Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2007, 17:38   #31
BHPian

Mumbai Cool cab meters rigged

These MERU and the other Goldcabs are reliable and have proper meters. The COOL cabs are to be totally avoided. All their meters are rigged. Thats why you find them parked around 5 star hotels such as Oberoi where they can merrily fleece foreigners.

A did take one some time ago. They are supposed to be 25% more expensive than the normal black/ yellow cabs. As against the normal fare of 150-160 in the regular cabs, this one's meter showed 400. The regular cabs are better in this respect and rarely are their meters rigged.

When I confronted the driver he pleaded ignorance to meter being fudged claiming that its sealed etc. and he does not know how its supposed to work.

Of course he added that since I was a regular, I could pay what I felt the correct fare should be. He gladly accepted 200 bucks and promised to have his meter checked (which I'm sure he will not). He requested me not to make a complaint.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

That is regular. I currently stay at the Kohinoor, a three star hotel. The cabs outside have standard rate of 200+ (depending on hirers face). Auto came back in about 75 (from the bandstand).

They claim its their cost for standing idle in auto areas, outside these hotels. Having no choice at times, one has to accede.
Old 15th August 2007, 03:13   #33
BHPian

you can book meru online too Car Rentals - Mumbai Car Rentals and Cab Services : Meru - Rely on us

for our delhi & chandigarh members - Welcome to MEGACAB :: Premium Mobility Services (they will be soon launching in mumbai too)

PS: both the websites done at the place i work (latter designed by yours truly)
Old 31st August 2007, 14:41   #34
BHPian

breeze cool cabs

BREEZE COOL CABS Another one in Bangalore. Dont know the prices as yet. But basically AC Indigo cabs, with GPS. Can be booked by SMS or phone or the web. Seems good for Airport runs.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:30   #35
BHPian

Has anyone tried Radio Cab in Pune ? They are charging Rs.16/km. and Rs.50 for the first km. I'm planning to use it for going to Pune Station from Baner-Balewadi(~13km). Auto rickshaw in these area demands a lot more(~150) than the actual rates and I would need two for 4+luggage.

Thanks
Old 5th June 2008, 12:44   #36
BANNED

Meru Cabs are every where in Bangalore. You can easily spot them due to their odd green color.

They all are Logan diesels.

Phone number is: 4422 4422
Old 5th June 2008, 12:49   #37
BHPian

yes i too have seen these cabs running around in bangalore and find most of the logan diesels with odd green color..

and thanks diabloo for sharing the phone number

Last edited by Mr.Bangalore : 5th June 2008 at 12:50.
Old 5th June 2008, 13:02   #38
BHPian

As I understand Meru cab service is available in Hyd, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Irrespective of which city you are in their contact number remains same 4422 4422.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:16   #39
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4_2007 View Post
Has anyone tried Radio Cab in Pune ? They are charging Rs.16/km. and Rs.50 for the first km...
The tariff is Rs.50 for the first three km., and Rs. 16 for each km. from the fourth km. onwards;
not Rs. 50 for the first km. and Rs. 16 for each km from the second km. onwards.
Old 5th June 2008, 14:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
I wish someday we get such good service in Bangalore.
Meru Taxi is already present in Bangalore. I have seen many of them(Green Logans) moving around M.G Road.

Last edited by ravikn : 5th June 2008 at 14:49.
Old 5th June 2008, 15:36   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have yet to see a taxi service as professional as Meru. And my statement covers my experience in some EU countries as well as the States.

My office uses Meru frequently for our foreign guests. Here is the typical flow:

1. My office co-ordinator calls them.

2. Meru's caller ID recognizes our phone number, and they greet my office co-ordinator by her first name.

3. They confirm that a taxi is available for that time slot, and that we will receive an SMS with the drivers name and cell number.

4. SMS received within 5 minutes.

5. Driver arrives at our doorstep and calls to inform us of the same. It is worth of mention that Meru cabs have arrived "before time", 8 times out of 10.

Fantastic! We gotta respect such a high level of operational efficiency.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:03   #42
Team-BHP Support

GTO, there is a cab service called Spot City Taxi here in Bangalore. They also provide service similar to what you have mentioned, leaving out the addressing by name, and also the SMS. They arrive well before time for the pickup. I have used their services about 3-4 times, and have no complaints at all.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:27   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
GTO, there is a cab service called Spot City Taxi here in Bangalore. They also provide service similar to what you have mentioned, leaving out the addressing by name, and also the SMS. They arrive well before time for the pickup. I have used their services about 3-4 times, and have no complaints at all.
They flicked a cell phone from my dad. Dad left it in the cab. Cabbie drove off. Dad had bill with cab number. Called up in 5 mins. Cab came back after 30mins. Cabbie denied there was a phone in the car.

Twice they didn't come early morning to go to airport.

Once they harassed my dad to pay more than the meter. When I call and say my name they do have my address and phone number which is good. My experience is average. We have been using spot taxi since 1999.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:41   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
They flicked a cell phone from my dad. Dad left it in the cab. Cabbie drove off. Dad had bill with cab number. Called up in 5 mins. Cab came back after 30mins. Cabbie denied there was a phone in the car.

Twice they didn't come early morning to go to airport.

Once they harassed my dad to pay more than the meter. When I call and say my name they do have my address and phone number which is good. My experience is average. We have been using spot taxi since 1999.
............and they started overcharging me once when I orered a cab from Bangalore Cant to home - Rs 250
Old 5th June 2008, 16:52   #45
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Our experience of Meru so far is simply fantastic. Everytime I call, as soon as I give my mobile number, they acknowledge me by name and have my home address. All we need to do is give them the time and 30 minutes before the scheduled time they send you an SMS with the driver's name and mobile. All the cabs in Hyderabad are new diesel Logans and I think this service rivals the very best anywhere in the world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks