Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2007, 00:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Feel terrible for you man, at the same time i would advice you not to try & use too much influence on the search like you did to the cop that gave you the FIR. It just ain't right. contacts & money are to be used wisely & not to satiate ourselves. Make sure you get a new bolero without having to spend a pie, there are ways for that, use your influence(if you have any) for this & not to bully cops, that does not help you in any way, Just my opinion. cheers

P.S I see that you have come from exile...i was kinda hoping this event would just do that.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 31st July 2007 at 00:26.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu, really sad to hear about this loss. And to top it, the frustration of not being able to do anything about it.

Scorpios, Boleros, Dicors, Taveras are very high on the list of auto-lifters. A friend who has a Scorp sufferd a break-in attempt while it was parked at his office in NOIDA. Fortunately he could not pry open the lock, but in the process damaged the housing.

My suggestion to all is to install the gear-lock immediately and more so instantly when you buy a new vehicle. Even before you take delivery, this should be installed first. Of course, it is not theft-proof, but will make that much more difficult to steal.

I for one have a gear-lock and SMS tracker installed in my Scorp after I read a series of theft of these high end trucks in paper.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:03   #63
Senior - BHPian

Steer, sadly vasant kunj is not secure as you presume. I stayed there for 18 years and know how safe it is. Shalini Matto was raped and killed in broad daylight in her apartment in vasant kunj, several cases of chain-snatching, car lifting have happened and the police has been not able to do much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
This is shocking! A BRAND NEW vehicle stolen from what is supposedly a secure Apartment complex!

Khaadu my sympathies. I hope you have insurance for theft.
Old 31st July 2007, 12:33   #64
BANNED

KHAADU dude really sad..can understand how u might be feeling now..hope everything goes fine...
Old 31st July 2007, 13:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I believe that after 6 months,one gets the non-traceable certificate which when produced to the insurance company,it will make payment for ur new car(same brand,same model).
Well,for the Non Traceable Report it is 3 months from the date of FIR,so just pray that u dont get the vehicle traced.

usually in theft cases,if vehicle is found within few hrs then there are not much damages but if it goes beyond few days/weeks then normally its without the parts.
Old 31st July 2007, 15:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Its sad and disheartening to hear of the loss, khaadu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My suggestion to all is to install the gear-lock immediately and more so instantly when you buy a new vehicle. Even before you take delivery, this should be installed first. Of course, it is not theft-proof, but will make that much more difficult to steal.

I for one have a gear-lock and SMS tracker installed in my Scorp after I read a series of theft of these high end trucks in paper.
I double that, please get a security system installed before you even take the vehicle home, new vehicles are most prone to thefts.

Gear locks are a big deterrent too, my brothers car got saved due to it, although the thief took away all the perfume and paper tissues and some toys kept in the back seat.

Check here for car security systems

Last edited by dadu : 31st July 2007 at 15:34.
Old 31st July 2007, 17:37   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Khaadu, really sad to hear about this loss. And to top it, the frustration of not being able to do anything about it.

Scorpios, Boleros, Dicors, Taveras are very high on the list of auto-lifters. A friend who has a Scorp sufferd a break-in attempt while it was parked at his office in NOIDA. Fortunately he could not pry open the lock, but in the process damaged the housing.

can anyone give the address of SMS trackker, so that i can install in my car immediately.
Old 31st July 2007, 19:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu, sorry to hear about this.

I would suggest starting to look in small towns around the Delhi area for anyone trying to sell an almost new Bolero for a good discounted price. A new car like that they will try to sell off rather than strip for parts. You may need to be the detective yourself.

Last edited by Mpower : 31st July 2007 at 20:46.
Old 31st July 2007, 20:25   #69
Senior - BHPian

@Mpower: just to update, SUVs stolen, if not driven to Nepal for sale land up in Meerut to be dismembered..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Khaadu, sorry to hear about this.

I would suggest starting to look in small towns around the Delhi area for anyone trying to sell an almost new Bolero for a good discounted price. A new car like that they will try to sell off rather than strip for parts. You may need to do the detective yourself.
Old 1st August 2007, 18:48   #70
Senior - BHPian

Khaadu: any update on the Bolero front?
Old 1st August 2007, 19:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this thread. Khaadu, really sorry to hear about the theft. Even our complex security guards are asleep at nights whenever i've come back late at nights. Hope you don't have too much trouble with the insurance people.

Drifter
Old 1st August 2007, 20:02   #72
Senior - BHPian

Just read the whole thread... sorry to hear about this Khaadu !!

Hope you get yr claim fast. Cheers !!! Best of Luck Bro !!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Khadu sorry to hear of the theft dude...just joined team-bhp and knew u were in love with the vehicle.. Even i own a bolero but its back in my farms and thats like slightly safer from thieves
Old 6th September 2007, 10:51   #74

sorry to hear kaadu dont you guys have security guards there.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Dear, read the very first post. The behaviour of security guards has been explained there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkvc View Post
sorry to hear kaadu dont you guys have security guards there.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks