Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 15:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Didn't the biker have any space to cut into on your right side, considering that you were close to the white liines on your left? That would have been more natural if he was in the extreme right side of the lane. In any case he should have braked, no doubt about that.
No it wasn't natural for him to continue being on the right because there was a chassis twisted truck in the front and he was occupying most of the right lane space. If the biker wanted his dear life he wouldn't attempt trying to go under the truck close to its diesel tank and come out of the front like a Mithun movie. Even I have no doubt that he should have braked but did he have any is my first question. This is a local village and not many care about maintenance, do they? Forget about brakes they didn't even have helmets to save them from a brake less vehicle.

Here are a few pictures of the truck which stopped Bloody truck

Quote:
If the biker was doing a high speed shouldn't there have been at least a dent on your rear? I don't see any.
See the muddy picture? (The second one) the small rubbed mud is a small scratch and I am lucky enough not to have a dent probably and I can assure you that he was pretty fast. I don't want to exaggerate by quoting a speed.

Quote:
The Qualis has very good brakes as does its successor, the Innova. In my experience these guys have a habit of braking hard and at the last possible moment, putting those behind them in trouble.
It wasn't the Qualis guys fault and I stopped quite comfortably behind him. See the truck in the link above to know why the biker didn't go from my right.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
If the biker was doing a high speed shouldn't there have been at least a dent on your rear? I don't see any.
The Car was PALIO my dear!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
So WHAT? It wasn't only the Palio that saved me. It was the way in which the biker hit me. His rear wheel came up as if doing a stoppie and thats why the bike did not hit that bad and the pillion landed his forehead on the tail lamp. OUCH!! It must have hurt real bad and I touched his forehead quite a few times .
Old 30th July 2007, 16:17   #19
BHPian

MF, good that Mob was on your side. This is the thing I fear most. More than fear of I having an accident, I fear about I knocking down a pedestrian or a two- wheeler.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:36   #20
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
No it wasn't natural for him to continue being on the right because there was a chassis twisted truck in the front and he was occupying most of the right lane space. If the biker wanted his dear life he wouldn't attempt trying to go under the truck close to its diesel tank and come out of the front like a Mithun movie. Even I have no doubt that he should have braked but did he have any is my first question.
So the truck stopped, the Qualis stopped, you stopped, the biker behind you had space to cut to your right and apparently to the right of the Qualis (which presumably was trying to overtake the truck from its left). Yet the biker didn't have time to stop before hitting the truck. Looks like the biker was either overspeeding and didn't maintain distance or guilty of very poor anticipation. Maybe he had no brakes either as you pointed out.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the bumper. It took the impact well.
Sorry to hear about the incident MF.
But I think you were lucky to drive a palio!Had it been a Swift, it would have been a different story with the bumper.

I used to wonder if my Swift's bumper can withstand a strong enough 'stare', forget about a bang!!
Old 30th July 2007, 17:34   #22
BHPian

This is news!
This happened after the Friday meet right? Too bad. Tough Luck Moral. Do get that spanking palio back to normal.

Superavi
Old 30th July 2007, 17:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
This is news!
This happened after the Friday meet right? Too bad. Tough Luck Moral. Do get that spanking palio back to normal.
No Ravi, this happened on the 15th of July.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

MF checking the pictures I dont see much of damage and yeah good on you that touched his forehead a few times and I hope he felt the pain .LOL

OT :
Quote:
Quote:
Had it been a Swift, it would have been a different story with the bumper.
I used to wonder if my Swift's bumper can withstand a strong enough 'stare', forget about a bang!!
Now whats a Palio and Swift comparo doing here . Dude's I think its more to do with the way the bike came to a halt.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:47   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@Moralfibre, the way you described the biker hitting you at top speed, if it had been any other car, the bumper would be a goner. But, yours is hardly anything happened. Good to know that
Old 30th July 2007, 17:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
MF checking the pictures I dont see much of damage and yeah good on you that touched his forehead a few times and I hope he felt the pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
the way you described the biker hitting you at top speed, if it had been any other car, the bumper would be a goner. But, yours is hardly anything happened. Good to know that
Trust me guys, I was expecting a broken rear glass. A dented boot lid and a few more broken items but to my luck it did not happen.

Quote:
Now whats a Palio and Swift comparo doing here . Dude's I think its more to do with the way the bike came to a halt.
I don't know buddy, this is becoming a religion to many .
Old 30th July 2007, 18:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the situation MF. Things could have been far worse.

Thank God that Palio is built like a tank.
Old 30th July 2007, 18:26   #28
BHPian

Sad to hear about the accident MF. Good thing about it is you came out of it unscathed and so did the car albeit some minor damages. The bike might have not braked because he might have had none!
Old 30th July 2007, 18:27   #29
BHPian

hey moralfibre,sad that your red beauty got a knock!!i can imagine that condition,mine being the same car.what really took the cake was the biker blaming you for what happened!!had it been more serious,i guess he would not have been able to get up in the first place!
Old 30th July 2007, 18:41   #30
BHPian

so the pics with the cleaner red palio is washed rite, you can run it of with some wax or petrol, as for the tail light spend around 1000 bucks and replace it!

sad man sad but what to do, stop bikes below 600 cc in our INDIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks