Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 19:01   #1
BHPian

nhc isnt new anymore.

car - dad's nhc - aug 2006

date - last week

two accidents in span of one week.

First

first one happened, when dad was abt to get into the car from the wrong side becos there was lot of dirt on the left hand side. he just sat inside and a rickshaw fello just banged into the rear right door before it could be shut. the impact resulted in the door losing its alignment and therefore could not be shut at all.

they were still at ghatkopar and had to reach office at navi mumbai.

lucikly dad had sat in the car or he would have been injured as he was just in line of impact.

they got the car to navi mumbai, holding the door throughout the 45 min journey.

took the car to husband's workshop and he just set it right.

but all this while, we dint know that this wasnt enough.

Second

on thursday there was a lot of traffic near mankhurd towards ghatkopar and the driver had just slowed down when a tata truck just banged from behind.

they got down but dint do much about collecting some money from the truck driver as he seemed to be too rowdy for them. the cars behind them had also started honking.

the damages - boot bore the brunt of huge impact. a big dent, completely misaligned. just manages to close.

rear right tail light - broken, has to be changed.

bumper - not broken but has bent quite a bit so will have to be reworked.

rear right fender too has some minor dents.

total damages - set back of 10/12 k .

all this for no fault of ours.

Ultimately our NHC isnt new any more.

just wanted to vent out the frustration of losing out on Rs 3000/- NCB cos will have to claim the insurance.

Mansi
Old 6th August 2007, 19:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about this. That was one pretty tough week. Luckily no body is injured.
Old 6th August 2007, 19:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sheer bad luck. But thank God your father is alright.
Old 6th August 2007, 19:23   #4
BHPian

dad is lucky to be alright, infact in the second accident, impact was too much but nhc was tough enough to bore the brunt.

will put up some pics tommorow.

mansi
Old 6th August 2007, 20:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to know about the mishap, and that too for no fault of yours.
It happens, and we have no other option but to accept it and move on!

Well, I too had a bad week with two back to back mishaps!
And my Car is in the workshop recovering from the same, will get it back tommorow!
Old 6th August 2007, 20:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
It happens, and we have no other option but to accept it and move on!
Exactly!

Me car was rear-ended twice two weeks back! although the damage wasn't much, it takes a lot out of you mentally. But then, there is no other way than to move on with life.
Old 6th August 2007, 21:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

I am also an NHC owner and recipient of such hits on both my bumpers.

For me the consolation has been the Honda bumper material. It's so flexible...on a couple of occasions, a PMT (equivalent of BEST in Mumbai...equivalent only in it's constitutional status not in quality of attitude or anything else...) bus hit the car and I got down to see that the bumber had sunked in. After shgouting at the bus driver, he just took a couple of feet reverse (with no sign of regret on his face) and when I looked at the bumper, it slowly came back to it's original shape (with minor mis-alignment at the edges)...I was impressed even in that situation...

of course, I wasn't lucky on other ocassions and had to get the bumper replaced in one of the incidents...

In India, people think the bumpers or the body has to be made rock solid like of steel/concrete or something and they install all sorts of bull bars and what not...they just do not realise that the car shell (including bumpers) is made to "absorb" the impact more than to resist it. If bumper did not flex and bend in place, it will add to the disaster....

Glad that you also observed these to be the virtues of NHC.

And you are lucky as your husband deals in the related industry...

For me the the grief of the accident always has "part 2" - dealing with the greedy "deccan honda"...their mouth starts watering when they see another "accident car"...
Old 7th August 2007, 12:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Opps thats sad, but good none are hurt.

guess driving in city is getting wrse as the days pass!
Old 7th August 2007, 12:40   #9
BHPian

It really is so frustrating to see the damage inflicted on your baby by some stupid oaf. wonder what should be the best course of action...to take out your jack handle and smash the lights/windows of the offending car or just be cool and take down the registration number. The state of the roads being so, it is high time the insurance companies came out with easier claim procedures. In fact TBHP can start a campaign and get a petition moved to all the insurance companies to ensure that their clients get the right amount in time. I am sure there won't be any dearth of signatories for such a campaign.

Most Viewed