Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 09:36   #271
BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Here are the buses from NARAYANA school having no number at all. I am seeing these buses from months and still no number plates. Some of the buses from this school have numbers handwritten with marker pens.

Take a look at this number plate!-img_20120821_180904.jpg

Take a look at this number plate!-img_20120926_185057.jpg

Many other buses from this school have proper number plates with AP29 registration. I have not seen a single bus from this school with proper KA registration. Why would all the buses from a school in Bangalore have AP registration.
Old 28th September 2012, 09:49   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Auto-Image thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Normally I don't post here. But found this very interesting number plate. Dunno if this is the proper thread to post this picture.
Where the heck is the actual number? I am sure the car would not have been fined at any point of time.

Yesterday I was fooled by one such number plate on a bike. I saw the "1" written in big bold letters first and thought cool this guy must have paid a lot for the number but then I read the entire number plate and saw the other first 3 numbers as "922". I could not stop laughing for sometime
Old 28th September 2012, 10:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Where the heck is the actual number?
I guess that may be a old registration plate reused for this car after completing RTO formalities.
Old 28th September 2012, 15:56   #274
Senior - BHPian

It is an old registration number that people used to reuse. While selling the older car they used to retain the old registration number by applying to RTO under various pretexts like numerology or astrology etc.

I believe nowadays the RTO doesn't permit this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Where the heck is the actual number? I am sure the car would not have been fined at any point of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post

I guess that may be a old registration plate reused for this car after completing RTO formalities.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:32   #275
Senior - BHPian

Now that's what we call a number plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-img00107201210041839.jpg  

Old 8th October 2012, 16:24   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Here are the buses from NARAYANA school having no number at all. I am seeing these buses from months and still no number plates. Some of the buses from this school have numbers handwritten with marker pens.
I have seen the same with some of the buses which are used by New Horizon college ofEngineering, i believe.

So post these on the BTP FB page.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:24   #277
BHPian

Take a look at this number plate!-rps20121009102241.jpg

Number plate written in Kannada. Since it was raining, I couldn't get a proper image. sorry.

Best part it, it's a showroom provided board from Dakshin Honda.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:33   #278
Senior - BHPian

Here's another Big Boss:
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-20121030_145129small.jpg  

Old 31st October 2012, 20:41   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Here's another Big Boss:
Funny part is that it is actually 8655 with "6" made to look like zero
Life was taught me lesson to stay away from vehicles having such number plates.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:10   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Attachment 997854

Number plate written in Kannada. Since it was raining, I couldn't get a proper image. sorry.

Best part it, it's a showroom provided board from Dakshin Honda.
This is a common ploy by people who drive out of state registered vehicles to avoid cops (maybe they think they can avoid cops). The car in the picture is HR 26 registered. I see a lot of TN, DL, HR and MH plates written in Kannada here in Bangalore. How much advantage they get by writing the number in Kannada, I don't know.

A friend's friend used to ride his bullet (TN registered) with a Kannada number plate. I remember him saying it was quite effective and that he was not stopped by the cops on most occasions.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 31st October 2012 at 21:12.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This is a common ploy by people who drive out of state registered vehicles to avoid cops (maybe they think they can avoid cops). The car in the picture is HR 26 registered. I see a lot of TN, DL, HR and MH plates written in Kannada here in Bangalore. How much advantage they get by writing the number in Kannada, I don't know.

A friend's friend used to ride his bullet (TN registered) with a Kannada number plate. I remember him saying it was quite effective and that he was not stopped by the cops on most occasions.
This is not right, both legally and ethically. These folks are not only cheating the system but also playing with their own conscious! I wonder are these games played in other states as well. Not good at all, how long can they keep cheating themselves

Last edited by sumathindra : 31st October 2012 at 23:05. Reason: edits
Old 31st October 2012, 23:52   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
This is not right, both legally and ethically. These folks are not only cheating the system but also playing with their own conscious!
Cheating? That's a strong word. I don't even know why you call it ethically a bad practice.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:42   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Cheating? That's a strong word. I don't even know why you call it ethically a bad practice.
@binand a few observations:

1. As per law the number plates are to be represented in English, well the vocal language can be written below (which is optional)

2. What is the compelling desire for the owner of that car (HR registered) to represent the registration in Kannada unless he would have some vested interests

Let's not kid ourselves in the name of the words used. What is wrong is wrong and no matter what, it cannot be changed. I feel sorry for such folks who resort to such actions to get away, well to get away from what, is left to one's imagination!

Last edited by sumathindra : 2nd November 2012 at 09:52. Reason: edits
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:09   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. As per law the number plates are to be represented in English, well the vocal language can be written below (which is optional)
As per the law you have to do a lot of things to ensure your number plate is legally compliant; read for yourself here:

http://www.vakilno1.com/bareacts/cen...r1989/s50.html

In particular, check (1)(iv) and (3) - does your vehicle conform to those rules? Or for that matter, (1)(i) - I assume my plates are compliant, but I have never checked or measured.

Quote:
2. What is the compelling desire for the owner of that car (HR registered) to represent the registration in Kannada unless he would have some vested interests
Having not met the person, I cannot comment. But being acquainted with people who keep their number plate in the vernacular, the most common reason I hear is pride in their mother tongue, and lack of awareness of the rules. I will assume this owner also falls into that category.

Quote:
Let's not kid ourselves in the name of the words used. What is wrong is wrong and no matter what, it cannot be changed. I feel sorry for such folks who resort to such actions to get away, well to get away from what, is left to one's imagination!
It might be legally wrong, but I don't find anything "ethically" wrong with it (unless it is done for the explicit reason of evading the MVI's eye - which I don't believe for a minute is a successful ploy).
Old 3rd November 2012, 15:03   #285
Senior - BHPian

Nagpur seems to be play ground for illegal no. plates, Lame RTO and Cops are busy minting money. Here are some examples..
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-photo0296.jpg  

Take a look at this number plate!-photo0047.jpg  

Take a look at this number plate!-photo0073.jpg  

Most Viewed