Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:02   #616
BHPian

Spotted this 'wildlife inspired' number plate in Bangalore.
From no angle it looked white/black/yellow.

Take a look at this number plate!-1437629264438.jpg
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:47   #617
BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!!

I reside next to an army cantonment enroute to office i come across lot of vehicles belonging to army personnel. Is it mandatory to affix the army logo in brass against red background in the number plate , often only the logo is visible and numbers totally illegible . I also come across vehicles with stickers like gunner / sub mariner / commando in very big letters across number plate without reg. # . I have not taken any pics for fear of being mobbed / assaulted .
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:12   #618
Senior - BHPian

Have been seeing this car running with TC plates for quiet some time - is this legal?

Take a look at this number plate!-img_20150723_093511124.jpg

Thanks
Anoop
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:50   #619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have been seeing this car running with TC plates for quiet some time - is this legal?
Dealers do use TC numbers all the time , not sure on legal prospects though , have a look at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alerships.html
Old 24th July 2015, 09:35   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Dealers do use TC numbers all the time , not sure on legal prospects though , have a look at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alerships.html
yes - I am aware of that. But this car is playing with the same TC plates since months (if not years).

Usually, you see TC plates for cars which are in transit (before they are not sold to a customer). In this case, this is a previous generation Jazz which have stopped production years back, and is a daily use car.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th July 2015 at 09:37.
Old 24th July 2015, 09:45   #621
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
yes - I am aware of that. But this car is playing with the same TC plates since months (if not years).
It could be an unsold/unregistered car from a dealership ?
But even then, isn't there a period for validity of the temporary registration plates ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:50   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My guess is that buyers of such cars propose to the dealer to perform the registration process themselves (saving the dealer a bit of paperwork and hassle), but don't follow through - usually to save tax and registration money. It is not clear to me how they manage to renew insurance year after year, though.

A rule that prohibits dealers from delivering unregistered cars to buyers should sort this problem out.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:31   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It could be an unsold/unregistered car from a dealership ?
I've seen this same Jazz before too (interestingly my last spotting was in the same area). There's a Honda dealership in the vicinity, so I'd thought it would be a mechanic doing a test drive - the nearby Skoda ASC has this practice of affixing a Temp plate over the actual number plate while they conduct test drives, which are needless to say, extremely rash and the test drivers care two hoots for signals and other road signs or road users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My guess is that buyers of such cars propose to the dealer to perform the registration process themselves (saving the dealer a bit of paperwork and hassle), but don't follow through - usually to save tax and registration money. It is not clear to me how they manage to renew insurance year after year, though.
Do you think someone who doesn't care a rodent's posterior in getting the car registered, would have insurance? There was a Merc S or ML in the news a few months ago, that wasn't registered for years.

A little OT, the so-called hyperactive authorities would turn a blind eye towards such cases of blatant violations but won't leave a stone unturned in showing tax-paying citizens as immigrants/outlaws/tax-evaders/aliens-in-their-own-country and what not!

Quote:
A rule that prohibits dealers from delivering unregistered cars to buyers should sort this problem out.
I would add, there has to be a quantum of service charge or registration charge mandated and enforced by law, to prevent dealers from overcharging the customer
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:32   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This rule exists. Vehicle must be registered before delivery. Need not be a permanent registration (which is usually the norm), it could be a temp registration.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:34   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Usually, you see TC plates for cars which are in transit (before they are not sold to a customer).
TC series is for temporary registration IIRC. From what I have heard, the temp registration is valid for 1 month from the date of registration. If needed, the registration can be renewed each month by paying the appropriate registration fee. It could be possible that this Jazz owner (individual/dealer) could have kept renewing the registration for reasons best known to him. However, I'm not sure if there is a limit on the no of times the registration can be renewed.

A relative of mine renewed his Nissan Sunny's temp registration 2 or 3 times, just because he was waiting for one particular number within the series.

Quote:
I guess you are saying that dealers should not deliver unless 'permanent' registration is done. The cars can be delivered with a Temp registration and the onus is on the buyer to get a permanent registration.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:03   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
TC series is for temporary registration IIRC.
TC - Trade Certificate - issued to dealerships for transit of cars. Same TC number can be used on any number of cars, but cant be used for more than one car at any given time. TC number is linked to the dealership, not to an individual car.

TEMP - temporary registration number. Linked with individual cars and the dealer cant deliver a car without a valid temporary registration.

In this case, as Silversteed posted, I think this car is a daily drive car of the Honda Showroom or some one working in the showroom.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 12:14   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TC - Trade Certificate - issued to dealerships for transit of cars. Same TC number can be used on any number of cars, but cant be used for more than one car at any given time. TC number is linked to the dealership, not to an individual car.

TEMP - temporary registration number. Linked with individual cars and the dealer cant deliver a car without a valid temporary registration.

In this case, as Silversteed posted, I think this car is a daily drive car of the Honda Showroom or some one working in the showroom.

--Anoop
My Bad. Thanks for clarifying that. I guess I was confused between TC and TR
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 11:27   #628
BHPian

Came across this number plate in BMTC bus yesterday! Did the BMTC pay for this number? Lucky!
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-007.jpg  

LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Came across this number plate in BMTC bus yesterday! Did the BMTC pay for this number? Lucky!
KA-nn-F/Fx series are reserved for BMTC and KaSRTC. KA-53 is KR Puram RTO
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:29   #630
BHPian

Take a look at some of these, mostly Politicians & Government cars
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-thumb_img_2994_1024.jpg  

Take a look at this number plate!-thumb_img_2997_1024.jpg  

Take a look at this number plate!-thumb_img_3028_1024.jpg  

Take a look at this number plate!-thumb_img_3030_1024.jpg  

Most Viewed