Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2007, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that your new truck was stolen Khadu. I'm sure it was an inside job... probably the security personnel or even the cops are neck deep in it.

I hope and pray you get ur truck back in the same condition as before or better still a different brand new truck from the insurance folks.

Do keep us posted on the turn of events.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

very sorry to hear about it khaadu, Hope u don't have to face much hassles claiming your insurance.
It shows height of negligence from the security guards of your colony.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:38   #33
BHPian

Really sad to have happened so Khaadu. Lets hope that things clear out as you like it to, at the earliest possible instant.
Old 30th July 2007, 16:40   #34
BANNED

Part II

Insurance saga so far ....

On Saturday at 10 am I started calling their 24 hr help line number only to get a voice saying that all the exec's are busy , so pls leave a number and we shall get back shortly . I very obediently did that and then waited !! 20 mins nothing , so I called again to get back to the same voice repeating the same excuse !!! I also sent a sms to a number that they ahve listed on tehir site ...

about 11.30 am I get a call from their call centre .... helpful guy , took all the details and gave me a refernce number for the complaint and asked me to get in touch with their local office in Delhi . I called their local office only to be told that the guy who handles theft is not in today and to call back on Monday morning . So two days nothing could be done !! Meanwhile I had informed Rt about what happened to the jeep and if he knew anyone in the insurance company ?? He pulled out someone ( F50 ) and spoke with about the procedure . he reverted back with very very depressing news about the procedure and also a warning that I shoudl start praying that the vehicle is never found again .

Anyways , as per his advise I started making a lil log book about who I spoke with and at what time , etc etc !!! Nothing happened in this deptt over the week end so this morning when I called the concerned guy he took the details and said that a surveyor will call me in an hours time ---- its been 5 hrs and still NO CALL !!!

He is meant to come and give me the list of about 100 documenst athat are required and then the final ' Non Traceable Report ' from the cops which usually takes anywhere from 45 - 90 days and in some cases even longer . But , Im hoping that I should get it way sooner and then lets see what excuses the insurance company pulls out to prolong my agony .

All in all as per my calculations .. the jeep cost me about 9-10k per day !!! Im gonna loose about 90-95 k in the process and I only had the car for 10 exact days . Lets see if I loose any more due to some hidden clauses in the insurance agreement .

Anyways , its been terrible in the sense that Im back to one car in the house !!!! Will keep you guys updated what happens now onwards ....
Old 30th July 2007, 16:40   #35
Team-BHP Support

Khaadu the way these law-enforcers behave at times makes you want to take them.. ahem the law into your hands.

What is it you wish for now? Finding the old one, or a new one altogether?
Old 30th July 2007, 16:44   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Khaadu the way these law-enforcers behave at times makes you want to take them.. ahem the law into your hands.

What is it you wish for now? Finding the old one, or a new one altogether?
Im hoping that the jeep is never found ever again ..... atleast not till the insurance claim is had coz I know what happens incase they do find it . Im looking at another Bolero .. black in color but again with no gear locks in place !!! I'm gonna take a chance and see if I can tempt the thieves to come in again to steal the new one as well ..... and in the process get caught .

Some of you might say CRAZy .... but just a desire to catch them and you never know ........................ !!!

Cheers

PS -- I have a feeling that someone at the dealership is somehow involved in this . Don't ask me why now ,, just a hunch !!!

Last edited by khaadu75 : 30th July 2007 at 16:46.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:06   #37
Team-BHP Support

Khaadu, sad to hear about your loss. Be patient and everything will be sorted out I hope. Keep your log book updated because it will definitely be worth the effort. And as far as possible get some reference numbers for every call you make to the call centers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Some of you might say CRAZy .... but just a desire to catch them and you never know ........................ !!!
Revenge is sweet, but best had cold. You shouldn't have announced this!
Old 30th July 2007, 17:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu
Non Traceable Report ' from the cops which usually takes anywhere from 45 - 90 days and in some cases even longer .
I believe that after 6 months,one gets the non-traceable certificate which when produced to the insurance company,it will make payment for ur new car(same brand,same model).
Old 30th July 2007, 17:10   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
PS -- I have a feeling that someone at the dealership is somehow involved in this . Don't ask me why now ,, just a hunch !!!
Might explain why they were able to do it so easily. But then again, we are just speculating.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thats really sad news Khaadu . Hope you get your claims early bro ..
Old 30th July 2007, 17:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu sorry to hear about your car being stolen mate. Hope for the best.

I think you should try pursuing your hunch.I second your feeling that it could be the handy work of someone at the dealership.
Old 30th July 2007, 18:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sorry about the story, it hearts a lot. apart from loosing loved one ( car ) these guards/cops make situation still worse with bad support.

First wish Lets pray GOD to make black beauty come back to Khaadu or at least insurance company act fast and you can buy new beauty. Make sure you fit securtiy/remote locks on your new buy which is must and should even before car leaves dealership.

I always insist on fitting central locking/immoblizer if car supports it before we buy it from dealership.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 30th July 2007 at 18:34.
Old 30th July 2007, 18:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear about this khaadu,hope things get back to normal at the earliest.
Old 30th July 2007, 19:17   #44
Team-BHP Support

Very sorry to hear this khaadu, it is gut wrenching just to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I believe that after 6 months,one gets the non-traceable certificate which when produced to the insurance company,it will make payment for ur new car(same brand,same model).
You mean the money is stuck for 6 months, does one have to pay EMI for the stolen vehicle until NTC is given out?
Old 30th July 2007, 19:19   #45
BANNED

Khaadu,

If you have bought the car on finance and if not already done pl write a letter and hand deliver it to the office of the finance company informing them of what has happened and to put a freeze on the installments as you are not in posession of the car as it has been stolen.

Please insist on a acknowledgement with their rubber stamp.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 30th July 2007 at 19:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks