Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 15:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

this is the last thing one can imagine,really horrible thing

my sympathies with Khaadu
Old 30th July 2007, 15:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry to hear abt this loss. Its obviously done by someone with unrestricted access to that parking area...

Last edited by theMAG : 30th July 2007 at 15:46.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

Really sad. The watchman needs to be grilled. Somebody walks in into a secured area at the dead of the night and drives off in a car? Just like that? He would have opened the lock, probably disabled a central locking system and alarm. And the watchman was... where?

I am wondering though whether there was any gear lock on khaadu's vehicle! This becomes doubly important as we have discussed this on several threads in the past that Delhi kind of places need the gear lock kind of security devices real bad. Acts as another layer of deterrant.
Old 30th July 2007, 15:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ohhh man shocking to hear this!

Really sorry for you mate. Hope you find it in the same condition as it was when you lost it. good luck
Old 30th July 2007, 15:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Really sad. The watchman needs to be grilled. Somebody walks in into a secured area at the dead of the night and drives off in a car? Just like that? He would have opened the lock, probably disabled a central locking system and alarm. And the watchman was... where?

I am wondering though whether there was any gear lock on khaadu's vehicle! This becomes doubly important as we have discussed this on several threads in the past that Delhi kind of places need the gear lock kind of security devices real bad. Acts as another layer of deterrant.
Well, Khaadu didn't have central locking.....for the gear lock, he needed some minor modifications to be made & he was planning to go the next day to the workshop to get it fixed

As for the watchman (closest to his parking slot), well, he made the mistake of giving Khaadu some "attitude" so he got severely slapped , the only entertaining bit in the entire story (oh yeah, the corrupt station cop also got a piece of his mind)!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Oh! ooohhhh... so net net, there was no security devices installed in Khaadu's vehicle? amazing mann!
Old 30th July 2007, 15:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Oh! ooohhhh... so net net, there was no security devices installed in Khaadu's vehicle? amazing mann!
It's a new car and probably he was waiting for some new fitments along with security devices.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
It's a new car and probably he was waiting for some new fitments along with security devices.
Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head
Old 30th July 2007, 16:09   #24
BHPian

This is absolutely horrible news to hear!!!
Sorry to hear Khaadu!
Old 30th July 2007, 16:10   #25
BHPian

Try to post the PICs of the car, so that someone may recognize it and report.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:22   #26
BHPian

Oooops, that's a bad news to start my T-BHP browsing after a brief hiatus. Which block of VK? Never thought of something like this happening from an area like VK.

Khaadu, my wishes are with you.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I am wondering though whether there was any gear lock on khaadu's vehicle!
I always felt that my car was more secure when parked at home.

I have a brake-pedal lock which I used to use everywhere the car was parked except when it was parked at home (which is a similar 'secured' society).

This incident is a real awakener. When I go home today, I'm locking down my car.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu, my condolences ! I know what it feels like. Please be patient and hope for the best.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:27   #29
BANNED

Guys, As mentioned above I had been BANNED due to some reasons ... but that BAN has been lifted so that I can share with you guys the entire saga and maybe get a few of you to avoid any such incident happeing with your cars ..... Mods @ U devious minds

PART 1

Anyways ... Sat morning I wake up at 4 am , step out of the house ( I live on the gf ) and as the jeep had been parked right in front start walking to it but when I was about 20 ft away I noticed that instead of the jeep there was a Cielo standing there . Still half asleep , I assumed that maybe dad ran out of smokes at night so of he went and on returning didnt get the same spot therefore parked it someplace else -- NO TENSION still !! As its still dark ... I started wandering around the parking and I saw my black jeep parked about 10 cars down ..... but when I reached there I realsied that it was a black Scorpio and not the Bolero unless some grateful car doc came in at night and did a sex xhange operattion , turning bolero into scorpio !! By now i was kind of 75% awake ... went around a bit more and then started to get worried as the gut said -- Khaadu , time to get urself another machine -- this ones gone for good .

Went back in to ask dad if he did go for smokes at night ... only for him in his half asleep pointing to his ciggy pack on the side table and saying ' can't you see them -- why u waking me up at 4 am ' ?? I told him I didnt want a ciggy but needed to know if he had gone out to buy any after i crashed --- by now my dad thought I had lost my mind , so beofre he could say anything I told him what I suspected . Then to wake up wifey and told her to call 100 while I went out to get the guards together , she asked me why I wanted her to call 100 so I told her coz its time we got ourself a new jeep -- she also like my dad thought I'd lost it . Anyways dad woke up -- wifey dialled 100 and i went of looking for the guards .

One guard is fast asleep on his plastic chair about 10 feet from where the Bolero had been parked ... shook him up only for him in his broken hindi to tell me that the car left at night !! I cudn't figure out what he was saying coz he kept changing what he said + broken dialect + anger = Chaos . Got the gurad from the main gate who himself was in a trance effect ... and I asked him where my jeep was for him to put his hands on his waist and tell me as to how shoudl he know where it went ---- ANGER CONTROLLED -- right hand trembling !!! Asked him if he enters the numbers of cars that come in and go out and he said yes he does , again with a cocky attitude ( attitude that said -- why u spoiling my sleep dude ) -- of he goes to get the register very confidently . He gets the register only for me to see that the last entry was made at 9 pm .... so I asked him about teh ones after that and he says ' how do I know ' ?? Hand lost control -- register got registered on his face as i knew my slap might have killed him at that point . I think all the entries till 9 pm got registered on his cheek . PCR qualis comes in , register compalint , call up local police station ... 20 mins later the local cops come in and ask me to write an application . When I finsihed signing it and asked them - what next , the SI turns aorund and tells me to look for the vehicle and they shal;l also look for it and to get back to him at about 10 am . I was like *** ??? Anyways , I swore to behave like a law abiding citizen and do what anyone should do ..... meanwhile the gurad got a few more from me and he went to call other guards , head guard , RWA president and a few others . Regular bull **** ... how , when , why , Im sorry , we shall do something , etc etc !! By now wifey had lost her cool .. as she still hadn't TD the jeep so that pissed her off and she was givinga mouthful to the president - head guard and stuff .

Anyways , things get back to normal ..... call a few ppl and tell them what happened and thats about it . 10 am and I call the SI and he tells me to come to him at the PS ... of I went , asked me a few questions like

1. Who took it ( as if Im to know )
2. What do I do ( as if that matters )
3. Did I look for it ( i didnt beyond the colony or am I suppose to go to Nepal border and stand there )
4. Was it financed ( how many buy it cash down )
5. Did I owe the bank guys any EMIS ( i had told him its 10 days old )

He said he shall look for it and to come back at 5 as the guy who does the FIRs wasn't there !!! By then I was losing it so issued him a light warning about what can happen if he behaves weirdly the way he has been . he thins Im bull****ting and literally asks me to leave . Call him at 5 and he asks me to come sunday morning at 9 am ... I call him at 9 am for him to tell me he's with the SHO and to call again at 11 am -- and at 11 am I called again for him to tell me hes still with the SHO !!! Finally fed up I left for the PS at about 12 only to be told he isn't there and hasn't been there since 9 am and nor is the SHO there ( hes making rounds ) .

By now my fuse had short circuited ... made a few calls .... at 4 pm , I get a call from the SI asking me to come to the cop station at 6 pm to take the FIR !! I go at 6 pm ... and he tells me that I didnt have to get people to call him and that he would have anyways given it to me and stuff -- by now my attitude was way up there and I told himi ' WATEVER -- just get me the god damn FIR ' and if I didnt get it in 5 mins I wud make sure he gets a few more calls and this time from even higher up . He personally runs down to the computer room ... FIRs are now computerised printouts , but the computer operator is not there and he throws a fit at the guys there - calls the computer operator and blows him up for not being there . He was ****ting bricks by now . Anyways he gave me the FIR number from the register and pleaded with me to come in the morning and take the FIR from the computer guy . So I left !! 10 mins later he calls me and tells me not to come to the station till he calls , just incase I come at 10 and the computer operator aint there .

this morning I had the ACP of this zone call me up at 8 am to ask me what happened and how it happened !! He also said that he would depute someone to come and talk to the colony guards .. but that the FIR woud be ready by 10 am and that I should come and pick it up . Atr sharp 10 am I get a call from a cop asking me to come to the station to pick up the FIR as its been done .

I went there at 1 pm ... by then I had received about 4 calls about the FIR being ready . Anyways , now I have the FIR in my hands and its gonna go over to the Insurance guys tomorrow . Now their drama will start !!!

Moral of the story -- make sure you have contacts in the police deptt .

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th July 2007 at 16:45. Reason: Just removing a couple of smileys
Old 30th July 2007, 16:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey, welcome back ......now we hear it from the horse's mouth!
EDIT: Oops, sorry about the goof-up, hadn't realized you were on the ground floor - dunno why I thought you said you peered out & couldnt see the car

Last edited by suman : 30th July 2007 at 16:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed