number is this?

Take a look at this number plate!-img_20141201_080948.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 09:20   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Nagaland may or may not be a tax haven, but one reason for such heavy cranes getting registered is, most other states do not have a clear rule on how to register them. Another reason is, the NL rules do not require the vehicle to be present while registering - the registration can be done through agents stationed at various parts of the country. Call it making hay while the sun shines ;-)

Nagaland also allows another exemption for commercial vehicles. You can pay tax of any other state in India where the vehicle is in use, and claim refund of 90% of the annual road tax applicable there. So if you have a business where your commercial vehicles are stationed in different states for the duration of the projects, and then go to other states for the next one. NL is the best place to register them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The nosy KA RTO won't spare such juggernauts, and these crane companies do pay the tax, as otherwise their operations and profits can be easily thrown out the window by getting entangled in red tape.
As said above commercial vehicles pay annual tax for all the states the vehicles run in.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 23:42   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Saw this Innova today in Gurgaon near Fortis Hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
The reg plate does not seen to be following the current pattern. Could it be an old regn transferred to a new vehicle? I believe certain states allow that.
Not exactly a rare sight in Haryana. Yes, the state allows transfer of regn. from old vehicles.
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:12   #529
BHPian

Have a look at this plate .
Number is GJ-1-RG-2141
He has written "રાજા" it means King.
This car belongs to a proud BJP worker.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-20141202_081341.jpg  

Old 4th December 2014, 15:42   #530
BHPian

I am not sure how the Police allow such violations. Infact more than the number all other things are more prominent on this number plate. And if you are a few feet behind, the number is not legible. It also mentions on the affliation to the United Nations. Not sure if the UN is aware that their name is being misused (since affliation does not mean its part of UN, but for the lay person not sure what would be inferred)

I am hoping that as part of all the reforms happening, such aspects and the flags are banned from vehicles.

Also have a look at the tints on the glass

BTW what it says is Secretary (TN) All India Human Rights Association, Affliated to United Nations
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-img2014120400239.jpg  

Last edited by raghu.t.k : 4th December 2014 at 15:45.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 21:29   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
I am not sure how the Police allow such violations.

BTW what it says is Secretary (TN) All India Human Rights Association, Affliated to United Nations
May be police are frightened that the so called "Secretary" would file a case against them for violating his (HUMAN) RIGHTS.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 10:02   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
May be police are frightened that the so called "Secretary" would file a case against them for violating his (HUMAN) RIGHTS.
Most of the time thats the problem. Cops would have no clue what this is, and the fact that UN is mentioned, confuses them all the more. This is a similar case like the flags and red beacon problem. The problem is really bad in TN, not sure of the situation in other states

I think its high time that these objects of symbol or power are banned on the vehicles, and the real entitled ones listed, it should be handful and only on official travel.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 15:16   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Most of the time thats the problem. Cops would have no clue what this is, and the fact that UN is mentioned, confuses them all the more. This is a similar case like the flags and red beacon problem. The problem is really bad in TN, not sure of the situation in other states
Hyderabad Traffic police are very strict with illegal number plates. Even if it is a goverment vehicle a challan will be issued and the driver or the officer will have to pay the fine.
Old 10th December 2014, 13:47   #534
BHPian

I think people should be allowed to have names or something as their number plated as done in the US.
Charging them heavily would generate revenue for RTO
Nats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 19:42   #535
BHPian

A vehicle sighted on Kerala Highway!

An Advocate practicing at the Supreme Court of India or an Adviser to the Supreme Court of India
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-dsc03032.jpg  

Old 21st January 2015, 11:32   #536
Senior - BHPian

See this Audi's number plates. This was today morning at around 9.30-9.40 at the Vashi toll.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-img_1921.jpg  

Old 21st January 2015, 12:13   #537
BHPian

Laws and regulations! Bend them as you please.

Apparently everyone knows some big shot or the other and thinks he/she can get away with anything and everything. An extremely common picture these days across Maharashtra and I'm sure in other states as well.

Is there a solution to it? Yes, in various forms but most importantly it boils down to the individual! Some prefer not to misuse their status/wealth whereas some behave as if they own the place! Sad.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:24   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night I saw a Safari bearing registration no. 8055 written as 'BOSS'. On one side we are shelling money for changing our non-standard number plates to the HSRP plates, and on the other hand, a mockery is being made.

PS: Can I get HSRP number plates for my car with JH registration from any other state/ place? Looks like vendors at Ranchi do not make these number plates anymore.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:33   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
An Advocate practicing at the Supreme Court of India or an Adviser to the Supreme Court of India
I'm not sure if this behaviour is specific to KL, but I have seen vehicles marked "Village Panchayat Member" and "<political party's youth outfit> District Committee Member" and "Principal - <random private engg. college>" etc. on Kerala's roads. And such a plate seems to be a license to break rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
See this Audi's number plates. This was today morning at around 9.30-9.40 at the Vashi toll.
Report it via Mumbai Police's FB page. This sort of thing should see swift action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Last night I saw a Safari bearing registration no. 8055 written as 'BOSS'.

PS: Can I get HSRP number plates for my car with JH registration from any other state/ place? Looks like vendors at Ranchi do not make these number plates anymore.
I used to collect these "BOSS" plates - in fact if you search this thread, you'll find several of my spottings. As for (HSRP? What's that - in my line of work that is Hot Standby Router Protocol) HSNP, I sometime ago asked the TN-07 RTO about converting my car to those, but the guy was totally clueless. Anyway those can be obtained only at the issuing RTO, as per the rules.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:34   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
HSRP for your Civic, eh?

Here's an initiative by BHPian devilwearsprada- You can book 'em online. I might be a customer soon.

Visit this page: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...k-gurgaon.html

Most Viewed