Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 16:55   #46
Team-BHP Support

@Vid, Ajmat: Guess we all have various experiences. Shall stop praising them from now onwards.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:00   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Vid, Ajmat: Guess we all have various experiences. Shall stop praising them from now onwards.
Arre no problem yaar. some of the guys were genuinely good. Others not so. We didn't have a car for one year so my dad and I used spot everyday to commute from airport road to mg road for one year.

Even now we used it to commute to the old airport during odd hours.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:05   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have yet to see a taxi service as professional as Meru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Our experience of Meru so far is simply fantastic.
All the cabs in Hyderabad are new diesel Logans and I think this service rivals the very best anywhere in the world.
I agree. Meru is definitely doing something right. Lets hope that when their service expands the service levels dont fall.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Im bound to agree with all here. Meru cabs are one thoroughly professional setup and is a boon for travelling in the cities today.
ive used Megacabs as well from the airport and found them good as well.
Old 6th June 2008, 17:36   #50
Team-BHP Support

Took a Meru from home to KR puram to fetch my car. Rang at 9.30 for a 10.00 am pick up. Car only came at 10.30. To be fair, I gave little notice.

Car very keen inside. Driver did not use a/c till later. Polite ut very quiet. I was impressed by the Logan as a passenger. Cost Rs 250. Now compare that to the auto's who would not take less than Rs 150 from KR puram to airport road!
Old 6th June 2008, 19:02   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Our experience of Meru so far is simply fantastic. Everytime I call, as soon as I give my mobile number, they acknowledge me by name and have my home address. All we need to do is give them the time and 30 minutes before the scheduled time they send you an SMS with the driver's name and mobile. All the cabs in Hyderabad are new diesel Logans and I think this service rivals the very best anywhere in the world.
Meru is definitely good and I understand everyone is impressed. However, if you leave out the AC bit and the GPS and printer I think we in Hyderabad have always had another equally good radio car service. Cell Cabs. They almost threw everyone out of business.

If you used them earlier then they will know you the moment you call them. They know your address, always arrive on time. When they leave for your premises you get an SMS with the car number and the driver's name. Once the car is at home you again get an update.

And the best part is once the journey completes and you have paid the driver off and walk away the driver I guess gives a mission-accomplished message to the control center. You get a bon voyage (if you got down at airport or railway station) and good day message from them with a request to provide feedback if you wish by calling up a particular number.
Old 6th June 2008, 19:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Our experience of Meru so far is simply fantastic. Everytime I call, as soon as I give my mobile number, they acknowledge me by name and have my home address. All we need to do is give them the time and 30 minutes before the scheduled time they send you an SMS with the driver's name and mobile. All the cabs in Hyderabad are new diesel Logans and I think this service rivals the very best anywhere in the world.

In Bangalore too i started seeing the green logan Meru cabs.There is one more called easy cabs.These are also Logan but pearl white color.
Old 8th June 2008, 00:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbelekar View Post
As I understand Meru cab service is available in Hyd, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. Irrespective of which city you are in their contact number remains same 4422 4422.
Thanks for that information, i am sure to try them at the earliest available instance.

cheers.
Old 8th June 2008, 11:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Recently used Meru cabs from the airport in Shamshabad to home in sri nagar colony. paid about 500 bucks. The guy put all my baggage in the boot by himself and after reaching home he actually got all my baggage to my doorstep. A/C was switched on immediately after we got into the car while he was loading the baggage. The distance i guess was about 33kms. I have heard nothing but good things about these guys. My only gripe is about the logan; they have no rear headrest. It was literally a pain in the neck after a while. Have yet to try out the easy cab innovas.
Old 8th June 2008, 14:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Recently used Meru cabs from the airport in Shamshabad to home in sri nagar colony. paid about 500 bucks. The guy put all my baggage in the boot by himself and after reaching home he actually got all my baggage to my doorstep. A/C was switched on immediately after we got into the car while he was loading the baggage. The distance i guess was about 33kms. I have heard nothing but good things about these guys. My only gripe is about the logan; they have no rear headrest. It was literally a pain in the neck after a while. Have yet to try out the easy cab innovas.
No rear headrests? I am surprised! I thought Logan had 3 headrests in the rear, unlike most cars which have only 2.
Old 8th June 2008, 19:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
No rear headrests? I am surprised! I thought Logan had 3 headrests in the rear, unlike most cars which have only 2.
The cab we got had no headrests. I guess it was the base model. Does the base model come with ps and ac ???
Old 15th June 2008, 21:21   #57
Team-BHP Support

Went to Hyderabad and used them for airport transfer. The beauty of these are that you are not dependent on your hosts or hotel to arrange transport. Just call and book.

However the drivers still need to build up their knowledge. My trip to the Taj Banjara was via Taj kirshna, and Taj Deccan!
Old 15th June 2008, 21:46   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

How safe is Meru cabs?

I mean what are the chances of a driver stopping late at night and mugging you?
Old 17th June 2008, 10:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Went to Hyderabad and used them for airport transfer. The beauty of these are that you are not dependent on your hosts or hotel to arrange transport. Just call and book.

However the drivers still need to build up their knowledge. My trip to the Taj Banjara was via Taj kirshna, and Taj Deccan!

LOL there are 3 taj hotels pretty close by and the worst part is their names have been changed at least 2 times from the time taj took over. Now which is Taj deccan? the one right beside Taj krishna right. (the old holiday INN)
Old 17th June 2008, 10:46   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
How safe is Meru cabs?

I mean what are the chances of a driver stopping late at night and mugging you?
Considering that they are backed by Reliance, I'd say Meru would be safer than regular cabs by a mile.

Most Viewed