Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 12:00   #76
BHPian

Rajani !!!

Take a look at this number plate!-image018.jpg

No Comments from me
Old 14th August 2009, 00:54   #77
BHPian

Not sure if this picture is already posted. received in an email recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-numbers.jpg  

the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2009, 06:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

A major trend in Hyderabad is to write numbers still on Black back background and police generally overlooks it.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Attachment 144821

No Comments from me
Lol this is so funny. BTW how come Rajni sir, wasn't it supposed to be Dr. Rajkumar's pic
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:44   #80
BHPian

If these # plates entice you, I invite you to Thane. Here you will find dime a dozen of such characters.

I have seen DADA, NANA, MAMA, LOVE and many more written as numbers on # plates.

But you know what took the cake. A blue X5 with RAUT (in marathi/hindi) written through numbers on its number plate.

Members from thane, keep an eye open. This X5 is easily spotable.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

I think this trend is across maharastra...i too have spotted many DADA,MAMA,RAM and yes a RAUT too...
Old 6th December 2009, 16:37   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
There are clear rules regarding the size of the letters, colour of letters & background, size of the number plates and clear specifications for the different catagories.
Sorry am responding to quite an old post, but this is the first time I'm coming across this thread.

Does anyone know if it is still valid to have the numbers painted the same way they used to be, in case of older vehicles (which had the 3-alpha numbering system), ie. the 3 alphabets in smaller size than the digits? And also use the stencil type of font that was commonly used on all vehicles back in the day? In case I'm not clear, I mean like this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1373402-post856.html

I have not been able to get a clear answer on this so far, most people I've asked being unfamiliar with older registration systems. Around 7-8 years ago, when I first had a '65 Herald, I wanted to get the number painted this way but the numberplate guy refused saying it wasn't allowed anymore, and showed me some guidelines for number size/font etc. But he was showing me a template of a NEW series number, eg. AP 28A etc...I asked him if it was the same for older numbers, and pointed out that the type of font I was asking for was very much valid and was infact painted that way by rules on all vehicles of that time. Of course, he was the more modern "radium" stickering guy and wasn't familiar with the old-fashioned painting and stenciling, which was a different issue!
As of now, I do see many older vehicles, especially restored ones, reverting to the abovementioned numbering font/sizes.

Last edited by Stanher : 6th December 2009 at 16:40.
Old 23rd December 2009, 01:27   #83
BHPian

Can't believe what I saw today!

Was riding on the Eastern Express Highway and saw a Superb with the license plate having roman numerals.

I was on Honda Dio and he was in a Superb, so no pics :(

But the number was something like : IX VII III VI (9736)
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:05   #84
BHPian

What do you think of BOSS? I have seen many changing the 8055 number to read as BOSS. Some just write the number 8055 in a way to look as boss. Some just write BOSS
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:29   #85
BHPian

I am not supporting this but I think RTO should allow number plates like US. You can have anything written on numberplate which is registered with RTO with real no. In US lot of people have something written like fastdriver and so on numberplate. It's internally linked to some no. registered with RTO. This will stop fight for lucky nos. too.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:11   #86
BHPian

There are clear rules which specify the size and font and colours to be used on the number plates. Clearly people are taking advantage of the loop holes in the law. Some of these looks good, but are plainly illegal.

@mrkanitkar, in the US and many other countries, it is completely legal to get a custom number plate for your car. I too agree that we should be allowed to do this in India too.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 23rd December 2009 at 19:13.
Old 25th December 2009, 00:35   #87
BHPian

Once I read a number plate which had "Great of India" written in a font similar to "Govt. Of India"
Old 25th December 2009, 10:33   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
I am not supporting this but I think RTO should allow number plates like US. You can have anything written on numberplate which is registered with RTO with real no. In US lot of people have something written like fastdriver and so on numberplate. It's internally linked to some no. registered with RTO. This will stop fight for lucky nos. too.
If I am not correct in US they also have a vehicle installed tracker in all car/vehicle. So tracing any car is lots easier. Above all US driver's does not drive how we drive.

I have also seen many high end costly vehicle with ultra small no plate hanging. I wonder if that is a part of cost cutting
Old 25th December 2009, 14:34   #89
BHPian

In Chennai, I have seen number plates which are supposed to read 8008 - reading B**B. Number 8 stylized like B. Get what I mean.

Best part is in one such number plate, there was a shapely dot each inside the two zeroes. I hope you guys can visualize. I was shocked. But, it was funny and creative.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for going OT. About a month back I saw an Innova having black license plates starting with an upward arrow followed by numbers first & then alphabets, all in white. Please shed some light. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 25th December 2009 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks