Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 19:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

omg head hitting so hard to break the tail light can imagine how you feel moralfibre , my initial instinct would have been to engage reverse gear after the incident.

is that a crack on the bumper ? hope to see it back to its original state soon

find it funny that you cleaned the t-bhp sticker before taking the photos

Note from Moderator Team - Please stick to the rules and post with 2 smilies only.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 30th July 2007 at 19:36. Reason: Excessive smiley
Old 30th July 2007, 19:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Oye MF,

Glad things did not get nasty and your baby got away in almost perfect shape. Just replace the tail lamp unit and polish the bumper. Have a KF. All's fine.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2007, 06:54   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thank God that Palio is built like a tank.
Water tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Good thing about it is you came out of it unscathed and so did the car albeit some minor damages.
Rohan, I was sure I wouldn't get scratched unless I got off the car and stand in line of the bike and try to stop him from hitting me. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
so the pics with the cleaner red palio is washed rite, you can run it of with some wax or petrol, as for the tail light spend around 1000 bucks and replace it!
I will run some rubbing compound to get those rubber marks/scratches out.

Quote:
sad man sad but what to do, stop bikes below 600 cc in our INDIA!
More of we should ensure that people do not produce brains less than 1300 cc at least. This accident had nothing to do with engine displacement of the bike da.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
is that a crack on the bumper ? hope to see it back to its original state soon
No bottle, there is no crack on the bumper. It is just some tyre rubber marks and scratches.

Quote:
find it funny that you cleaned the t-bhp sticker before taking the photos
Hehehe me too.

Quote:
Glad things did not get nasty and your baby got away in almost perfect shape. Just replace the tail lamp unit and polish the bumper. Have a KF. All's fine.
That's what I am going to do Don. And then stand on the roof with a KF in hand and sing "Mujhko pehchaan lo"
Old 31st July 2007, 08:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
OUCH!! It must have hurt real bad and I touched his forehead quite a few times .
and was he running any fever ? what's your diagnosis ?
Old 31st July 2007, 09:37   #35
Team-BHP Support

If you get bumped from the back, it is never your mistake, there are very few exceptions*. Unfortunately in our country, people always try to pin it on the bigger vehicle.

I have never understood why bikers in India insist on tailgating at any speed, lord knows they can't brake if they keep 2 feet away from the vehicle in front. I had a similar experience in Bangalore with my Santro once, I braked to avoid a stopping car in front of me and a biker rams into me. I got out, asked whether he is alright, he was dazed but said he was fine. Santro had couple of dent on the back bumper. His helmet visor had cracked right in the center by hitting his head to the bike handle. The helmet actually saved him from cracking his head on his bike handle. Meanwhile a crowd was forming to take up a fact finding mission. Once I realised the biker was unhurt, I got in the car and took off. I didn't want to wait for the verdict of the fact finding mission. They would have found me guilty of reckless braking in front of a biker.

*Exception: Once a M800 reversed back into my Santro really fast and cracked the front license plate. I made him pay Rs.100 bucks for it.
Old 31st July 2007, 10:32   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I see the rear view mirrors to find a guy without a helmet zooming down this road and right in the center of my RVM. I knew he was going to bang into me because he had nowhere to to go. Shifted to neutral honked to get the Qualis moving and released the brake.
Guys, this why the damage was lesser than anticipated. He wasnt holding the brake, and allowing the car to move forward in neutral and absorb the impact also helped cushion it.

Moralfibre, good reflex thinking. I dont know under those circumstances, if i would be able to think as quick.
Old 31st July 2007, 10:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Moralfibre, good reflex thinking. I dont know under those circumstances, if i would be able to think as quick.
Good observation Benny and I did get pushed slightly forward on impact. But this wasn't because of reflexes. This road was pretty straight and the I could see the biker at a fair distance trying a sweep turn

Don't we all look in the RVM while we brake to see who's on your back waiting to pounce on your car?

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st July 2007 at 10:38.
Old 31st July 2007, 14:47   #38
BHPian

Moral,

That car did take the beating pretty well then. What i saw on Friday night was just the broken brake light bulb. I was wondering why you (who keeps his car great!) had kept the broken tail light. And i couldnt see a scratch!

Superavi
Old 31st July 2007, 16:33   #39
BHPian

Oh thas bad man !
There are these idiotic two wheelers all over Pune man. They ride like retards and when they end up crashing into someone, conveniently its the other vehicle's fault.
I have seen your palio at the recent meet man and it was looking awesome, really hurts to see it get damaged.
Old 29th August 2007, 16:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats Bad MF.. Recently on the Le Meridian Road An Army Gypsy did the same to me. Whats sad was that he seemed like a senior guy( age wise & also it was red light gypsy) & he was running away like a coward. The jerk was high but surprisingly the Alto took it well, I mean I was expecting a broken tail lamp but nothing of that sorts happened only slight scratch on the bumper.

Most Viewed