Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2015, 17:08   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
hey that's Siddharth from eden isn't it ?
are you also a aquarium hobbyist ?
sorry mate, no clue. i just spotted that number plate and put it up here
Old 24th June 2015, 18:02   #602
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Santro yesterday on the ORR in Bangalore, Iblur stretch. The number, to me at least, is highly suspicious.

I managed to get along side this car due to differential speeds of lanes (it was rush hour stop-go traffic), and found that the number plate seemed to be painted over, with potentially another number below it.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-numberplate_174027.jpg  

Old 24th June 2015, 18:43   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Saw this Santro yesterday on the ORR in Bangalore, Iblur stretch. The number, to me at least, is highly suspicious.
I'd seen something on similar lines a while ago. KA05 is still in KA-05-B range (AFAIK), it has to go over to C, then D, then AA all the way till AZ, followed by BA to BZ and finally to CA and to CF, each series requiring registration of 9999 commercial vehicles. It can take a very long time, unless this person somehow managed to "buy" a lucky number way out of the sequence.
Old 24th June 2015, 20:43   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

I managed to get along side this car due to differential speeds of lanes (it was rush hour stop-go traffic), and found that the number plate seemed to be painted over, with potentially another number below it.
That for sure does not look like a genuine series in Bangalore RTO, at least at present.

Even if the car was re-registered, it would get a series from the present running one. I don't think number auctioning will go to a series too far ahead.

This does not seem anywhere close to any of the series. Private vehicles series is still in MW for Indiranagar and should be in MX for RTO's that are registering more.

I am trying to figure out which other state has CF as their series. Maybe this chap just changed the state on the number plate.
Old 24th June 2015, 21:14   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I'd seen something on similar lines a while ago....
It is possible for a car with non-transport series to get yellow plates and vice versa. I have seen quite a few of these - but they are all from current or, in the case of new vehicles with fancy number, from the next series. Never seen one so far out. AFAIK, the RTO does not allocate fancy numbers or "special" numbers so far in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That for sure does not look like a genuine series in Bangalore RTO, at least at present.

Even if the car was re-registered, it would get a series from the present running one. I don't think number auctioning will go to a series too far ahead.

This does not seem anywhere close to any of the series. Private vehicles series is still in MW for Indiranagar and should be in MX for RTO's that are registering more.

I am trying to figure out which other state has CF as their series. Maybe this chap just changed the state on the number plate.
Given that the plate looked like it had been painted over, my thoughts ran along similar lines. I checked out MP and CG, but drew a blank.
Old 30th June 2015, 11:36   #606
BHPian

All Cars in hyderabad atleast get challan for improper number plate . My car # is AP ## AP 0180 and embossed as 180 , i was issued Challan for Improper Number plate ( having only 3 digits) and had to later prefix Zero . Once even got pulled by cops for small transparent T-bhp sticker on bike number plate .
Old 30th June 2015, 19:21   #607
BHPian

No words for this. The car was old enough to have a registration number associated with it. Out of curiosity I went in front to check and it did have a number plate.
Hanging a 'registered' board is very misleading.
Take a look at this number plate!-1435671515750.jpg
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 19:28   #608
BHPian

I saw this Santro with the pre-2003 plate colour scheme. I wonder how he managed to keep it for 13 years without police trouble.

Take a look at this number plate!-20072015.jpg
Old 20th July 2015, 22:58   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
All Cars in hyderabad atleast get challan for improper number plate . My car # is AP ## AP 0180 and embossed as 180 , i was issued Challan for Improper Number plate ( having only 3 digits) and had to later prefix Zero . Once even got pulled by cops for small transparent T-bhp sticker on bike number plate .
I was in Hyderabad recently for some official meeting and was put up at Leonia Holistic Destination. Was surprised to see their entire fleet of Innovas sporting a "Govt Vehicle" sticker, both front and rear, as in the pic below. I even saw a brand new Innova without registration, but sporting the govt vehicle sticker.
Can someone throw some light on how and why a 5 star property is upto this and how do they manage to continue this practice?
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-1437413250902.jpg  

Old 20th July 2015, 23:14   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this rather weird registration on an XUV 5OO yesterday on the Mumbai Pune old highway yesterday.
Take a look at this number plate!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1437414250.447892.jpg
Old 20th July 2015, 23:22   #611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Saw this rather weird registration on an XUV 5OO yesterday on the Mumbai Pune old highway yesterday.
Looks to be on Temporary registration IMO.

Look at the below posts:

EDIT:

The posts seem to be giving different reasons and I'll go with SirAlec's post as his reasoning seems a bit near to what you have posted. Car is from Gujrat but being driven in Maharastra so may the owner wanted it out before the number arrived hence this GJW plate!

I may be wrong too!

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th July 2015 at 23:27. Reason: Adding a point.
Old 21st July 2015, 08:48   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
I was in Hyderabad recently for some official meeting and was put up at Leonia Holistic Destination. Was surprised to see their entire fleet of Innovas sporting a "Govt Vehicle" sticker, both front and rear, as in the pic below. I even saw a brand new Innova without registration, but sporting the govt vehicle sticker.
Can someone throw some light on how and why a 5 star property is upto this and how do they manage to continue this practice?

That is a Taxi registration on White plates used by politicians in the state, hence the red sticker. I have seen ministers and their security use these vehicles in the undivided Andhra Pradesh, before the bifurcation took place. I am surprised to see that these vehicles are still in use.
Old 21st July 2015, 09:17   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
That is a Taxi registration on White plates used by politicians in the state, hence the red sticker. I have seen ministers and their security use these vehicles in the undivided Andhra Pradesh, before the bifurcation took place. I am surprised to see that these vehicles are still in use.
But these Innovas were not being used by any ministers or MLAs, rather these were the resort fleet vehicles used to ferry guests. And I saw both yellow and white plates with the govt vehicle stickers.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:04   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Attachment 1393874
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Looks to be on Temporary registration IMO.
GJW is very much a Gujarat State temporary registration.

I regularly see GJW registered cars in Bombay.

Going by the badge/monogramme positioning at the rear, the car in question is the new facelifted XUV 5OO.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 21st July 2015 at 20:10.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:07   #615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
GJW is very much a Gujarat State temporary registration.

I regularly see GJW registered cars in Bombay.
Yes Sir, If you read the last para in my post, I did mention that the car is from Gujarat!

So it means that this form of registration issued is for Temporary purpose so that one can take it out of state IF required.

Quote:
Car is from Gujrat but being driven in Maharastra !

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st July 2015 at 20:13.

Most Viewed